Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Sedan JDM Back-up Lamp

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2017, 08:40 PM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Sedan JDM Back-up Lamp

Many have noted that the JDM tail lights have a slightly different red tint to them compared to the USDM ones. For those of us that get the JDM tails you will notice this slightly clashes with your trunk mounted back-up light lens. It bothered me some; mainly only after I got my car cleaned or every time someone here on the forums mentioned the difference... and it is a valid point.

If you are not lucky enough to land a pair when you get your JDM tails, however, you are not out of luck. I did some reverse engineering of the USDM part numbers and JDM part number for the tails and found the JDM part number for the back-up lights. Ordered me a pair and BAM! Perfect color match. Said part numbers are:

26545-JK00C
26540-JK00C

It should be noted that there are also a JK00A and JK00B variant but they have been superseded to the JK00C. No clue if there is any diffrance, but worth noting here. There are also European versions of the tails, which I imagine are the same color tint as the JDM, but find and buy them at your own risk.

You should be able to get your local dealership to order these but they might come with a mark-up and could take forever. I sourced two online places:

PartSouq

and

MOTORS HEAD JAPAN

At the time of writing this Motors Head Japan had the best price at $105.63 for the pair shipped via the cheapest method. However they were out of stock of the left side and did not have an ETA on it. That said I went with Partsouq which cost me $132.82 shipped DHL. It got here in 3 days. They are OEM parts in OEM boxes with OEM packaging.

Thought I would post up this info for those of you that 1) know of this issue and have held back on the JDM tails because of it, 2) were not lucky enough to get the back-up lights in the deal with their tails, and 3) have JDM tails and would like to get matching back-up lights.
Old 05-21-2017, 04:21 AM
beezy619

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Can you post pics of the differences? I just ordered JDM tails and never knew of this issue.
Old 05-21-2017, 09:42 AM
RTom919

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hi Zer, thanks for the info. I actually found it helpful. I want to try and install this back-up lamp myself; do you know of anyone/anywhere where a DIY is posted? Looks simple enough but you never know - proper placement of the rubber edging has me the most concerned.
Old 05-22-2017, 10:21 AM
zer099
Premier Member

Received 91 Likes on 63 Posts
Originally Posted by beezy619
Can you post pics of the differences? I just ordered JDM tails and never knew of this issue.
I tried taking a few pics but couldn't catch it at the right angles. Then looked for a few pics on the forums but didn't find any good ones. It's very subtle, but its there. The JDM ones are a bit darker.

Originally Posted by RTom919
Hi Zer, thanks for the info. I actually found it helpful. I want to try and install this back-up lamp myself; do you know of anyone/anywhere where a DIY is posted? Looks simple enough but you never know - proper placement of the rubber edging has me the most concerned.
I though about it when doing mine but was lazy, apologies. However its not that hard, and they use a thee stud mount so it self-aligned when you put it in. Just be sure to clean off the old adhesive well and clean the surface before installing the new light. It honesty took me like 20 minutes to do both sides and that's just because i could find my rubbing alcohol.