Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

New Take on GT-R Tails

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2012, 01:01 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
Didn't see this till now!!! You and that damn parking lot I tell ya...we need another shoot I'm thinkin ..just you and me! Car is looking great man!! WIsh you woulda got the trunk, we completely would have been twinners now!!!!!!
Old 04-25-2012, 01:34 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by 1cleanG
Didn't see this till now!!! You and that damn parking lot I tell ya...we need another shoot I'm thinkin ..just you and me! Car is looking great man!! WIsh you woulda got the trunk, we completely would have been twinners now!!!!!!

Haha I knew you would say something if you saw where it was... What am I supposed to do though. I decided to drive into work to finish a few things up on a Saturday and that is the work parking garage.

We do need to do another shoot for sure and yeah I still bug darryl865 to sell the trunk to me as he is the one who got it!

How far away are you from me again? We need to figure something out, but I will be there for that one show and you and your crew said you were coming to the Soldier Field show this year too right?
Old 04-25-2012, 03:28 PM
Z gave way to G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You two keep your intimate rendezvous plans to yourselves! That's what PM is for
Old 04-25-2012, 07:03 PM
mindawg

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Not easily removed, not permanent but they would need to be sanded down and smoothed out which would cost about the same as getting them done. Bluebat overlays may be your best option for the time being... They are easily removed.

But, another option is to sell the tails when you trade in for OEM ones plus cash... just saying...

The shop is located in Bridgeview, IL they are already picking up some business from this forum too... honestly, I would never recommend a shop unless I was so incredibly happy with the attention to detail and the passion that this guy puts into his work... I sincerely recommend this shop for any work you need done on your G.

The guy that runs the shop is going to come out to the drift event and show on Sunday. You going to that?
yea. coming out with my gf
Old 04-25-2012, 08:18 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Haha I knew you would say something if you saw where it was... What am I supposed to do though. I decided to drive into work to finish a few things up on a Saturday and that is the work parking garage.

We do need to do another shoot for sure and yeah I still bug darryl865 to sell the trunk to me as he is the one who got it!

How far away are you from me again? We need to figure something out, but I will be there for that one show and you and your crew said you were coming to the Soldier Field show this year too right?
Originally Posted by Z gave way to G
You two keep your intimate rendezvous plans to yourselves! That's what PM is for
Whaaatever Damien, you know we'd be meeting up 4sho! Its for HIN, and yes, we plan to make the trip down.

The trip between you guys and up here is about 6 hours. The show you guys should check into is called Powercruise. Its up in Brainard, MN. They only host it 2 places in the world, Australia and here. Its a race track, real track time (not actual racing). Then a quarter mile(real racing), a show and shine, drift compentitions, etc.
Old 04-25-2012, 08:35 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Originally Posted by chi-city-g
... my girlfriend teaches at a saturday school and her students have a performance and graduation that weekend... I could stage a fight... Don't count me out just yet but things are looking grim.
**dislike
Old 04-25-2012, 11:16 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Nice work. You have good taste. I like every mod on your car.
Old 04-25-2012, 11:17 PM
mindawg

Whaaatever Damien, you know we'd be meeting up 4sho! Its for HIN, and yes, we plan to make the trip down.

The trip between you guys and up here is about 6 hours. The show you guys should check into is called Powercruise. Its up in Brainard, MN. They only host it 2 places in the world, Australia and here. Its a race track, real track time (not actual racing). Then a quarter mile(real racing), a show and shine, drift compentitions, etc.
6hrs is bout right. Im at Mall of America today. Hitting the park tmmr early
Old 04-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Z gave way to G
I am sorry, we should not rub it in your face like that... And jealousy is a stinky cologne but we should make Damien feel more included though as he is sensative to things like that.

Originally Posted by mindawg
yea. coming out with my gf
Nice! Should be a good time! Are you showing?

I will not miss that for sure! Haha, anytime I hear Brainard I think of that part of the movie Fargo when he gets pulled over and says to the cop "I was hoping we could handle everything right here in Brainard." trying to bribe the cop.

I digress... When do we need to sign up for that event and what type of red carpet will you be rolling out for me MN style?!

**dislike
Well I know Lance! I dislike it too... you know anyone riding back after ZdayZ? I dont, so that would be an awful lonely drive all hungover by myself going home to an angry girlfriend...

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Nice work. You have good taste. I like every mod on your car.
Wow, thank you. That is a very nice and all-encompassing compliment!!!

Why the h e l l are you all the way up there?!?! That is like 7.5 hours away from the city according to Google Maps...
Old 04-26-2012, 02:10 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

wait WHAT? You wanna meet up!?!?!?!? I can organize pretty quickly!! You shoulda told us you were coming up!!!
Old 04-26-2012, 03:59 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

^ yeah man, just look for Lance's van, I am sure he is at that mall a lot:

Old 04-26-2012, 04:22 PM
Samurai

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn Jared that looks amazing! Sorry I didn't make it to the Z opener. Got caught up with school and family. Can't wait to see these in person one day.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:44 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

lmfao...you woullllllllllllllllllld!!!
Old 04-27-2012, 04:02 AM
mindawg

LMAO. Sorry. Was there just 1 day. Visiting my daughter I have up in Eau Claire area WI. Beisdes I was in 4cyl Camry lol. made it on a tank of 87 Wish I got that out of my G. Wasn't going to take my baby for 1000mile trip. That includes a few side trips. Any how. Mall sucks. Never get any deals there. My GF found some crap though. Park was slow, so got to go on of the rides without any lines. I'll stop at Drift Show. Come on down!
Old 04-30-2012, 11:56 AM
idajones

Hey sorry to use this thread but I thought it would be useful to mention how well of a job Mindos and MMMotorsports did on my car as well. Here are a few pictures - I apologize for a crappy iphone pics as well as the blurriness of them (it was kind of windy where I was)

On a further note, MMMotorsports does high quality work at very, I can't stress this enough, VERY competitive prices. I normally go to A & L to get some of my work done but as of now I am very impressed at the quality of work done my Mindos and his people. I definitely plan on getting additional work done to my car and will be there again!

Once again thank you Jared on helping me find this location.

Last edited by idajones; 04-30-2012 at 11:58 AM. Reason: added pictures

Quick Reply: New Take on GT-R Tails