What coilovers for the G37 Sedan will give the most COMFORTABLE ride?

Old 05-19-2009, 05:35 PM
StopTheExcuses

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
What coilovers for the G37 Sedan will give the most COMFORTABLE ride?

Just as the title states, I'm looking for a set of coilovers for my 09 G37S 6mt Sedan, but I don't want a nasty, jarring, stiff ride. I'm preferably looking for ride quality about like stock on the Sports model G37 (Somewhat stiff, but not bad on long drives).

I have ruled out lowering springs. I have used just about every brand in the past, and I don't like them compared to an actual coilover, plus, the stock shocks were not designed to be used with other springs in the first place.

What is the opinion on these three right here?? These seem to offer a comfortable ride, but I want real world opinions. Thanks!!

http://www.importdpsonline.com/kw_su...s/g-55306.aspx
http://www.importdpsonline.com/jic_m...s/g-56257.aspx
http://www.importdpsonline.com/tanab...c/g-52900.aspx

Last edited by StopTheExcuses; 05-19-2009 at 05:44 PM.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:40 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
If you can wait a day or 2 before purchasing I will probably have a full review of thew Tanabe Sustec PRO S-OC. Quick thought: very stock like ride but handles much better and is height adjustable.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:43 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by Black Betty
If you can wait a day or 2 before purchasing I will probably have a full review of thew Tanabe Sustec PRO S-OC. Quick thought: very stock like ride but handles much better and is height adjustable.
Hmmm, absolutely! So far it sounds like what I'm looking for! Please keep me updated. I want to "tastefully" mod this car, unlike cars of the past, I'm getting a little older, and have a "Project Car" on the side if I want a harsh ride all of the time.

The way I look at it is I bought a 40K Semi Luxury Sports Sedan, I don't want it riding like a honda civic!!
Old 05-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Kev@US-Autotech
Former Sponsor

Here is another one you might want to consider.
SMA Coilover....
Here is the review http://www.gencoupe.com/suspension/1...er-review.html
Old 05-20-2009, 04:13 PM
StopTheExcuses

Anybody?????????
Old 05-20-2009, 04:40 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
loving the ride on mine, and im dropped heavily, with rubber bands...im using tanabe sustec, same as BB up above..no noises, no ruff ride, better handling...its GREAT
Old 05-20-2009, 06:03 PM
TimG37S

If you looking for a close to stock ride, I wouldn't go with a full race coil over like KW.

I installed some BC Coilovers on my G about a month and a half ago and absolutely love them. They are reasonably priced and they make the G handle amazing. I went to the track a few weeks and holly chit they blew my mind.

I have put coilovers on almost every car i have had, and for the money i have never seen a setup that performs like this one. I am stoked on them!!

If you have any more questions about my setup PM me.

Good luck on your journey to find what your looking for bro.
Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by NJlakeshoreG
loving the ride on mine, and im dropped heavily, with rubber bands...im using tanabe sustec, same as BB up above..no noises, no ruff ride, better handling...its GREAT
How does it ride compared to stock? IE, not handling wise, but absorbing bumps/cruising on the highway?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:58 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by TimG37S
If you looking for a close to stock ride, I wouldn't go with a full race coil over like KW.

I installed some BC Coilovers on my G about a month and a half ago and absolutely love them. They are reasonably priced and they make the G handle amazing. I went to the track a few weeks and holly chit they blew my mind.

I have put coilovers on almost every car i have had, and for the money i have never seen a setup that performs like this one. I am stoked on them!!

If you have any more questions about my setup PM me.

Good luck on your journey to find what your looking for bro.
BC?? What brand is that? Any pictures?
Old 05-20-2009, 09:59 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by Paul@US-Autotech
Here is another one you might want to consider.
SMA Coilover....
Here is the review http://www.gencoupe.com/suspension/1...er-review.html
They are very well priced, which honestly worries me. How is the durability of these?? They seem new and it's hard to find much info on them.
Old 05-20-2009, 10:14 PM
SOLISIMO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by StopTheExcuses
They are very well priced, which honestly worries me. How is the durability of these?? They seem new and it's hard to find much info on them.
What should worry you are the ones that are charging twice that amount for the same product
Old 05-20-2009, 10:33 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
What should worry you are the ones that are charging twice that amount for the same product
Lol. Nice. Ehh, I'm ALL about a bargain, but most of the times in life you get what you pay for!
Old 05-20-2009, 10:36 PM
SOLISIMO

Lol. Nice. Ehh, I'm ALL about a bargain, but most of the times in life you get what you pay for!
Based on that saying is why companies get away with charging more. Please explain to me why a Target t-shirt cost $8.99 but an Affliction t-shirt with the same design costs $200, its bc people wear the shirt to say "hey look at me I can afford this"

Same concept with the coils
Old 05-20-2009, 10:48 PM
StopTheExcuses

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Based on that saying is why companies get away with charging more. Please explain to me why a Target t-shirt cost $8.99 but an Affliction t-shirt with the same design costs $200, its bc people wear the shirt to say "hey look at me I can afford this"

Same concept with the coils
Yeah, you have a valid point in using the clothing industry, I mean, how damn luxurious can cotton be?? But, being realistic, it's a little different in the car and car parts industry. When you're buying something for longevity, durability, craftsmanship, and want it to last, it needs to be made with durable, long lasting components, and all coilovers are NOT the same. Generally the premium brands use better components and are not assembled in sweat shops by women and children in some third world country. (I do NOT condone sweat shops, just using that as an example)

That's like saying the new Genesis coupe or or equivalent is just as good as your G but much cheaper! Do you believe that? All this banter aside, the SMA coils MIGHT be a solid choice, but the info is not out there for them yet.

Last edited by StopTheExcuses; 05-20-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Old 05-21-2009, 09:02 AM
SOLISIMO

Yeah, you have a valid point in using the clothing industry, I mean, how damn luxurious can cotton be?? But, being realistic, it's a little different in the car and car parts industry. When you're buying something for longevity, durability, craftsmanship, and want it to last, it needs to be made with durable, long lasting components, and all coilovers are NOT the same. Generally the premium brands use better components and are not assembled in sweat shops by women and children in some third world country. (I do NOT condone sweat shops, just using that as an example)

That's like saying the new Genesis coupe or or equivalent is just as good as your G but much cheaper! Do you believe that? All this banter aside, the SMA coils MIGHT be a solid choice, but the info is not out there for them yet.
Yeah SMA's I cant speak for but 2100 JICs will leak just as good as 800 megan coils etc....

Also its funny how all the "big name companies" have coils for the G37 $2100 but the same company makes coils for GTR for $4995 why is that bc they have more money

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What coilovers for the G37 Sedan will give the most COMFORTABLE ride?