Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting
View Poll Results: Should turning on the headlights MANUALLY also activate the night mode display?
Yes - I accept that my G's limited because it has selective night blindness!
0%
No - This is a dumb, unsafe, and counterintuitive feature that needs a TSB fix!
0%
Indifferent - I always use max brightness and enjoy being blinded at night by the display lighting!
0%
Wait a sec - My G doesn't have a comfort setting option to control this!?
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Auto / Manual Headlights City Lights Annoyance

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Scoe11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Auto / Manual Headlights City Lights Annoyance

Hi.

I can appreciate the auto headlight function and how it also syncs with the instrument and nav. display to switch between night and day brightness settings - which I have set differently for each.

Why then, when the headlights are activated manually does it switch the display brightness automatically? Obviously the reason to activate the headlights manually, from AUTO, would be during the daytime. So why can't the switch turn on the headlights solely without changing the display brightness to night mode which is too dim during the day? Same thing with the city lights. Who in their right mind is going to use the city lights solely at night time? I should have to use the manual headlights or city lights mode and have to change the nav and instrument panel brightness higher during the day.

This is a huge annoyance / bug since I prefer using the city lights during the daytime but keep the AUTO setting by default so when it's dark the headlights go on automatically and the instrument nav brightness dims as well.

Is there a way to trick the car so that you can manually turn the headlights an city lights on without have the display change to night mode when it's daytime?

Having gone through all the settings, I can't seem to find a way to do this.

Is Infiniti the only manufacturer that has this bug?
Old 09-05-2013, 01:05 PM
silver g37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Not sure if this helps but under the nav screen you can push a button to switch the screen between auto, day, and night brightness.
Old 09-12-2013, 11:51 AM
Scoe11

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by silver g37
Not sure if this helps but under the nav screen you can push a button to switch the screen between auto, day, and night brightness.
Went through everything. Does nothing for the instrument display.