Brakes & Suspension Reviews on brakes & suspension for G vehicles.

Review StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2010, 01:00 PM
EnviedG35

Received 22 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Great review! I scribed to thread for future reference when my pads need to be replaced. It would have been nice to have a camera to show the blue rotors, but of course who would have thought about pics for a pad job... lol.

I thought about taking pictures....but the road i had to do this on, which was the only road i knew that i could do the bed in because its not heavily trafficed...the speed limit was only 60. Soooo I was keeping an eye out for the po po's since i was slamming on the brakes in the middle of the road and then flooring it again to get back up to speed lol. And like you mentioned....brake pad installation is pretty straight forward and we've all seen pictures of it done or done it ourselves so it just seemed silly to take pictures. People want to hear how the pads performed...not what they look like haha
Old 12-07-2010, 03:55 PM
4drScreamer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EnviedG35
I thought about taking pictures....but the road i had to do this on, which was the only road i knew that i could do the bed in because its not heavily trafficed...the speed limit was only 60. Soooo I was keeping an eye out for the po po's since i was slamming on the brakes in the middle of the road and then flooring it again to get back up to speed lol. And like you mentioned....brake pad installation is pretty straight forward and we've all seen pictures of it done or done it ourselves so it just seemed silly to take pictures. People want to hear how the pads performed...not what they look like haha
Enjoy! and long life on your pads!
Old 03-18-2011, 06:28 PM
RedG37SNC

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
After about 3 weeks with Hawk Ceramics I have to say I'm not impressed or happy either. The bite sucks period, almost like not having power brakes. They work well enough for daily driving but not near as well as OEM for bite. High speed driving can be a bit unnerving until you get use to the reduction in braking and need to press harder. They're even noisier then OEM which were noiseless to me. Brake dust reduction is the one saving grace that will make the next few years of torturing these bearable.
Old 03-18-2011, 07:46 PM
EnviedG35

Originally Posted by RedG37SNC
After about 3 weeks with Hawk Ceramics I have to say I'm not impressed or happy either. The bite sucks period, almost like not having power brakes. They work well enough for daily driving but not near as well as OEM for bite. High speed driving can be a bit unnerving until you get use to the reduction in braking and need to press harder. They're even noisier then OEM which were noiseless to me. Brake dust reduction is the one saving grace that will make the next few years of torturing these bearable.
That is pretty much to the "T" how i felt about them as well. I felt like i really had to lay into the brakes and even then they just felt like they were sliding on the rotor rather than biting down onto it.
The following users liked this post:
Jamsey Aimsey (02-19-2014)
Old 03-18-2011, 08:35 PM
Steveo47

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
i have the g37x so i have the non sport brakes, been considering buying the akebono bbk in the summer, or just upgrading the rotors and pads. Im not sure which model you have op, but can you let me know which you have (Non S or S) and how much better you would says they are for bite. 2x better, 4x better?
Old 03-18-2011, 10:18 PM
JuicyG37

yea i heard stoptechs were really good
Old 10-14-2011, 09:27 PM
stpolo

So it's almost been a year. How are the pads holding up, and do you still like the way they perform?
Old 10-14-2011, 09:41 PM
EnviedG35

Pads are holding up great. They are just as good as they were since day 1.....I would actually say they are better now that they are truly broken in. Initial bite is very reassuring. No fade. Seem to bite harder and harder the more you lay into the pedal. Truly ensures confidence that when i hit the brakes they will actually stop the car. I will never go with another set of Hawks again.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:45 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
I'll agree with EnviedG35 here, these pads are just plain great! They do dust more than OEM, but i'd rather have consistent, great performing pads.
Old 10-15-2011, 08:41 AM
EnviedG35

Originally Posted by soundmike
I'll agree with EnviedG35 here, these pads are just plain great! They do dust more than OEM, but i'd rather have consistent, great performing pads.
There is a little more dust with these. I do a lot of interstate driving and at times a little stab on the brakes here and there and i will notice drake dust on the side skirts. No big deal though it just wipes right off. I'l take a little more dust any day knowing that my brakes will be there when i need them, hot or cold, or wet.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:05 PM
nkG37S

great info & nice writeup! i'll def be giving these a shot in the near future.
Old 10-22-2011, 09:28 PM
EnviedG35

Originally Posted by nkG37S
great info & nice writeup! i'll def be giving these a shot in the near future.
Thanks. I have been so many different types of brake pads and its a very uneasy feeling when you shell out hard earned money and spend your time putting brake pads on only to be disappointed. I really liked the initial grab I had from the oem pads....for instance just a mild tap on the pedal and you can feel the pads bite...but once hot there was noticeable fade with them. With these Stoptech pads, the initial bite is exactly the same as oem, which for me is great. But the thing that sets these pads apart is that once they bite, they dont stop. My best analogy for these pads is they are like a boa constrictor grabbing its prey and squeezing tighter and tighter. The snake being the pads, and the prey being the rotors.....the pads will make the rotors there bitch...without chewing them up lol. If you need these pads to respond in an emergency situation, or just want to do some spirited driving, they will be there every step of the way.
Old 10-25-2011, 01:05 AM
kevshiau
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I have these pads too they work very well for me. I haven't bedded them in yet though.

I love that they don't squeak when i back up, it use to drive me nuts.
Old 10-25-2011, 07:15 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by EnviedG35
...But the thing that sets these pads apart is that once they bite, they dont stop.
I have half a mind to make fun of this statement.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM
JSolo
Just say no!!!!!

Received 588 Likes on 492 Posts
Any long term updates?

Quick Reply: Review StopTech Street Performance Brake Pads