Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

rear turn signal conversion to LED rings

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 12:56 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Just had mine installed, took a lot of trial and error but worth it, really happy with the outcome!
Old 07-28-2014, 12:06 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Exclamation

Check out my video, looks awesome!

The following 2 users liked this post by Goonz:
buGfresh (07-28-2014), twin_snails (07-28-2014)
Old 08-01-2014, 11:14 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
So today when I was showing my neighbor the projector reverse light, he notice that when I push on the break the light was not working on the left side but right side was working. I have install the rear light conversion kit and for the past 2-3 weeks everything was working until now, I brought it to the garage and the mechanic son who mostly work on electrical, he changed the bulb and said that it may be the conversion kit. can anyone help don't want to police after me lol.

tks
Old 08-01-2014, 11:53 PM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
Originally Posted by flipmode007
So today when I was showing my neighbor the projector reverse light, he notice that when I push on the break the light was not working on the left side but right side was working. I have install the rear light conversion kit and for the past 2-3 weeks everything was working until now, I brought it to the garage and the mechanic son who mostly work on electrical, he changed the bulb and said that it may be the conversion kit. can anyone help don't want to police after me lol.

tks
infiniti light not working - YouTube
I had a similar problem...I was the "Police"!

Let Andy know...he'll probably ship you out a new one and all you need to do return the defective one back.
Old 08-02-2014, 12:01 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by dragion
I had a similar problem...I was the "Police"!

Infiniti G37xS LED Ring Turn Signals Conversion/Alternate w/Brakes - YouTube

Let Andy know...he'll probably ship you out a new one and all you need to do return the defective one back.
lmao tks, I will and I would of love to have my light like that haha,
I wanted to know, if you look at my previous video on page 12, if any of these happen to you?

Last edited by flipmode007; 08-02-2014 at 12:07 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:14 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
workin'...

lmao tks, I will and I would of love to have my light like that haha,
I wanted to know, if you look at my previous video on page 12, if any of these happen to you?
I have not experience any of issues you have.
I'm wondering if it is due to the original center turn signal light being connected causing some sort of malfunction.
I don't think Andy designed it to be that way.

The second replacement unit works exactly like it should and I have not had any issues with it..."knock on wood"!

Love this mod!
The following 2 users liked this post by dragion:
buGfresh (08-02-2014), flipmode007 (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014, 08:11 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Thats what I was thinking too but wouldn't both side failed too? or both side not working properly? I will go and remove it and see.

the only wire I connected was the blue one that was suppose to be left alone but I went out and disconnected all of blue and purple and its still doing the same thing but at the same time I think I may not have the problem I was having at night with the DTR light

Last edited by flipmode007; 08-02-2014 at 09:05 AM.
Old 08-02-2014, 08:18 PM
buGfresh

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
Thats what I was thinking too but wouldn't both side failed too? or both side not working properly? I will go and remove it and see.

the only wire I connected was the blue one that was suppose to be left alone but I went out and disconnected all of blue and purple and its still doing the same thing but at the same time I think I may not have the problem I was having at night with the DTR light

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4eX-z8WUg8
Have you tried soldering the connections yet? With the issue your having it seems you have a bad connection at the brake power in (teal to white wire)
Old 08-03-2014, 02:35 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

09 g37xs Coupe wiring colors.

Driver Side is

Blue = Turn Signal
Teal or green = Break Light

Yes I did but I didn't solder them just in case , in the first video, I disconnected the unit and re-wire all back to the original setting and break like work.

The second video the white wire is connected to the teal as stated in your last email, as you can see my friend had problem starting the car he didn't know how to use the push button so after figuring out how it work and verifying that everything is connected the brake light didn't work

the third video, he definitely didn't tknow how to start it we tried to change the wired just in case so red is connected to the teal and the white to the other teal. left signal work and break light is not working on the left side, so we decided to leave the left side with the regular setting, didn't want to police to pull me over every minute

Old 08-03-2014, 11:25 AM
buGfresh

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
09 g37xs Coupe wiring colors.

Driver Side is

Blue = Turn Signal
Teal or green = Break Light

Yes I did but I didn't solder them just in case , in the first video, I disconnected the unit and re-wire all back to the original setting and break like work.

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LjutTfYaM0

The second video the white wire is connected to the teal as stated in your last email, as you can see my friend had problem starting the car he didn't know how to use the push button so after figuring out how it work and verifying that everything is connected the brake light didn't work

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I2rFktUtWcc

the third video, he definitely didn't tknow how to start it we tried to change the wired just in case so red is connected to the teal and the white to the other teal. left signal work and break light is not working on the left side, so we decided to leave the left side with the regular setting, didn't want to police to pull me over every minute

Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PD5Wq6ru0ms
Video number 2 is wired incorrectly. 3 is right. Email me and I'll work on getting a replacement to you.
Old 08-03-2014, 10:51 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Oh I know it was wired incorrectly, I just wanted to show you what happen and I was wondering do you think it may be because of the heat that is produce in the box that somehow some component are expending inside not that I know whats inside lol and can you drill some hole for vents something for the future, throwing some ideas out there.
Old 08-12-2014, 10:47 AM
RMusiq
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone got the wiring scheme for a 2011 x coupe? Thanks!

EDIT: So I went ahead and wired the setup anyways. For the 2011 G37 Coupe, here is what I found works (confirmed with voltmeter, and my lights work perfectly after numerous tests):

Driver's side:
1) Cut the Green Wire
2) Cut the Light Teal Wire
3) Red wire from Andy's device spliced to green wire going into the connector/tail light
4) White wire from Andy's device spliced to green wire coming from vehicle harness
5) Black wire from Andy's device spliced to light teal wire coming from vehicle harness

Passenger's side:
1) Cut the Purple Wire
3) Red wire from Andy's device spliced to light teal wire going into the connector/tail light
4) White wire from Andy's device spliced to light teal wire coming from vehicle harness
5) Black wire from Andy's device spliced to purple wire coming from vehicle harness

I have images, but I don't see an "Attach" button. If someone could kindly show me how to upload pics in this response, I'll gladly upload them. Thanks!

Last edited by RMusiq; 08-12-2014 at 05:51 PM. Reason: update
The following users liked this post:
buGfresh (08-12-2014)
Old 08-13-2014, 12:49 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by RMusiq
Anyone got the wiring scheme for a 2011 x coupe? Thanks!

EDIT: So I went ahead and wired the setup anyways. For the 2011 G37 Coupe, here is what I found works (confirmed with voltmeter, and my lights work perfectly after numerous tests):

Driver's side:
1) Cut the Green Wire
3) Red wire from Andy's device spliced to green wire going into the connector/tail light
4) White wire from Andy's device spliced to green wire coming from vehicle harness
5) Black wire from Andy's device spliced to light teal wire coming from vehicle harness

Passenger's side:
1) Cut the Purple Wire
3) Red wire from Andy's device spliced to light teal wire going into the connector/tail light
4) White wire from Andy's device spliced to light teal wire coming from vehicle harness
5) Black wire from Andy's device spliced to purple wire coming from vehicle harness

I have images, but I don't see an "Attach" button. If someone could kindly show me how to upload pics in this response, I'll gladly upload them. Thanks!
go back to edit or advance and click this button it will open a window called manage attachements and you can choose the window
Old 08-15-2014, 06:03 PM
doublea88
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 50 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-leds-mod.html

For anyone who needs some help installing the kit, here is my DIY that i made when i installed mine, good luck!
The following 2 users liked this post by doublea88:
buGfresh (08-16-2014), dragion (08-15-2014)
Old 08-18-2014, 09:31 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Finally got around to installing 2 sets this weekend. Both turned out great and was a very simple and fast install imo. Took me a little over an hr for both cars and that was including a trip to home depot...none the less a great product and should have been like this from factory, but I LOVE the way it looks now.
The following users liked this post:
buGfresh (08-19-2014)

Quick Reply: rear turn signal conversion to LED rings