Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

G37x coupe headlight help

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 11:38 PM
leo.u

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37x coupe headlight help

New to this forum and i hope im putting this up in the right thread so here goes. I recently picked up a G37x coupe and the right side passenger headlight is not working. i checked the back and the connectors were cut off both the headlight and the harness, both male and female connectors. Is there anyone who would have a picture of what the connector looks like and what pins go to what color wire? Need help with this cant drive with one headlight working. And also the left driver side the wire colors are different i checked.
Old 07-08-2017, 06:28 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by leo.u
I recently picked up a G37x coupe and the right side passenger headlight is not working. i checked the back and the connectors were cut off both the headlight and the harness, both male and female connectors.

hope you got it cheap ... private sale, or a dealer? who the F does that?!?
Old 07-08-2017, 08:41 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
New to this forum and i hope im putting this up in the right thread so here goes. I recently picked up a G37x coupe and the right side passenger headlight is not working. i checked the back and the connectors were cut off both the headlight and the harness, both male and female connectors. Is there anyone who would have a picture of what the connector looks like and what pins go to what color wire? Need help with this cant drive with one headlight working. And also the left driver side the wire colors are different i checked.
Refer to the FSM

FSM list for your G - Nissan Forum | Nissan Forums

Telcoman
Old 07-08-2017, 09:00 AM
leo.u

yea, private sale. I have no idea why people do some things they do. I called the dealer for a pigtail and connector, he said they dont sell those. The wire harness for the engine bay was around $2200....
Old 07-08-2017, 09:08 AM
leo.u

Originally Posted by telcoman
Thanks, i downloaded the whole pdf manual for my car but cant find anything on the wire color pinout for the connector.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:46 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
yea, private sale. I have no idea why people do some things they do. I called the dealer for a pigtail and connector, he said they dont sell those. The wire harness for the engine bay was around $2200....
Junkyards!

Telcoman
Old 07-19-2017, 04:36 PM
BoodG
Registered Member

I've found that a lot of junk yards don't keep wiring... I have just spent a couple months looking for the pigtail for the ambient air temp sensor, and finally found a smart girl at O'reillys who found a pigtail that matched the prongs, but not filling up the whole housing... Car-Part.com--Used Auto Parts Market is a good resource, LKQ networks are NOT, as they strip cars of all the wiring and do not inventory it for parts at all!
Old 07-28-2017, 08:27 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
So the igniter is missing right
Old 08-02-2017, 02:21 AM
leo.u

late reply, but i found the wiring color codes on the FSM list.