Body Interior Exterior Lighting

2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Headlight issue

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2019, 10:12 PM
Dkonez
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2008 Infiniti G37 Coupe Headlight issue

Recently, my headlight went out on the passenger side and through research I replaced a few parts to find out what the issue could be.
Keep in mind that the fog and blinker lights still work on the right headlight.

The first item I replaced on the right headlight was the Bulb, this did not seem to work.
The second item I replaced on the right headlight was the HID Ballast Control Unit Module. The headlight would still not turn on.

The third time I decided to see if this part in the bottom was causing the headlight to not work.

So i decided to plug this in the left headlight cord, photo shown:

When i turned the headlights on, the right headlight worked so clearly the passenger headlight assembly was fully functional.

Then i tested the left headlight plug shown below:

On to the passenger headlight plug:

THE HEADLIGHT DID NOT WORK! The fog and blinker does work however!

My guess is this plug shown above is what seems to be the issue to not turn on my right assembly headlight.

The problem is I don't know how to move forward. I don't know what this item or part is called and I don't know how I would need to describe this to the dealer or mechanic to get it fixed.
I need some help on moving forward with this problem.

Last edited by Dkonez; 10-21-2019 at 10:40 PM.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:25 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Check the FSM.

Index of /FSM/G37/Coupe/2008
Old 10-23-2019, 04:49 AM
UCLAG37
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts
Dkonze,

I hate to ask the obvious but did you check the fuses and relay before you undertook this endeavor? I have not checked in our cars but some cars I've worked on had independent fuses for each lowbeam headlight as well as each highbeam. It just seems odd that the part you have identified is faulty. You may want to multimeter or powerprobe test the part before concluding it has gone bad but I would check fuses and relay if you haven't done so.

UCLAg37
Old 10-26-2019, 07:10 PM
Dkonez
Registered Member

Originally Posted by UCLAG37
Dkonze,

I hate to ask the obvious but did you check the fuses and relay before you undertook this endeavor? I have not checked in our cars but some cars I've worked on had independent fuses for each lowbeam headlight as well as each highbeam. It just seems odd that the part you have identified is faulty. You may want to multimeter or powerprobe test the part before concluding it has gone bad but I would check fuses and relay if you haven't done so.

UCLAg37
No I did not, and even my wife said to check the fuses lol. Ofc, I never checked fuses on cars before so I was just naive to check this one. Now that I decided to look at diagrams and how fuses and relays work I checked the fuses and sure enough the H/Lamp Low Right was actually blown. I replaced it and now the headlight is working. This is why i decided to join the forums to learn about what to do if my car has issues.

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 10-26-2019, 07:11 PM
Dkonez
Registered Member

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Thanks for the service manual PDFs!
The following users liked this post:
jpowersjr2 (10-26-2019)