Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Switchback Dual Color LED Turn Signal Lights

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 02:07 PM
MattG37s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Switchback Dual Color LED Turn Signal Lights

Anyone have the Switchback dual color led turn signals in the G37.. I am thinking about about getting it but want to know how they look and if they really work....

Here's a link check it out
7443 7444 Switchback Dual Color LED Turn Signal Lights | eBay
Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 AM
maxfinity

I have them but i dont have the ones from v-leds so im not sure how those would look work. I made a video to show how the pair I got from autolumination.com work. Just search switchbacks.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Almatti

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you enter the 2010 G37X in the compatibility chart on that site. It says: It DOESN"T fit that vehicle. I wouldn't bother.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:07 PM
maxfinity

someone posted something about the switchbacks form jdmtoy.com dontfit into our housings.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:55 AM
Noremac

Unless the LED bulbs come with a high power rating of at least 3 Watts, and preferably 7 or more Watts, don't bother since they will be way too dim to function as decent turn signals in the daytime. I had tried a set of dual switchback LEDS, and although I liked the concept, the amber LEDs were just unacceptibly dim.
Old 06-14-2011, 03:07 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by maxfinity
someone posted something about the switchbacks form jdmtoy.com dontfit into our housings.
I have installed a few sets from ijdm. I actually still run one of their earlier sets. The one i have in my g is a true switch back where it holds white but when i turn on the blinker it alternates between white and amber.

The bulbs ijdm sells now are slightly different. First off they are larger and require a tiny bit of sanding to get them to fit. The biggest issue i have with them is when the blinker turns on the white turns off it blinks amber and then when the blinker is off the white turns back on. I dont know about autoillumination nor do i know about v-leds so if anybody knows about their blink pattern please let me know.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:23 AM
maxfinity

Originally Posted by jhenka
I have installed a few sets from ijdm. I actually still run one of their earlier sets. The one i have in my g is a true switch back where it holds white but when i turn on the blinker it alternates between white and amber.

The bulbs ijdm sells now are slightly different. First off they are larger and require a tiny bit of sanding to get them to fit. The biggest issue i have with them is when the blinker turns on the white turns off it blinks amber and then when the blinker is off the white turns back on. I dont know about autoillumination nor do i know about v-leds so if anybody knows about their blink pattern please let me know.
Both v-leds and and autolumination have both types of switch backs. With v-leds you have type 1(alternates between white and amber with blinker) and type 2(Only flashes amber with blinker). V-leds only sale they type 2 bulb for out car. With Autolumination you have Amber/White-AW(alternates between white and amber with blinker) and Amber/Off-AO(Only flashes amber with blinker). I have the autolumination AW bulbs. Here is a video i made on how they work.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...dan-video.html

Last edited by maxfinity; 06-15-2011 at 02:14 AM.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:21 PM
jhenka

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Both v-leds and and autolumination have both types of switch backs. With v-leds you have type 1(alternates between white and amber with blinker) and type 2(Only flashes amber with blinker). V-leds only sale they type 2 bulb for out car. With Autolumination you have Amber/White-AW(alternates between white and amber with blinker) and Amber/Off-AO(Only flashes amber with blinker). I have the autolumination AW bulbs. Here is a video i made on how they work.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...dan-video.html
I have the sames ones you do I'll post a video when i get a chance. Do you have a link to the bulbs from autoillumination?
Old 12-14-2014, 01:08 AM
tai01

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Switchbacks on 2010 sedan(Video) - MyG37
Autolumination has so many different kinds of led switchbacks - which one did you end up going with for that YouTube video you made?
Old 12-14-2014, 10:51 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by tai01
Autolumination has so many different kinds of led switchbacks - which one did you end up going with for that YouTube video you made?
When you bump old threads check the members profile for "last activity", often they're off the radar. The member you asked hasn't been on for about a year. Might want to post a thread in the lighting folder for specific questions you have.
Old 01-02-2015, 07:27 PM
NYTEG37
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
I have the switchbacks from iJDMToy for my 2011 G37 Sedan, and they work perfectly. I like how they only blink amber when I'm using my signals. Actually it's just like the new Audi's. their's only blink amber too when using the signals. although it was a bit of a guessing game to figure out the wiring for the Resistor (Resistor have two wires...bulb harness has three) I had to splice in to avoid the "hyper-flashing" you get from the system thinking the bulb is out because of the lower voltage the bulbs run at. If your gonna install the iJDMToy one's...hit me up and I'll let you know about which wires to tap into for the resistor.

Last edited by NYTEG37; 01-02-2015 at 07:34 PM.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:01 PM
ay37
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
I have these and they work great: http://www.ebay.com/itm/141122161980?_trksid=p2060778.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
just another suggestion to throw out there. you may be after a particular color though, which differs bulb to bulb, among other factors.
Old 01-10-2015, 12:10 AM
dragion
Registered Member

Received 151 Likes on 125 Posts
I have the 5000k Switchback LEDs from V-LED.

Video:

VIDEO0044_zps74f87f4a.mp4 Video by dragioniii | Photobucket

VIDEO0045_zps828e4315.mp4 Video by dragioniii | Photobucket

VIDEO0046_zps884551a6.mp4 Video by dragioniii | Photobucket
Old 03-23-2015, 01:12 AM
squall2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NYTEG37
I have the switchbacks from iJDMToy for my 2011 G37 Sedan, and they work perfectly. I like how they only blink amber when I'm using my signals. Actually it's just like the new Audi's. their's only blink amber too when using the signals. although it was a bit of a guessing game to figure out the wiring for the Resistor (Resistor have two wires...bulb harness has three) I had to splice in to avoid the "hyper-flashing" you get from the system thinking the bulb is out because of the lower voltage the bulbs run at. If your gonna install the iJDMToy one's...hit me up and I'll let you know about which wires to tap into for the resistor.

Yes, Please, I am going to install the resistor for the hyperblink issue, can you post the information regarding which 2 wires does the resistor need to tap into? Thanks
Old 03-23-2015, 10:08 PM
STownSaint
Registered Member

Received 298 Likes on 236 Posts
Good info in here, thx for the bump

Originally Posted by NYTEG37
I like how they only blink amber when I'm using my signals. Actually it's just like the new Audi's. their's only blink amber too when using the signals.
THIS is exactly what I've been looking for, a white LED that blinks amber-off when signaling, thought iJDM was the only provider of this type, but looks like I have options, and the reason is also that I think the way the Europeans demonstrate the switchback is more attractive than the amber-white blinking (just preference). Will be going this route for my next batch of mods (along w sidemarker bulb removal, black fog rings, and possibly intakes)

Where are guys mounting the resistor? And is bumper removal required to access bulbs in the headlamp?

Quick Reply: Switchback Dual Color LED Turn Signal Lights