People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 05:40 PM
letzdnce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ya dont like the rattle noise underneath i have the 08 g37..
Old 07-20-2010, 02:34 PM
g35xdriver

I recently installed the BC racing coils on my 07 G35x and I am having some rattle/squeaking issues too.

http://www.sfu.ca/~chm/squeaks.m4a

here is a sound clip of it... mite have to crank up your speakers. Is this the rattles you guys are hearing as well?
Old 10-28-2010, 10:53 PM
jarena2104

Originally Posted by g35xdriver
I recently installed the BC racing coils on my 07 G35x and I am having some rattle/squeaking issues too.

http://www.sfu.ca/~chm/squeaks.m4a

here is a sound clip of it... mite have to crank up your speakers. Is this the rattles you guys are hearing as well?

im with this guy, i just installed the bc coil overs this week and im baffled at all the settings... seems to be completely in and set up fine but now i got thsi squeaking sound when the car dips or bounces..... from the rear mostly, but im getting it up front as well the system is only 2 days old. so far im not happy
Old 10-29-2010, 01:29 AM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by jarena2104

im with this guy, i just installed the bc coil overs this week and im baffled at all the settings... seems to be completely in and set up fine but now i got thsi squeaking sound when the car dips or bounces..... from the rear mostly, but im getting it up front as well the system is only 2 days old. so far im not happy
Can someone just nail down what coil overs work out best? From torn stops to squeaking sounds to horrible ride to poor tracking. It's just frustrating!!! There probably isn't one best solution for everyone, but at least a general consensus would be helpful for different rides.

I'm considering coil overs for lowering, handling, and ride quality. BC's seems to be the preferred choice with others in the Forum. But after what Jarena has gone through, I'm taking a back seat and hopefully not rubbing...(lol) others the wrong way.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:41 AM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 4drScreamer
Can someone just nail down what coil overs work out best? From torn stops to squeaking sounds to horrible ride to poor tracking. It's just frustrating!!! There probably isn't one best solution for everyone, but at least a general consensus would be helpful for different rides.

I'm considering coil overs for lowering, handling, and ride quality. BC's seems to be the preferred choice with others in the Forum. But after what Jarena has gone through, I'm taking a back seat and hopefully not rubbing...(lol) others the wrong way.
I've had the BC's on my sedan for a little over 5k miles now and have experienced no squeaking, rattling or any other weird noises.
Old 10-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Just want to make sure we are all talking about the same thing. Cars tend to squeak and rattle once you stiffent the suspension. It is coming from your car or is it a rattle coming from the rear colis?

I have the very first set of BC's on a G37 and had them on for 2 years now and the only time I get any noise is when I set the dampning to the stiffest setting.
Old 10-29-2010, 12:05 PM
echosize

mine rattles too, it comes from the rear.
at first they sent me the wrong coil since it says 04+ and it was way too low even set at the highest and it has rattle,, after talking to pete, he sent me a spring spacer and a longer struck and the solution was sort solved since the highest it can go is barely 1 and a half finger gap, but rattles gone, after a month or so, the rattle came back!...
is there any solution yet?
Old 10-29-2010, 11:34 PM
platinumg35x

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
this whole tread just made me halt my decision on the BC coils......I hope somebody from BC chimes in.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:53 PM
jarena2104

i got the same problem on my sedan, squeeks like crazy in the front. used to squeek in the back but i stiffened up the rear then it went away, but now its to hard of a ride.
Old 10-30-2010, 11:56 PM
jarena2104

Originally Posted by 4drScreamer

my car is going into vinnyten racing monday morning first thing. if it cant get fixed im packing it in a box and throwing it through BC front window. i dont care what you put on your car, if you pay a 1000$ for a suspension it better be better than the stock one. im still going through this headache so i feel your pain my man,
Old 10-31-2010, 12:41 PM
4drScreamer

Originally Posted by platinumg35x
this whole tread just made me halt my decision on the BC coils......I hope somebody from BC chimes in.
my car is going into vinnyten racing monday morning first thing. if it cant get fixed im packing it in a box and throwing it through BC front window. i dont care what you put on your car, if you pay a 1000$ for a suspension it better be better than the stock one. im still going through this headache so i feel your pain my man,
Completely on hold with the coil over situation. Damn frustrating too. The car looks so much better lowered. I'm not just doing the springs route. Been there, done that before. Not a satisfactory ride improvement. Great for looks, but this baby's got to handle too.

I'm really surprised with all the reputable suspension companies out there that someone hasn't dialed in this situation. Maybe something new from the SEMA show will take care of it. If someone is attending, please let us know!
Old 10-31-2010, 01:20 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Just wondering, for those who has rattling in the rear, you have it installed correctly, right? Some of the earlier complaints of the rattling was because the spring mount was placed on the cup instead of at the top where it should be.
Old 11-20-2010, 01:41 PM
echosize

any updates? these rattling sounds are annoying, lol
Old 11-20-2010, 01:51 PM
Pete@BC

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey fellas,

I'm going to setup a video of how to install the rear spring and do the adjustment this week hopefully and put a link up. This will help clarify the setup is done correctly and if there is a issue afterwards then we can properly handle it from there. 99% of the time whether it was done at a shop, the issue will be the shock and spring were not setup properly. We get many calls from shops installing the coilovers asking how they are supposed to setup. This shows that not all shops are knowledgeable on how to do the install properly and this video should help everyone get past that point. If there are any questions, please contact our tech team at tech@bcracing-na.com

Thanks, Pete
Old 11-20-2010, 02:08 PM
cereal2k
Mr. Drop it like it's hot

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by Pete@BC
Hey fellas,

I'm going to setup a video of how to install the rear spring and do the adjustment this week hopefully and put a link up. This will help clarify the setup is done correctly and if there is a issue afterwards then we can properly handle it from there. 99% of the time whether it was done at a shop, the issue will be the shock and spring were not setup properly. We get many calls from shops installing the coilovers asking how they are supposed to setup. This shows that not all shops are knowledgeable on how to do the install properly and this video should help everyone get past that point. If there are any questions, please contact our tech team at tech@bcracing-na.com

Thanks, Pete
That's a good idea Pete. I hope the same will be done for G37 S convertible (hint hint) if and when you guys get a vehicle to test with and develop for

Quick Reply: People who have rattling issues with the BC Coilovers PLEASE POST IN HERE!!!!