Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

debadging the G...yes or no?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2012, 01:10 PM
Gville37

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by quakerroatmeal
At the very least the infiniti lettering has to go. For me I like my rear to look symmetrical..so I took off both the infiniti and g37s badge. If you hand wash your car it makes washing the rear so much easier without the emblems. Do what you think looks the best. Also if you want it back on you can put it back on. You don't need to buy new emblems.

100% agree with this post. car looks great.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:08 PM
BaddestDudeEver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snowtan
ya, there isn't much distinguishing an IPL besides the IPL badge...and about 2hp lol. i'd keep it on there, but then again, that's the same thing as saying i'd keep the S on my g, since it's a sport model. maybe just go all in and take it all off?

you could always just buy new badges, they don't cost too much. IFF you regret debadging that much
Yeah the styling differences are subtle. I disagree that it would.be the same as leaving the s badge on as i think the ipl is a little more exclusive.. whether the price difference for the peformance gains is justifiable is a different discussion. I do think just leaving on the ipl would be asymmetrical
Old 12-15-2012, 04:14 PM
snowtan

Originally Posted by BaddestDudeEver
Yeah the styling differences are subtle. I disagree that it would.be the same as leaving the s badge on as i think the ipl is a little more exclusive.. whether the price difference for the peformance gains is justifiable is a different discussion. I do think just leaving on the ipl would be asymmetrical
valid point
Old 12-15-2012, 04:19 PM
tmmueller

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
can the logo also come off without leaving any holes on the back? I have a white one and it looks clean with everything off but I assumed there was going to be a hole or two under the logo.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:05 PM
BaddestDudeEver

Originally Posted by tmmueller
can the logo also come off without leaving any holes on the back? I have a white one and it looks clean with everything off but I assumed there was going to be a hole or two under the logo.
They are glued on with some kind of epoxy. There shouldnt be any holes afaik
Old 12-15-2012, 06:12 PM
snowtan

Note to self: debadging in 40 degree weather is not the best...
Old 12-15-2012, 06:20 PM
blackvr4tt

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Dr.Pat
Absolutely yes! It looks so much cleaner without all the emblems. At first I took everything off the trunk lid except for the Infiniti logo, but after having the car for a while I noticed that a lot of road grime and debris gets stuck on the paint in between the openings of the logo. I got tired of having to used a small toothbrush to clean in between the logo so I just took the logo off too. No regrets...Much easier to clean/wax and it's always fun when someone comes up to me and says, "Wow what kind of car is that???" lol
That's the problem, it's surprising how many people are not familiar with Infiniti yet. I like supporting the brand so it will grow. I kept my badges on and I think they look fine.

Here's the other factor, what about when you go to sell your car??? A lot of people who buy a luxury car want the badges on. It is a big PITA to put them back on.
Old 12-15-2012, 06:46 PM
Purpul

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Debadging was the very first thing I did to my car when I bought it,I think it makes the rear look so much cleaner.I just had to deal with how all the residue looked till I got it detailed
Old 12-15-2012, 08:48 PM
bluedevils95

Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts
i say do it! it looks so much cleaner

Last edited by bluedevils95; 12-15-2012 at 11:19 PM.
Old 12-15-2012, 09:22 PM
snowtan

def will need to detail now. nice little g37s shadow...and an infiniti shadow
Old 12-15-2012, 10:03 PM
Rad_Slinger

Received 81 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by BaddestDudeEver
They are glued on with some kind of epoxy. There shouldnt be any holes afaik
No they are most certainly not.

They are held on with 3 M double sided tape. And yes...there are no holes
Old 12-17-2012, 09:36 AM
Dr.Pat

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by snowtan
i have to say the rear does look clean debadged...dr.pat did you have an issue with the grime and residue showing up a lot more since your car is white?
With the emblems on...yes, because it's very difficult to detail around the letters and in between the openings of the logo. Debadged...piece of cake! I use Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant...that stuff is a gift from god! It lasts for about 6 months and it keeps the paint surface extremely smooth and clean. But whenever some dirt or debris gets stuck on the paint I just go over it with a claybar.
Old 12-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Boss tan

Any DIY on how to debadge the g37 plus the sewell company tag that the car came with?
Thanks
Old 12-17-2012, 11:49 AM
Purpul

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss tan
Any DIY on how to debadge the g37 plus the sewell company tag that the car came with?
Thanks
I just used goo gone, a heat gun and dental floss for the emblems
Old 12-17-2012, 11:59 AM
nanotech

I took of all my emblems on my g37 except the Infiniti logo and it looks clean and it also makes the rear end of the car look wider. I would take the emblems off if I were you.

Quick Reply: debadging the G...yes or no?