Help a G35X brother out...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 07:30 PM
bmckenney

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help a G35X brother out...

I don't think the search engine for my37 is the same (or as good) as the g35driver site. Believe me, I searched this site for "G37X shocks" and "KYB" etc and it seems to be using an OR operator and is giving me way to many results to sift thru. Not sure why the search engine or config would be different but it's just not working for me on this site.

My problem is this. I think I screwed up. I have an 07 AWD/X sedan. Not a rear drive so please keep that in mind. I put in Hotckis sways two weeks ago and loved it. For lowering I decided to go with springs (Eibach Pro's) instead of CO's (the only ones available are BC Racing). Rationale being I am in winter 6 months out of the year, I don't track, I don't want to adjust lowering each season. I figured springs are cheaper and more appropriate. And this is wear I think I really screwed up. If my OEM shocks weren't up to the task, I'd get the KYB GR2/Excels. But later because I believe my shocks are still good. But I've found some stuff on the internet that these might not be up to the task of being paired with a performance lower spring.

After the install of the springs I'm getting a bit of a bounce that wasn't there before. I think it's because of my shocks. But not sure. I have had a few opinions provided by members on the g35drive site from an alignment might improve things, time might improve things, and the damning one that I should have just got CO's and that OEM shocks and maybe even KYB's are not up to the task and there is just always going to be a subtle bounce with this setup. I know that if Koni sport yellows were available then we're talking about a shock that's up to the task.

I'm going to give this some time and get the alignment done but I'm pretty sure even just a little bit of bounce isn't going to cut it for a guy like me. I like good handling and I guess I'm sensitive too even the slightest poor handling/suspension. And I'm going to have the alignment tech check out my shocks and control arms.

I had some questions for you g37 people.

Are there any after market G37X shocks available that would fit my G35X besides the KYBs?

At this point would you cut your losses and get CO's? Or would you stick it through and just get some KYB's?

Got any suggestions on things I might try?

Are KYB's up to the task? Any G37 users reporting on their performance?

Is there a resident Infiniti guru at tirerack that frequents this site? I got all my stuff at tirerack and since they offer the springs and shocks (and suspension kits etc) maybe they have a guru who has seen this before and knows what the deal is. They guy I talk to and order from is great but he's not a G expert. I'm sure he'll refer me to one but wanted to ask you all as well.

Thanks!