Stillen swaybars installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:07 PM
Rican240sx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
running the stillen rear bar with the stock bushings is so wrong. It's rediculous that it was even sold like that.

Should measure the front and get new front bushings to.. just to have em all urethane.

I am glad we fixed that.. cuz that crap bugged the hell out of me.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:16 PM
IP37

Originally Posted by Rican240sx
running the stillen rear bar with the stock bushings is so wrong. It's rediculous that it was even sold like that.

Should measure the front and get new front bushings to.. just to have em all urethane.

well quit looking at my car.. the more stuff that bugs you = more $$ i have to spend. lmao

and just because pictures are cool..

woot

Last edited by IP37; 03-08-2008 at 09:18 PM.
Old 03-08-2008, 09:21 PM
Rican240sx

lol.

dont worry i am looking for some spacers for you right now

i just noticed that I am still in the G hiding from that damn dog.. LOL
Old 03-08-2008, 09:29 PM
IP37

lol.

dont worry i am looking for some spacers for you right now

i just noticed that I am still in the G hiding from that damn dog.. LOL
hahaha why were you scared of that little puppy
Old 03-09-2008, 10:32 AM
IP37

has anyone else put these damn swaybars on their car yet?

i talked to a guy on another forum who has them and he said his oem bushings fit fine..

either he's confused or I got a bullchit swaybar; trying to figure out which is the case.
Old 03-09-2008, 01:22 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

agree. its a cost cutting measure to keep more money in their pockets. i would wait for some other company to come out
Old 03-09-2008, 02:47 PM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

damn, makes me want to buy springs asap.
Old 03-09-2008, 05:12 PM
quart

Does anyone have the dimensions (diameter) of the Stillen sway bars? I also went to Autozone and the smallest diameter they sell for the Energy bushings is 22mm which is what I think IP37 said the rear was. The part number for the Energy suspension bushings is 9.5158r.....

My bars are scheduled to be delivered on Tuesday so I don't have them to measure. Does anyone know what diameter the front are? I recall reading some place that the rear bar is soild, thus smaller than stock, but the front was near the same as stock. Does anyone know if this is correct and if so what is the diameter of the front and if the mounting is such that you could use another set of the energy bushings upfront?
Old 03-09-2008, 07:45 PM
IP37

i used the 22mm bushings for the rear. used the oem front bushings

don't have a caliper here so i can't measure the front bar
Old 03-10-2008, 08:11 AM
lowrider

Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
Hey guys,

Hope you don't mind if I answer a few questions here.

The angle of the end links is not a problem at all. You will not experience any bind during the suspension travel.

The rear bar is thinner than the stock rear bar because we use a solid bar. Infiniti used a hollow bar. Had we made it the same thickness as the factory bar it would have been WAY too stiff and would have ruined the ride of the car.

On new vehicles we always re-use the factory bushings for a few reasons.

1) The bushings are brand new and in excellent condition, no need to replace them.

2) It helps keep cost down.

3) lack of available bushings. At this time there is no alternative for the G37.

Also, you are correct in the mounting location. You have them set to the stiffest setting right now. The closer to the bar you get, the stiffer your suspension will get.

It's hard to imagine that you guys are going through these extraordinary lengths to fit these bars to your vehicles when the kit is obliviously incomplete, and Stillen does nothing about it, and in fact states that the proper bushings are not available, when in fact they are. This is amazing.

Lou
Old 03-10-2008, 09:15 AM
quart

Originally Posted by lowrider
Stillen does nothing about it, and in fact states that the proper bushings are not available, when in fact they are. This is amazing.

Lou
This is a good point.... maybe that is why they lowered their price. If past experience is any indication, they will be coming out with a revised kit the day after I receive mine in the mail....(sarcasm) that is what happen with my intake, I bought the short and then they came out with the long kit the day after I got it installed, although I didn't buy it from Stillen direct, so I would hope if someone ordered the short in that scenerio they might have pointed that out.

I have used Stillen on all my Nissans over the years and like their quality and appreciate their customer support. While they are not the only game, nor the best game in town, I still think their products are good enough to use on my cars. For the simple fact that they were one of the first U.S companies to go to the trouble and get a G37 in their facility for R&D should tell you something.

As for the sway bars.... I haven't measured but I found a reference that says the front bars are 32mm. Energy makes a 32mm universal bushing as well. I will be ordering mine as soom as I can confirm the diameter since Autozone don't have this size in stock locally and you can find them online for less than the $22 autozone charges.
Old 03-10-2008, 01:59 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

so the parts are available just not being used? 22$ isn't bad. but that does suck if you bought a kit and then had to buy other parts not knowingly.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:16 PM
Carolina_g37

Originally Posted by IP37

woot
Either way, the car looks sick man~ Hope the sway issue gets resolved for yah~
Old 03-10-2008, 05:29 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey guys,

Please view my original post on this thread. There was some confusion during the assembly process and some people may have received the wrong bars.

We are in the process of contacting every customer that has purchased these bars and making sure that they either have the correct bar or will be getting them.

If you have purchased the sway bars through one of our distributor's I encourage you to contact that company and let them know what the situation is.

Thanks,

Kyle
Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 PM
IP37

Kyle, I haven't gotten a call or anything... how do we know which bars are the correct ones?

Quick Reply: Stillen swaybars installed