Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Tinted Headlights!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by indycase
If safety is your number one concern to that extreme (not that there's anything wrong with it), I don't know why you would buy a G. Did you know that research has shown that a silver car is the safest for both yourself and others? You should get it in silver.

P.S.: Sorry, I'm not trying to engage in a debate to defend anyone nor am I trying to state that your points are not valid, but I just feel that a fellow G owner is kind enough to take the time to take and upload a pic to share with G enthusiasts, we should cut him some slack and not slam it.
Your post is a bit confusing. Should I have not bought a G or should I have bought one in silver? I hope you’re not going in the direction of some others that because I’m safety conscious I should be driving something else. Some members may resent an old man driving a non-sport, 100% stock G, with no illegal mods. In the past I’ve been asked to drive a Prius, Buick, Altima, or Hyundai instead. Perhaps I’m some kind of threat to these dedicated G enthusiasts.

And as the last poster said, the G has a very high safety rating so there should be no reason to change on that score. Does that justify compromising a safety feature or two? I may be in the minority around here, but I don’t think so. And I don’t believe I slammed the OP, I just disagreed with the mod in question and the subsequent poster that was only concerned about cops rather than safety. But to his credit he didn’t ask me to get a Honda instead.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:34 PM
indycase

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chekov
Your post is a bit confusing. Should I have not bought a G or should I have bought one in silver? I hope you’re not going in the direction of some others that because I’m safety conscious I should be driving something else. Some members may resent an old man driving a non-sport, 100% stock G, with no illegal mods. In the past I’ve been asked to drive a Prius, Buick, Altima, or Hyundai instead. Perhaps I’m some kind of threat to these dedicated G enthusiasts.

And as the last poster said, the G has a very high safety rating so there should be no reason to change on that score. Does that justify compromising a safety feature or two? I may be in the minority around here, but I don’t think so. And I don’t believe I slammed the OP, I just disagreed with the mod in question and the subsequent poster that was only concerned about cops rather than safety. But to his credit he didn’t ask me to get a Honda instead.
Well I'm not a senior citizen and my car is completely stock .. I love it just the way it is .. but I do appreciate fellow enthusiasts sharing with us their ideas and projects ... especially when it's street legal so I don't see what the problem is ... there's a thread about re-wiring the DVD function so you can watch movies while driving .. fun fun

... and I'm not telling you what you should be buying, just telling you that the G didn't get top scores in crash tests in its respective class and that silver is the safest colour choice ... you can slam that too but I'm just taking my precious time to share the info.

ANYHOW, back on topic .. so whatever happened to the tinted headlights that the S is supposed to get as standard for the 2010 update? The 2011 M Sport has them.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:56 PM
The Jewbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks like ****. Go get yourself a Civic kid.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:22 PM
Chekov
Senior Citizen

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts
ANYHOW, back on topic .. so whatever happened to the tinted headlights that the S is supposed to get as standard for the 2010 update? The 2011 M Sport has them.
You’re right that the new M with the sport package has a tinted front grille and headlamp housing. But it makes sense to me that the HID illumination for this car is designed to meet vehicle safety standards in both Canada and the U.S.

BTW, my brother (whose older than I am) just bought a new M37 two weeks ago. He didn’t get the sport package however, but he loves the car. He chose storm front grey instead of silver. I hope that is still a safe choice.
Old 05-04-2010, 05:47 PM
indycase

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Chekov
You’re right that the new M with the sport package has a tinted front grille and headlamp housing. But it makes sense to me that the HID illumination for this car is designed to meet vehicle safety standards in both Canada and the U.S.

BTW, my brother (whose older than I am) just bought a new M37 two weeks ago. He didn’t get the sport package however, but he loves the car. He chose storm front grey instead of silver. I hope that is still a safe choice.
Nice. Not sure about grey, but if you want ultimate safety for visibility according to the said study, silver is the way to go.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:13 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
... there's a thread about re-wiring the DVD function so you can watch movies while driving .. fun fun
I don't think this is true at all. If it is, please direct me to it.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:10 PM
Tony'sG37

Safety is key, I am the first to say this and I am a young "kid." However, I also think that the threads on this forum are voluntary. If you find what someone is doing is wrong then ignore it, otherwise, post to every illegal thread that is on this forum. The HID lights on the G are incredibly bright and I am sure that some tint isn't going to make them any more dull than what was on my 2004 civic. I see you are trying to make a different but I am a firm believer that give 100% or don't give any at all. I mean come on, reality is that there are much worse things being done on cars and in this world than some tint on headlights. I am not looking to start an argument or show any disrespect, but I do feel I have to say something about this. Hope all is well!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:55 PM
stevecasa
Registered Member

What percent is the tint? 3/10 or 6/10
Old 10-18-2010, 02:02 AM
eksigned

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by The Jewbag
Looks like ****. Go get yourself a Civic kid.
LOL f***ing ****
To each is their own!
Old 10-18-2010, 02:22 AM
6mtg37s
Registered Member

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Meh not feeling the headlight tint, but them again i never liked tint in general. Just takes away from functionality imo. The muffler delete i'm for tho, sounds real sweet.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:12 AM
financeman

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I really don't care what anyone chooses to do with their ride....but I fail to see one single advantage of uglying up the car (IMO) and reducing headlight brightness. Embedded in the cost of these cars is some significant $$$ for Xenon headlights....
Old 10-18-2010, 11:43 AM
37Gs

Wait, where is the link for the sound clip? Didn't see it? Would love to hear it! Thanks!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:27 PM
bocaytomas

A little more black since when I took that picture...