Body Interior Exterior Lighting

ONEighty: Midnight Taillights on MW Coupe & Vert *Detailed Pics*

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 12:17 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts
ONEighty: Midnight Taillights on MW Coupe & Vert *Detailed Pics*

Whats up guys, we've finally had some time to get pics of the "Midnight Taillights" we did for a 2 members (Jubbliepuff & WhiteAWDcoupe )

Check them out, let us know what you think. This job could without a doubt be a "DIY" but from personal experience, you should try doing it on a spare taillight to see if the job is for you before you hack your good ones up. It's very time consuming, and requires patience, as well as very easy to hurt yourself if you decide to cut them open with a razor blade or a knife. So please guys, if you end up doing this yourself... be VERY cautious, it's very easy to mess up the taillight or hurt yourself doing it.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, PM us for a quote, we have spare taillights available so it can be a core exchange type of deal (We ship you the modified taillights, you ship your stock ones back).

For comparison:

Midnight G37 Coupe vs OEM G35 Sedan

Name:  midnight_tails9.jpg
Views: 5378
Size:  102.5 KB

Name:  midnight_tails8.jpg
Views: 2622
Size:  87.2 KB

Name:  midnight_tails12.jpg
Views: 1834
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  midnight_tails10.jpg
Views: 1364
Size:  66.8 KB

Name:  midnight_tails11.jpg
Views: 1306
Size:  51.3 KB

Convertible:

Name:  midnight_tails7.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  131.6 KB

On a Black Obsidian G37 Coupe, comparing STOCK to MIDNIGHT

Name:  midnight_tails4.jpg
Views: 4879
Size:  105.8 KB

Comments and opinions?

Thanks,
ONEighty
Old 02-15-2011, 12:22 AM
Doggy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks good!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:07 AM
Zaphod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 180Custom
Whats up guys, we've finally had some time to get pics of the "Midnight Taillights" we did for a 2 members (Jubbliepuff & WhiteAWDcoupe )

Check them out, let us know what you think. This job could without a doubt be a "DIY" but from personal experience, you should try doing it on a spare taillight to see if the job is for you before you hack your good ones up. It's very time consuming, and requires patience, as well as very easy to hurt yourself if you decide to cut them open with a razor blade or a knife. So please guys, if you end up doing this yourself... be VERY cautious, it's very easy to mess up the taillight or hurt yourself doing it.

If you don't feel comfortable doing it, PM us for a quote, we have spare taillights available so it can be a core exchange type of deal (We ship you the modified taillights, you ship your stock ones back).

For comparison:

Convertible:

Comments and opinions?

Thanks,
ONEighty
PM Price for 29710
Old 02-15-2011, 11:14 AM
Djfarhan
Registered Member

Received 79 Likes on 65 Posts
nice pics!
Old 02-15-2011, 11:52 AM
kpxsam90

Holy- that looks so much better than tinting your tail lights. I live in GA and the legal law is that your tail lights must be visible by 300 ft when braking. I guess this is a good alternative to get your tail lights really dark if you want to paint the both inside and outside! Maybe...

GJ on the tail lights though. Can you pm me the price?
Old 02-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Z gave way to G

Great work guys!
Old 02-16-2011, 09:25 AM
mystakin
Registered Member

looks mad nice. im guessing this is legal since you aren't applying paint to the outside of the taillight right?
Old 02-19-2011, 02:52 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by mystakin
looks mad nice. im guessing this is legal since you aren't applying paint to the outside of the taillight right?
Yep, 100% legal.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:14 AM
Obvis07

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
is the reflector and turning signal painted over? or do they look darker because the whole thing is darker?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:13 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Obvis07
is the reflector and turning signal painted over? or do they look darker because the whole thing is darker?
All the clear pieces inside the taillights such as the reflectors, the shrouds around the LED's, and the turn signals are left untouched, all we painted was the chrome areas.
Old 02-19-2011, 04:29 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
What the priiiice? I like very much! you have group buy?
Old 02-19-2011, 04:40 AM
ONEighty
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
What the priiiice? I like very much! you have group buy?
Price is TBA, but we gave introductory pricing to a few customers who hit us up right when we posted this. In all honesty, the amount of hours this project takes us, it's almost not worth our asking price, and asking more would be unreasonable, theres just wayy to much that can go wrong. We'll post up all the details as soon as we hear some feedback from the customers who got theirs done, so far theres 1 coupe and 1 vert completed, and 2 more in the process.

We'll definitely keep you guys updated.

PM us if you really want the price, we'll take another set or two at our introductory price.
Old 02-19-2011, 09:11 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
I'm very impressed. The fact is, there's a lot of WORK and fine detail put into these for having to take apart the taillight. Looks great!!
Old 02-20-2011, 12:27 AM
Jubbliepuff

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice Igor... finally got the pictures up....

For any of the folks on the fence about this.. I can personally tell you that it's EXACTLY the look I wanted for my car and I'm sure it'll be for alot of you out there... The red taillight contrast is a little too sharp on a white car.. and with all my black accents (sideskirts, headlights, tints) the stock taillights just didn't look the greatest...

I originally bought Bluebat's 3/10 GTR style overlay... I installed one on my taillight and just didn't like the look of it... I know I didn't install it 100% to fitment.. but the look just didn't cut it for me... With overlays there's always a problem of fitment and installation (guy wanted to charge $120 for installation) as well as durability... so in my eyes.. this was the best route to go for a darker look...

As far as painted taillights... If it's not done 100% correctly.. I think the look is a bit tacky... blacked out taillights are not my cup of tea...

I will take some more pictures when my car comes out of storage.. probably within the next month or so.... but in the meantime... Igor does some sick work... and if you're not a do-it-yourself kinda person like me and don't want to cut open you're own taillight... this is a great piece to add to complete the look you're going for.

Here's a shot an hour before installing them just for comparison...

Before Shot
Name:  5-13.jpg
Views: 1258
Size:  140.4 KB

After Shot
Name:  midnight_tails7.jpg
Views: 1281
Size:  131.6 KB

Last edited by Jubbliepuff; 02-20-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: add pictures
Old 01-08-2017, 01:17 PM
RaviR

Price to do 2012 G37 Coupe taillights?

Just looking for a price for the 2012 G37 Coupe midnight black taillights. Thanks
Originally Posted by ONEighty

For comparison:

Convertible:

Comments and opinions?

Thanks,
ONEighty

Quick Reply: ONEighty: Midnight Taillights on MW Coupe & Vert *Detailed Pics*