Failed Akebono Install By Forum Member

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2012, 01:06 PM
JohnnysG
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Good luck, he should have done his research. Supposedly he does his own "detailing" on the side too.... lol #jokes

Good luck man
Old 05-19-2012, 01:28 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
This situation sucks, and I have the grim feeling you're going to get ****ed by Paypal in the end.

I would bet that committing some type of fraud with the whole transaction was the reason he asked to pay via paypal in the first place.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:04 PM
xSSv

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G37Sam
Thanks for your PM OP. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread
I appreciate that Sam.

Originally Posted by betterdayz
Wow seems like you tried to be a great seller(clean and wax)calipers and being helpful!! Some people you just cant help though, If he wont listen to reason. good luck with this man. oh and nice wheels!
Thanks man, had he called to ask a question or just paid for a hour of shop time with a real certified tech none of this would have happened.

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I have had a poor selling experience with this buyer as well a long time ago. I was silly enough to take a fellow forum member and G owner at his word and ship parts while he still owed me part of the payment. Needless to say I was an idiot for not listening to my inner voice that said that was a horrible idea. Trusting someone on the Internet to honor their word in a money transaction is about as smart as having unprotected sex with a $20 hooker - either way you are very likely to get burned. I did, he stil owes me $50.

Sorry you dealt with this scumbag too. Prepare to get screwed by his stupidity because he's too dumb to know how to install the part. Let me know if I can help with PayPal. I really doubt it will make any difference, but I've had a premier business account for a long time with them and I'll speak on your behalf and show them this clown has a history of trying to cheat people out of money or product. Maybe they'll tell him to take a hike. I doubt it though.

Good luck.
Jeremy that would be great Ill make sure to take you up on that offer, there are a few things im working on that may have them rule in my favor. I will keep you posted.

Originally Posted by Jsolo
I have one question, did the calipers come with the right hardware (banjo bolts, etc)? Now, any competent tech knows that if you can't get a bolt started into a threaded hole, especially one in a caliper, there must be a mismatch. Brake hardware usually threads in very smoothly and requires minimal effort until you actually torque it down.

That aside, i feel your pain, albeit on a smaller scale. Dealing with a buyer who bought one of the clutch pedal springs, then claims it doesn't fit his car. It too was an ebay listing where I listed the model years applicable, and included high res pictures of the pedal assembly (taken from my own car). Anyone with a full set of marbles up top would have at least peeked under their dash to see if what they had matched up [before ordering]....

Good luck!
You dont need banjo bolts for the front caliper. That picture is of the front caliper rear. The bolt sticking out in the picture is thicker than the OEM flexible rubber line that where included in this kit, unless you have SS front lines then you would have a banjo.

Originally Posted by POLLO
What an idiot. Sorry that you are going through this and hope the resolution rules in your favor, which it should.
I hope so man...

Originally Posted by JohnnysG
Good luck, he should have done his research. Supposedly he does his own "detailing" on the side too.... lol #jokes

Good luck man
Haha Thanks

Originally Posted by san~man
This situation sucks, and I have the grim feeling you're going to get ****ed by Paypal in the end.

I would bet that committing some type of fraud with the whole transaction was the reason he asked to pay via paypal in the first place.
Karma is a b*tch and she will come find you. He showed his intentions now its my turn.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:51 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
That sucks man! Sorry to hear you're going through this.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Ontario G37S

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts
Seems like a lot of this has been going on lately with Private sales.

I'm still getting cell texts from banned Blueout with a different number that my grille should arrive shortly. Of course nothing yet and really doubtful either.

Sorry you have to go through this as this time it looks like the seller is going to be burned this time around. Hope you have enough of a defence with Ebay to not let this member walk all over you.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:58 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
To all members: it is incumbent upon you to use good judgement when conducting private classified sales. There will be times when you do everything possible correctly and still get screwed. There is nothing to be done about that. However it seems that scumbags walk among us freely. That being said, everyone must take extra caution. If you get any indication whatsoever that a buyer is sketchy at all, don't sell to them. It's not worth the chance. Skip them and go to the next buyer. Learn from the mistakes of others. I seems like the motto should be "seller beware". Also keep in mind that the staff of the forum can do about it to help you recover your money so don't expect that.

Best of luck and use caution.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:20 PM
xSSv

Im sure by this point Ak47 is aware of this thread and the one of the g35nyc.com, I told him I was posting before hand. If he had any type of defense he would have posted by now. Even on the other forum almost everyone has had a negative experience with him.

He isnt too bright though, I guess he does know when you take pictures now a days it records your location based on the cell towers.

I have only done business with one other person in NJ & thats Tony from Carbon Fiber Elements. So I have 8 pics from that exact part of the country. 4 of which are from Tony the other are from this guy.

Name:  IMG_3366.png
Views: 56
Size:  444.0 KB

Name:  IMG_0780.png
Views: 58
Size:  904.0 KB

Name:  IMG_7183.png
Views: 59
Size:  440.0 KB

Name:  IMG_2421.png
Views: 56
Size:  164.0 KB

When you search for Douglas Infiniti.... Same location!

Name:  IMG_4370.png
Views: 58
Size:  288.0 KB
Old 05-19-2012, 10:45 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Wow, no words for this type of crap. It sounds like you were really going out of your way to help this guy out, only to get bit from behind. The worst part is that he knows how to use the system to give himself an upper hand and totally screw an honest seller.

It looks like those brakes are totally f'ed now. Such a shame, they looked great in that candy red.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:48 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What a c*ck sucking phag. He clearly doesn't have a single clue what he's doing. What the fack is he? A 16 year old that stole mommy's credit card to buy these?

Sounds like a great *** whooping is needed for this kid.

Don't give in to some little c*nt like this, OP. Show him how adults handle real business.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:56 PM
mturo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about this happening to you, but thanks for showing this photo thing never good to know for future events lol. hope everything turns out in your favor op
Old 05-19-2012, 11:47 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
What a c*ck sucking phag. He clearly doesn't have a single clue what he's doing. What the fack is he? A 16 year old that stole mommy's credit card to buy these?

Sounds like a great *** whooping is needed for this kid.

Don't give in to some little c*nt like this, OP. Show him how adults handle real business.
Omfg...so angry.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:05 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
hope things work out man....
Old 05-20-2012, 12:33 PM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
Haha ak47 named and shamed. Well done. Thanks for posting his location as well. I bet he saw this thread and cried. Not only is he stupid, he is also a scammer. I hope iWork's out in your favor op.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:04 PM
xSSv

Well this has taken a new turn. He submitted documentation from Douglas Infiniti stating that these Akebono Brakes arent made for the G37.

1. Purchased while on company time.
2. Shipped to his place of employment
3. Installed at his place of employment
4. Submitted Falsified documentation from his place of employment
5. Misrepresented himself on a public forum directly related to his place of employment

He is really that stupid or he thinks I am....

I would appreciate it if everyone one this forum who reads this and would contact his employer and express their displeasure with such a fraudulent transaction that took place their and they it directly reflects on the dealership. I have asked that the thread title be changed and it made into a sticky so that anytime it is googled searched this thread will come up.

Peter Liebman
Title: President
Phone: 908 522-7300 x116

Jon Liebman
Title: Executive Vice President
Phone: 908 522-7300 x107

I will update late with their email addresses.

Thanks Guys, hopefully with your help we can insure this guy never scams any other infiniti owner again.

Last edited by xSSv; 05-20-2012 at 06:18 PM. Reason: updated
Old 05-20-2012, 06:09 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd call the dealership and speak to the GM on Monday if I were you.

Quick Reply: Failed Akebono Install By Forum Member