Body Interior Exterior Lighting Reviews on body interior exterior lighting for G vehicles.

Review Z-Style Front Grill from Outcast Garage

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 02:49 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Z-Style Front Grill from Outcast Garage

I didn't like the look I was getting from painting the OEM grill and saw this Z-Style grill and loved the look of it. Now there is ZERO badging on the outside of my car save for the center caps. Adds a 'mysterious' feel to it, lol... I bought this at a discount through CarSponsors and Outcast Garage was on point with emails and tracking information. Large box, looked to be packed well. There was no damage during shipping. A few places needed some sanding, but after that I scuffed it and laid paint.

I couldn't get my clear to act right, however, so let my father-in-law spray the clear at his body shop. The fit is good, there are no funny gaps. It came with a few bolts at the attachment points, but they were not compatible with the OEM nuts as they were too small. I ended up just zip tying it all the mounting points and haven't had any trouble from it. I love the look of this thing!

As always, please excuse the dirtyness of my vehicle...
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (10-27-2017)
Old 10-26-2017, 07:18 PM
Flannigan
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Glad it fit, but it looks super weird to me that there are two grilles on the front end with different style mesh now. I think if the mesh on the new grill was thicker it would look way better. That said, if you like it that's all that matters!
Old 10-26-2017, 11:16 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
All aftermarket grills come with that awful, wire mesh. Do yourself a favor and swap out the mesh with this stuff, nearly matches OEM lower grille and is much less see-thru due to the added thickness

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-X-47-UNI...ZZuvRL&vxp=mtr

The following users liked this post:
corey.grizzle (10-27-2017)
Old 10-27-2017, 09:52 AM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

I agree with both of you, and already on it! Just waiting till I get some time. Super busy lately. Renovating the front of the house, have to finish my detached office by the end of the year so I can right it off on taxes. Kids' playground. Building a solid front axle 2000 Z71 Tahoe. Not to mention a newborn, 3 year old, and a 5 year old....

Here's a pic of the mesh I got. I like it, feels thick and sturdy. Planning on doing the lower grill with it as well.

Old 10-27-2017, 10:04 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice job on the write-up Corey, look forward to seeing the new mesh installed, and now you need a beefy CAI behind that grill
Old 10-27-2017, 10:29 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
i dont like the openess of it. the emblem helps make it look better
Old 10-27-2017, 11:26 PM
corey.grizzle
Registered Member

@blnewt- Been emailing back and forth with Z1 the past couple of days getting a plan up. You can expect to see a Z1 CAI with the racing filters probably within the next year. I'm currently "liquidating" a couple of firearms towards buying the full tuning software package.

@saywat?- I want to put Danzig's emblem on it but can't find one of good quality yet. I'll probably end up getting one custom cut on a burn table. I think that would look pretty mean in front of two massive CAI inverted cone filters.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:04 PM
DeanMachine
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Do you happen to have a before/after series of pics? I'm currently in the process of trading between getting mine painted gloss or satin black or buying an aftermarket one like yours.
Old 04-19-2018, 05:11 AM
Rikter

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Hope the new mesh stops the visual of seeing your rad/rad support. The stock mesh with that grille was the reason I couldn't be bothered with it. Made the car look like it was under repairs.
Old 04-19-2018, 12:55 PM
IMfam0us
Registered Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by STownSaint
All aftermarket grills come with that awful, wire mesh. Do yourself a favor and swap out the mesh with this stuff, nearly matches OEM lower grille and is much less see-thru due to the added thickness

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-X-47-UNI...ZZuvRL&vxp=mtr

Thanks for the link, need to grab that for my grille lol Did you order your grille off ebay too?