Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Seat Bubbling..

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:22 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seat Bubbling..

Whats the deal with this seat bubbling issue. I have noticed a little seat bubbling on the drivers seat as well i am i seat in the seat carefully and dont jump in or anything and if that happens its part of the car i guess. is it something to worry about.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">
Old 01-09-2010, 09:31 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Alot of people have complained. Some people have been successful in having the seat replaced, however, I've seen all cars with leather do this so it's not something I'm too worried about.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:35 PM
juicybusa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
Alot of people have complained. Some people have been successful in having the seat replaced, however, I've seen all cars with leather do this so it's not something I'm too worried about.
I gotta tell you- I have a well used 1999 Lexus RX300 and an immaculate 07 ES350 and neither show even a hint of this type problem in their leather.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:41 PM
SindhiStyle

is the seat bubbling happing to the people with the sport seats as well? knock on wood, so far my sport seats have not really started to bubble. On the other hand, there seems to be some creases on the left bolster from me trying to get in and out of the car...
Old 01-09-2010, 09:47 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Strange. I don't recall it being an issue with the first couple MY's of the 2nd gen G. The seats on my 07 G35S look like new after over 3 years of ownership. There is some creasing on both bolsters, but that is completely normal. If mine bubbled like I've seen here in some pics, I'd definitely be taking it back to the dealer for replacement.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:54 PM
juicybusa

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
Strange. I don't recall it being an issue with the first couple MY's of the 2nd gen G. The seats on my 07 G35S look like new after over 3 years of ownership. There is some creasing on both bolsters, but that is completely normal. If mine bubbled like I've seen here in some pics, I'd definitely be taking it back to the dealer for replacement.
Totally agree your gonna have some wear and creasing but some of these bubbling seats are totally unacceptable. I'm no expert but it appears more of either the foam is breaking down or springs are failing-. not the leather itself. Seems I read a while back one of the mfgs was switching to a "green" foam made from of all things soybeans-rather than the traditional petro-chemical foam. Was it Infiniti??????
Old 01-09-2010, 10:14 PM
deepFlip

i got the same issue, but tbh whats the point in changing the seat when ur gonna have the same problem with the new seat?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:20 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by deepFlip
i got the same issue, but tbh whats the point in changing the seat when ur gonna have the same problem with the new seat?
What's the point keeping a defective seat when you can get it replaced under warranty? The more seats that are replaced under warranty the better chance Infiniti will permanently correct the issue.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:21 PM
WhosUrBuddiee
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by deepFlip
Mine was replaced, issue has not reoccured.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:22 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
What's the point keeping a defective seat when you can get it replaced under warranty? The more seats that are replaced under warranty the better chance Infiniti will permanently correct the issue.
My dealer said they would not replace this.

Yep seat bubble is normal along with dash curling and muffler rattle...
Old 01-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

I mean how bad is your seat bubbling to get it replaced? i mean i have a tiny one neat the bottom of the seat close to the back rest. some people are saying its normal with leather others are getting them replaced/mad. how bad are the bubbles that your needing to replace the seat?
Old 01-09-2010, 10:39 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Originally Posted by Tomiegunzz
My dealer said they would not replace this.

Yep seat bubble is normal along with dash curling and muffler rattle...
Unfortunately from what I've seen in the past, it's completely up to your dealer. Some dealerships will honor certain things while others won't. It's a shame that there is no consistency. If you normal dealership won't replace it under warranty, try another one if you have one somewhat close by. Good luck.
Old 01-10-2010, 04:30 AM
beerme986

there is already a huge thread about this in the interior section
Old 01-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Infiniti7
Registered Member

Is it that big of a deal if the seats do it after awhile i mean if you look at leather couches you see the same issues after people have been sitting in them for awhile. it doesn'r change the comfort of the seat at all. what do you guys think?
Old 01-10-2010, 02:53 PM
TomieG

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Infiniti7
Is it that big of a deal if the seats do it after awhile i mean if you look at leather couches you see the same issues after people have been sitting in them for awhile. it doesn'r change the comfort of the seat at all. what do you guys think?
I think people expect high quality material when people pay $40k for a grand touring sports car.

Quick Reply: Seat Bubbling..