Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Clean.

8char
Old 04-23-2012, 12:02 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by GRG37
Dude that looks awesome, i just had mine smoke now i am considering doing the same thing you did, makes the car look so much better
Thanks man! Let me know if you want the info for the shop that did them.

Originally Posted by LegitMW
Looks so good with your car. Is the red circles tinted darker too ?
Thank you bud! No, the red circles are not darker, s h i t t y camera and overcast day is most likely all that is.

Originally Posted by J2S2M
Sick tails! Came out very clean.
Thanks man. That was the biggest thing for me; a clean look and I am so happy with the final result.

Originally Posted by RaulGCustom
looking good!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by soolman32
Looking good! Modding is officially in full swing. Looking forward to the reveal on the other items you have in store... It's gonna be sick
Haha, thanks Tev! Yeah I am hoping to have quite a few things done in the next several weeks. Its impossible to keep up with you guys!

Originally Posted by tomro99
very nice!!!! looks too good. only if i knew of a shop like this in SoCal..anyone?
Thanks man, if you are ever visiting Chicago for a long weekend this would take about a day. Sending the lights is always an option too. Good luck though either way!

Originally Posted by G37Sam
I agree! That came out amazing!
Thanks bud! Means a lot.

Originally Posted by bat6wc
looks sick!

Originally Posted by Z gave way to G
Looks great Jared!! I'm loving the emblems on the decklid also!
Thank you for the kind words bro! BUT, where the h ell have you been?! Haven't heard from you in a while and we missed you at the season opener meet yesterday!

There is a car show and Drift event at Toyota Park next Sunday... Bring the fam!

Originally Posted by DeepRumble
Great job!! I am looking to do something with my tails as well. Might consider doing something just like yours instead of just doing a full tint job. Just wonder how it would look on my Platinum Graphite sedan...
Full smoke looks very good on PG!!! Search the forum and you will see. That shop can do anything you like and a full tint would be much cheaper than what I have. They are in Bridgeview as well so it wouldn't be too too far of a drive for you. PM me if you are interested.

Thank you for the compliment as well!

Originally Posted by Presto
very nice work. how do you keep your car so clean?
Haha, well most of the time (about 95%) the car sits in parking garage under a cover so that helps... and when it does come out of hiding... the first stop if usually a detail shop. Trust me though, there are plenty of imperfections in my paint that drive me insane!!! Black is such a tough car to keep clean and the paint used on our cars does not help!!!

Originally Posted by AceJack
Looks awesome!! I might do this as well with my OB. Which roof spoiler are you using btw? I've been interested in getting one and that looks pretty d@mn good
Thanks man, the roof spoiler is from Stillen. Not the best quality but a great look IMO.

Originally Posted by scotty_g
Looking good! Hook us up Will your guy do that to our lights too ?!?!?!
Yessir! but he would need to get his hands on them. It takes about a day to prep and complete, maybe two days at the most to make sure they are all set and buffed out. He definitely can do it though, PM me if you are really interested and let me know where you are located.

Originally Posted by Gville37
looks good. i wasnt a fan at first of the gtr style lights but starting to change my mind
Thanks bud, that is one of the best compliments I have gotten so far!

Originally Posted by Retromoe
Clean.

8char
Thanks man!
Old 04-23-2012, 01:11 PM
AnotherG37

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Saw them in person yesterday. They look great! It was nice meeting you Jared. Hope to make it up next weekend.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:37 PM
D_Rek

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That looks really nice.
Is it painted or tinted again?
Old 04-23-2012, 01:42 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks freaking awesome Jarad!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:10 PM
redrover23
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
Them tail lights are nice!
Old 04-23-2012, 02:43 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Do you have any "before" pics?
Old 04-23-2012, 08:08 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AnotherG37
Saw them in person yesterday. They look great! It was nice meeting you Jared. Hope to make it up next weekend.
Great meeting you as well Nate. Hope you can make it, I really think that drift event will be a lot of fun. E-mail to enter in the Auto Mass car show, I think there are still spots available.

Originally Posted by D_Rek
That looks really nice.
Is it painted or tinted again?
Thanks man! It is painted but it is layered in a way that it is not opaque, you can still see through the dark part of the light.

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Looks freaking awesome Jarad!
Thanks Eric, compliments from you are always appreciated (even if you did spell my name wrong ) !!!

Originally Posted by redrover23
Them tail lights are nice!
Thanks man, I really do love how cleaned up they are over the overlays, but the overlays are definitely the least expensive route still to achieve this look! I don't want to downplay Bluebats work at all as he provided me the look I was going for for over a year, this just was more to my liking.

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Do you have any "before" pics?
Absolutely for you sir; although, you could mean a varying degree of things by that question so I will attempt to cover all options as it may help others:

Right before bluebat install:

Bluebat overlays installed:

Maybe the closest shot I have of the edges that bained my existence but not exactly a great shot of what bothered me most:

(I do not have better pictures of that as it was something I did not really want to show off...)

Its hard to explain and people that have the overlays know exactly what I mean with the overlapping pieces and the edges that are just not a clean look. Looking at the bluebat thread might have a few better angles but again, most pictures are taken to show how good something you installed looks so its hard to get the idea and also hard to tell in pictures but is very clear in person.

Prepped for the new process (actually kind of a cool look like this):

And again one more time finished to my exact liking:

Hope this helps Bill!

Old 04-23-2012, 08:21 PM
WPPJR30

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
Originally Posted by Chi-City-G
Hope this helps Bill!

Awesome! Very thorough. I just wanted to get a better idea of the differences and I thought it would help to see them side-by-side. Thank you. I like the new look. They look great! Very clean...
Old 04-23-2012, 09:57 PM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Opsssss! my bad! Jared hehe
Old 04-23-2012, 10:46 PM
soolman32

Received 127 Likes on 108 Posts
Jared_ You're still meeting with us at Zdayz right? or are we picking you up on the way there?
Old 04-24-2012, 07:34 PM
used2xb
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
holy smokes, that's really sweet. got me tempted to play with my tail lights now...
Old 04-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by soolman32
Jared_ You're still meeting with us at Zdayz right? or are we picking you up on the way there?
... my girlfriend teaches at a Saturday school and her students have a performance and graduation that weekend... I could stage a fight... don't count me out just yet but things are looking grim.

Originally Posted by WPPJR30
Awesome! Very thorough. I just wanted to get a better idea of the differences and I thought it would help to see them side-by-side. Thank you. I like the new look. They look great! Very clean...
Thank you! Clean is the idea and I plan to keep that theme with a few other things I have planned for the season!

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Opsssss! my bad! Jared hehe
I only lost a little bit of sleep over it, no biggie... what else should I expect from the #1 troll!

Originally Posted by used2xb
holy smokes, that's really sweet. got me tempted to play with my tail lights now...
Thank you very much for the kind words! I would be very cautious taking this job into your own hands though... there are a few members who have not faired so well. There are shops that do similar things, this shop is willing to do it for the forum. 180 Customs does a similar paint job on the tails too! Good luck either way!
Old 04-24-2012, 09:58 PM
mindawg

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm loving it. Are they easy to remove as well? I like the look, but may have to remove after lease. UNLESS I get SC and keep the beast Where are these guys located?
thanks
Old 04-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Chi-City-G
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mindawg
I'm loving it. Are they easy to remove as well? I like the look, but may have to remove after lease. UNLESS I get SC and keep the beast Where are these guys located?
thanks
Not easily removed, not permanent but they would need to be sanded down and smoothed out which would cost about the same as getting them done. Bluebat overlays may be your best option for the time being... They are easily removed.

But, another option is to sell the tails when you trade in for OEM ones plus cash... just saying...

The shop is located in Bridgeview, IL they are already picking up some business from this forum too... honestly, I would never recommend a shop unless I was so incredibly happy with the attention to detail and the passion that this guy puts into his work... I sincerely recommend this shop for any work you need done on your G.

The guy that runs the shop is going to come out to the drift event and show on Sunday. You going to that?

Quick Reply: New Take on GT-R Tails