Help Getting ready to order GT Spec parts from Ryan @ Forged...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 02:51 PM
JKashat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting ready to order GT Spec parts from Ryan @ Forged...

...and I am looking for people who have installed these for opinions.
My G is a 2009 7AT equipped with 4WAS and has MXP exhaust installed.

Ryan spoke to the guys at GT Spec and he/they are recommending:
1. GTS-SUS-1320 - Front Strut Brace
2. GTS-SUS-1348 - Front 4 Point Ladder Brace
3. GTS-SUS-1347 - Front 2 Point Sub Frame Reinforcement
4. GTS-SUS-1332 - Front Sub Frame Tie Brace

There is also available, if I want to do everything they offer to fit my G...
5. GTS-SUS-1350 - 6 Point Rear Sub Frame
6. GTS-SUS-1349 - Rear Lower Lateral Reinforcement Brace (M-Shape)
(May not work with MXP exhaust, don't know)
7. GTS-SUS-1346 - Fender Brace

There is also this, but it will NOT work with the 4WAS...
8. GTS-SUS-1087 - Rear Lower Tie Brace

Please tell me which GT Spec parts you installed, any aftermarket part clearance issues if any, and what parts I should/shouldn't consider.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:15 PM
jnguyen

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think all you need are strutbar. I have install a few of these parts. It does stiffen your car but it's not really that noticeable unless your tracking. I would save money on something else but if ya have the money then get it. I like mines just because I like to get everything for my G I guess lol. I want it to be a badass handling car
Old 07-30-2009, 03:42 PM
GeeeeOhhhh
Registered Member

i can't wait til you get tired of your gtspec stuff joe so i can have em

<- Sponsored by: JNguyen.
Old 07-30-2009, 04:41 PM
HamstersG

Given your other mods, I don't think $ is a problem. So go for all of them if you want it tight. I have all but the M-shaped brace and fender brace. I did not put M on because (1) it was not available when I got all of mine and they were not sure when it was going to be available and (2) will only fit exhaust that have exactly the same locations as stock so did not want to mess with it in case I change exhausts. I did not put on the Fender brace because I was too lazy and wanted to see if I really wanted it. I like how stiff mine is not. Do not want anymore and I am not going to track.

Originally Posted by JKashat
...and I am looking for people who have installed these for opinions.
My G is a 2009 7AT equipped with 4WAS and has MXP exhaust installed.

Ryan spoke to the guys at GT Spec and he/they are recommending:
1. GTS-SUS-1320 - Front Strut Brace
2. GTS-SUS-1348 - Front 4 Point Ladder Brace
3. GTS-SUS-1347 - Front 2 Point Sub Frame Reinforcement
4. GTS-SUS-1332 - Front Sub Frame Tie Brace

There is also available, if I want to do everything they offer to fit my G...
5. GTS-SUS-1350 - 6 Point Rear Sub Frame
6. GTS-SUS-1349 - Rear Lower Lateral Reinforcement Brace (M-Shape)
(May not work with MXP exhaust, don't know)
7. GTS-SUS-1346 - Fender Brace

There is also this, but it will NOT work with the 4WAS...
8. GTS-SUS-1087 - Rear Lower Tie Brace

Please tell me which GT Spec parts you installed, any aftermarket part clearance issues if any, and what parts I should/shouldn't consider.

Thanks,
Jeff.
Old 07-30-2009, 05:06 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
J do you track the G?
Old 07-30-2009, 05:57 PM
san~man

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts
Mark posted this a while ago, good reading:

Originally Posted by GTSPEC-MARK
1. Rear M Shape Brace + Rear 2 Point Tie Brace
This will be the first 2 brace to get. These two braces tie the lateral arm and control arm together. These two braces act almost like a sway bar. We have tested the same braces on 350Z and the most effective brace so far.

2. Rear 6 point subframe brace
Because it's a bit pricey, that's why I list this brace as #2. If budget allow, this brace is a great addition. The brace link the rear subframe to the chassis. It added three extra reinforcement points per side. It's a 5 piece kit thus a higher price than rest of the braces.

3. Fender Brace
Fender brace ties the front engine compartment to your mid chassis. Known to be used on many track car, it provided extra reinforcement for the front of your car.

4. Front subframe tie brace 2/4 point.
I list this lower than the rest mainly because the front subframe are already very stiff. These two braces reinforce the existing mounting points. It still provide added reinforcement but not as much advantage compare to the rest of the braces.

5. Front subframe left + right tie brace
This brace is the last on the list because it's a significantly smaller brace compare to the rest. However, it does added two extra reinforcement points to the front subframe, but compare to the rest of the braces that's available, this brace has less effect.

Everyone will ask "how much" more advantage do you have compare to stock. It's really hard to measure and give you an exact number. I believe there are no set standard on how to measure it.

You really have to try it and feel how much more these brace will help the total driving experience. We can guarantee that you will come back for more once you have tried them
Old 07-30-2009, 06:27 PM
JKashat

Originally Posted by G37Sam
J do you track the G?
No, I don't track it (it's a 7AT anyways). I just like a really tight ride and need to keep modifying or I'll lose interest in my cars, LOL.
Old 07-30-2009, 06:41 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
Originally Posted by JKashat
No, I don't track it (it's a 7AT anyways). I just like a really tight ride and need to keep modifying or I'll lose interest in my cars, LOL.
Then I suggest you keep modding J! Just go into a different route because honestly, I'm not sure the upgrade is worth it.. Look into the FI route because I can gurantee you, you'll never stop there haha lots of stages for you to keep modding

God Bless the Mod Bug
Old 07-30-2009, 07:08 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Ivoidwarranties installed them all from what I understand... you may consider PMing him.
Old 07-30-2009, 07:29 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
My ears were burning. I installed everything except the m brace and fender braces. I feel the fender braces are worthless and a big waste of time, effort, and money. The m brace has issues with some exhausts.

I've been driving Her car more and more and this thing is a slot car. I'm at the mercy of the tires (stock). I go into a corner thinking I'm going to push the limit and the tires start screaming before I'm even ready to push the gas. This car is rock solid!

I've installed everything and there are a few posts showing the installs (from both myself and Ham).

Any specific questions?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:33 PM
HamstersG

Same set-up for braces and agree on corners. I am running 245/275 and set off the slip light a lot more on the corners because you do not feel the "sway" in the corner.

Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties
My ears were burning. I installed everything except the m brace and fender braces. I feel the fender braces are worthless and a big waste of time, effort, and money. The m brace has issues with some exhausts.

I've been driving Her car more and more and this thing is a slot car. I'm at the mercy of the tires (stock). I go into a corner thinking I'm going to push the limit and the tires start screaming before I'm even ready to push the gas. This car is rock solid!

I've installed everything and there are a few posts showing the installs (from both myself and Ham).

Any specific questions?
Old 07-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Ivoidwarranties

Any specific questions?
Damn... You ears must have been burning. Lolz.
Old 07-31-2009, 01:48 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I have everything but the M brace . It wont fit over my aftermarket exhaust . I say put all of them on .. Makes your underbelly look better and actually works ..
Old 08-07-2009, 01:18 PM
JKashat

OK, so until I get my refund from SE I have opted to only order the Front Strut Brace but plan on ordering all others except for the Front Fender Braces. I'm still debating on the M Brace. I also just ordered the R2C Polished Intake.