Body Interior Exterior Lighting

power window fuse

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:02 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 102 Likes on 90 Posts
power window fuse

Passenger window stopped working completely. The switch on the drivers door and the switch on the passenger door didn't do a thing and the passenger door lock button didn't work either. So i go under the hood to check the fuses and it's only one fuse for both windows. It's not blown as far as I can tell so i'm thinking one of the door switches went bad. Put the fuse back in and now the window is working again....thank the lord up above. Could just imagine if I went to the dealer how they would have tried charging me a arm and a leg for something so simple. Does anyone know what could have happened? Should i buy a new fuse to be on the safe side? And where do i find this part on-line, cause I couldn't? Thanks in advance
Old 02-23-2017, 01:36 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
definitely not a fuse issue. if you had a blown fuse, the component you were using would not work if you pulled the fuse and reinstalled it. sounds like you may have a door control module issue. hopefully its just a minor glitch that and is now resolved when you pulled and reinserted the fuse.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:09 PM
SpeedBallDEVIL
Registered Member

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
I have the same issue. My passenger window chooses when it decides to work. When it fails, the passenger window/door lock switch fail to function. I can get them to work again by either waiting, slamming the door sometimes works, or by disconnecting the pass switch and plugging it back in again.

Still trying to figure out the root cause, I tried replacing the passenger window switch entirely with no luck.
Old 02-24-2017, 03:47 AM
mummy2
Registered Member

I guess you can try what i did with the fuse and see if that hopefully works. Couldn't hurt. And before i put up my post i searched and other people were saying that it turned out to be the drivers window control switch that was bad. It had something to do with the lockout button for the passenger windows on the panel going bad.
Old 01-01-2019, 11:29 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Just an update. The problem with the passenger window would come and go every so often. I just grabbed a fuse from the junkyard and put it in and i haven't had the problem since. Just because a fuse isn't blown doesn't mean it's not bad

Last edited by mummy2; 09-07-2019 at 03:42 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 03:26 PM
infiniti12coupw

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same issue

Originally Posted by mummy2
Just an update. The problem with the passenger window would come and go every so often. I just grabbed one from the junkyard and put in and i haven't had the problem since. Just because a fuse isn't blown doesn't mean it's not bad
Hi

I am having the same issue with my 2012 g37x coupe passenger door not having power to the power locks or windows and the switch not lighting up. The power windows/ locks won’t work from either the driver door or the passenger door. The driver window and lock are fine.
Where do you find the fuse for the window? I know there’s a fuse box next to the battery and also next to to steering wheel.
also do you know the part number for the switch you replaced since that might be it by the sound of things

thanks!
Old 09-07-2019, 03:51 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Next to the battery. I couldn't find a part number and there's not one on the fuse. Try taking it out for a minute or 2 and putting it back it. That's how I accidentally discovered it was a fuse issue, in my case at least. If you need a new one either a junk yard or dealership I guess. When I tried looking online I couldn't find it for sale anywhere.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:29 PM
infiniti12coupw

Next to the battery. I couldn't find a part number and there's not one on the fuse. Try taking it out for a minute or 2 and putting it back it. That's how I accidentally discovered it was a fuse issue, in my case at least. If you need a new one either a junk yard or dealership I guess. When I tried looking online I couldn't find it for sale anywhere.

Ok thanks a lot. Yea the fuses aren’t labeled well at all and they have a few places. Do you know how amps? I would assume 15 since due to the picture you posted. Also how much long after till you replaced the switch ?
Old 09-07-2019, 04:35 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Don't know the amps. It's a unique looking fuse anyway that your're not gonna find over the counter. I never replaced the switch. I just got another fuse from the junkyard. I edited my post to make that clearer.
Old 09-09-2019, 10:12 PM
infiniti12coupw

Don't know the amps. It's a unique looking fuse anyway that your're not gonna find over the counter. I never replaced the switch. I just got another fuse from the junkyard. I edited my post to make that clearer.
So I took out the fuse for a few minutes. There are three fuses in this blue “box” in the fuse box next to the battery in the engine compartment. None of the fuses were blown as far as I could tell. When I took the fuse out none of the power locks or windows worked from the switch or my key. Also the moon roof did not work now. I replaced the fuse and turned on the battery and my power lock on my passenger door was now working but the passenger window was still not. I let it sit a few minutes and turned the car on and everything was working. My assumption is that the connection from the fuse had something blocking it and moving it cleared it away. I’m gonna buy another fuse to be safe but that looks like the issue.

Thanks mummy!!
Old 09-09-2019, 10:43 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

No problem. Just think of all the people that wasted their hard earned money on replacing the switch when this could've solved their problem. If you buy another fuse from the dealership let us know how much it cost. Just curious.
Old 09-10-2019, 08:17 PM
infiniti12coupw

No problem. Just think of all the people that wasted their hard earned money on replacing the switch when this could've solved their problem. If you buy another fuse from the dealership let us know how much it cost. Just curious.
I was able to get fuse from my friend who is a manager at a Nissan dealership. It was a spare so he just gave it to me and he was not sure how much it cost. My assumption is they are not that expensive since it was just laying around.
Old 10-08-2019, 02:11 PM
Jestered
Premier Member

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
Hi all. I was able to track down the blue combo fusible link. Here's the Nissan/Infiniti part #: 24370-C992B

You can actually get them on Amazon. I just ordered one myself.

GENUINE NEW OEM Nissan 24370C992B 50/30/40 Amp Fusible Link Maxima, Altima, etc. GENUINE NEW OEM Nissan 24370C992B 50/30/40 Amp Fusible Link Maxima, Altima, etc.

I know a few people mentioned they could not find it online, and it took me a while to track it down as well, so thought I'd post with the info.

Last edited by Jestered; 10-14-2019 at 11:05 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by Jestered:
Baadnewsburr (10-08-2019), mummy2 (10-08-2019), NurseNutt (03-10-2021)
Old 12-02-2019, 05:36 PM
Roxehna

Originally Posted by Jestered
Hi all. I was able to track down the blue combo fusible link. Here's the Nissan/Infiniti part #: 24370-C992B

You can actually get them on Amazon. I just ordered one myself.

GENUINE NEW OEM Nissan 24370C992B 50/30/40 Amp Fusible Link Maxima, Altima, etc.

I know a few people mentioned they could not find it online, and it took me a while to track it down as well, so thought I'd post with the info.
would that work on a g37 sport coupe infinity 2008?! One of my windows stoped working completly, stuck down. And my other window rolls down on its own everytime I open the door but I’m able to roll it back up. Could it be the fuse?

Old 12-02-2019, 05:50 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

At less than $15 it couldn't hurt to try.

Quick Reply: power window fuse