Swift-R Springs Installed! PICS!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2012, 05:10 PM
Curvy G

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by kkokko
Hopefully we have a eibach convert to answer the questions below =)

1) How does the drop compare to eibach springs in terms of height when full settled? I believe it's less of a rake look and more balanced.

2) What about ride quality compared to eibach are they similar, more comfortable, stiffer?

3) Based on the drop most eibach doesn't seem like camber kits are that critical as the specs come close to stock alignment but what about swift?
I was on eibach before and didn't like them ride is to bumpy and thrown off. I went with swift and I love them. Just about same drop but very good handling and comfort is top notch wouldn't go wth any other springs.
Old 02-25-2012, 08:59 AM
daren_ipl
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
so with swift springs like on dagon68 ride, did he need spacers or anything. what about a camber kit? has anything changed because im leaning towards swift for my ipl, i just dont wanna have to do alot like installing camber kit. just wanna put the springs in and goo..lol not have to worry about tires being eaten away.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:26 AM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Curvy G
I was on eibach before and didn't like them ride is to bumpy and thrown off. I went with swift and I love them. Just about same drop but very good handling and comfort is top notch wouldn't go wth any other springs.
Thanks for posting your feedback, many people have asked me about this including DarenIPL!!! I would go Swift also if I was looking for a simple drop lol.
Old 02-25-2012, 10:58 AM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
What are guys looking for? Eibach vs Swift ! Are you looking for just looks or trying make the handel better? If you want make the car Handel better then I would go with the Eibach Pro Plus System. With front and rear camber kit and new struts and shocks! Then build a light wheel / tire setup.. 20inch wheels will make the feel like a boat! Unless you can find some that are like 22lbs. Also most of you don't do camber and you don't change out the sway bars! don't forget bigger wheels will increase body roll, so you would want to replace your stock bars. Also you may want to add body braces to the car to help with body roll. I would not just change springs and call it a day! Unless you just don't have the funds to do it right.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:52 AM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by Curvy G

It's not necessarily the spring. I wouldn't throw Eibach in front of the train.
It's the OEM dampers.
I had a long talk with a Koni engineer, what gives you the bumpy, pitchy ride is the "rebound" spring installed in the factory damper. It's meant to give you a sporty feel!!
It make the ride jarring when installing aftermarket springs.

New dampers like Konis will most likely stop Eibach owners from complaining, and make Swift owners ecstatic!! Due to the rebound adjustment available.

Old 02-25-2012, 12:11 PM
GTLAW
Banned

Received 35 Likes on 24 Posts
You don't think one of the worlds top springs, they just build a spring and through it out there? Eibach does tons of R/D into there springs for the car they are building for..

There is nothing wrong with the OEM strut. They are built by aftermarket company anyways. What most people do is they put 25k or more miles on there car and then want to change up springs.. Then they jumpe on here taking about a ****ti ride!

That's becaue you cant just put new springs on old shocks! You want to start fresh with new shocks and let the spring break in the shocks.

A shock with lets say 15k miles on them with stock springs will already broken in and use to that spring!! Changing the spring like that is shocking the shocks and that is why you get crappy ride!
Old 02-25-2012, 02:06 PM
TVPostSound
Registered Member

Received 114 Likes on 87 Posts
Originally Posted by GTLAW
You don't think one of the worlds top springs, they just build a spring and through it out there? Eibach does tons of R/D into there springs for the car they are building for..

There is nothing wrong with the OEM strut. They are built by aftermarket company anyways. What most people do is they put 25k or more miles on there car and then want to change up springs.. Then they jumpe on here taking about a ****ti ride!
I agree with you on the Eibachs, however OEM struts are a balance between cost, performance, and comfort. They were not designed for aftermarket springs.
Tokico OEMs the Infiniti struts, but they take the OEM design, and raise performance, and price. As in the Illumina, and D-Spec, which unfortunately are not available for the G37!! The HP is just slightly better than OEM.

As I mentioned above, the rebound spring internal to the OEM strut is what makes for an uncomfortable ride when paired with aftermarket springs.

Old 02-28-2012, 09:35 PM
scotty_g

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's why I want those new Koni's but i don't think they will ever make them for awd. O well, we will see how the JIC coils do after they come out for the x.
Old 03-03-2012, 10:52 PM
scotty_g

Looking good, will take pics before and after when I install them in the spring.
Old 03-03-2012, 11:34 PM
apexi350z

Originally Posted by TVPostSound
I agree with you on the Eibachs, however OEM struts are a balance between cost, performance, and comfort. They were not designed for aftermarket springs.
Tokico OEMs the Infiniti struts, but they take the OEM design, and raise performance, and price. As in the Illumina, and D-Spec, which unfortunately are not available for the G37!! The HP is just slightly better than OEM.

As I mentioned above, the rebound spring internal to the OEM strut is what makes for an uncomfortable ride when paired with aftermarket springs.

I have the Swift springs installed with factory shocks, but my car is new and has 2000 miles so far.. The ride is good and does not feel bumpy. I want to upgrade to Koni in the future, its just the price is pretty up there so far. Maybe there will be a group buy or discount in the future..
Old 03-08-2012, 11:29 AM
accohn12

mcbaes72-with the springs installed, have you got an alignment yet? Was it recommended to you that you get a camber kit?
Old 03-09-2012, 08:28 PM
InspiredMan

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
these have a nice drop on them! good choice!
Old 03-11-2012, 11:18 AM
Lee37xNJ
Registered Member

Hey mcbaes72-i think you will find they won't settle.swift says on their website the springs are pre conditioned or something like that so no need to wait for alignment.i've had mine on for about five weeks and they have not settled at all-still at 27"f+26 3/4"r with full tank-amazing! alignment was just outside of max specs f+r so i went with camber kits-wanted to get as close to nominal as i drive 20kmi a year and still rotate.curious to hear if anyone on these has experianced any significant settling.
Old 03-12-2012, 08:55 PM
Lee37xNJ
Registered Member

yeah i went with kits on front and rear.also installed the rear toe bolt kit.i also planned on waiting a couple weeks to get an alignment-kept checking the wheel well measurments and it never changed-no settling! thats when i found that info on their website.it's at the same height today as the day they were installed-well maybe they settled 1/16".
Old 03-12-2012, 09:04 PM
VossenG37S

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I have yet to see you post pics of the Limited Edition CV2s! Whats going on man? I thought you would have posted some sick shots by now to show off them 295s.

Quick Reply: Swift-R Springs Installed! PICS!