Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Help Housing dust covers

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2017, 09:32 PM
CømplexMuch

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Housing dust covers

I think that is what they are? But the round plastic **** like thing that covers the head lights... Where can I buy replacements or something that will work as a replacement? I got caught up in a heavy rain today and One of my bulbs went out and my housing is full of moisture. The cover must have been loose because it was there when I purchased the car but not there now 😩
Old 11-01-2017, 12:24 AM
hurleyguys

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts
well i did a little search and it seems like the cover only comes with the whole headlamp assembly. i think your best bet would be to go to a junk yard and pick one up from them. or maybe a part out in the for sale section. but good luck
Old 11-01-2017, 04:33 AM
CømplexMuch

Any chance this may fit? I do not know the size of that circular opening since I have not had much time to take things apart and get a better look...

>
Amazon Amazon
<
Old 11-03-2017, 01:52 AM
CømplexMuch

Anyone know if I can use the covers from a G35? There are 3 of them at local salvage pick and pull... Next option is travel an hour to see 2 G37 in a city north of me at their salvage pick and pull...
Old 11-03-2017, 01:12 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I haven't removed mine in a while, is there a rubber gasket/seal in the housing that may be loose or dirty? Also, are you sure it's the cover and not the entire housing itself?
Old 11-03-2017, 01:18 PM
CømplexMuch

Originally Posted by NealP
I haven't removed mine in a while, is there a rubber gasket/seal in the housing that may be loose or dirty? Also, are you sure it's the cover and not the entire housing itself?

It was on upon purchase, I remember seeing it when I was looking the vehicle over, being that the inner fender liner was missing I had direct view of it. I washed the car multiple times also and no moisture, but I was driving home in heavy rain when the bulb went out so when I checked, the cap was then missing.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:57 PM
CømplexMuch

Close this thread please, I found one ��������