Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Complaint about seats

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2009, 06:06 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Complaint about seats

Just wondering if I'm doing something wrong with the way I am going about trying to get my seats warrented. When I went to the dealership the last few times I complained about the way my leather seats look. They are not too bad, and for the most part look ok, there's just a few things I'm not happy about. First off my car doesn't even have 6,000 miles on it, and no one has ever sat in the back seats or even put anything on the back seats. Sometimes my girlfriend rides with me, and sits in the passenger seat ( I tried to get her to ride in the back, but she doesn't go for that) just kidding. So the passenger seat doesn't get much use either. On the passenger seat there's a small dent that you could feel on the bottom right side of the cushon ( the one thats raised up from the cushon where you sit) next to the passenger door. I could take a pic of it but it probably won't come out in the pic. And ofcourse the bottom drivers seat has some cracks and that bubble that others complained about before. The back seats have some cracks on the sides of them. I had just spoke with someone at consumer affairs, which I was directed to do from the service department manager to file a complaint and have someone from that department inspect the vehicle. The person from consumer affairs said that the dealership shouldn't have said that and no one from that department would be coming to see the car. He then put me on hold and contacted the manager and he said that the manager said that it's just normal wear and tear and that there's nothing else that he could do. So what the hell is the point of having this department if it's just my word against the dealerships. I just want a unbias opinion, from someone else besides the service departments since it all looks the same to them because they look at so many cars on a daily basis. Even though the guy at consumer affairs says he knows the manager personaly and familiar with the dealership. I also had a complaint about some imperfections in the paint as well. So what else can I do besides make a report with the BBB. The guy from consumer affairs recomended that I go to another dealership, but I think it would be the same b.s.
Side note: did anyone else get a card saying that there might be a defect in the airbag sensor of the passenger seat. I took mine in and they said it was fine. I just havn't seen any posts regarding this latest issue.
Old 01-28-2009, 07:25 PM
sonsofliberty

whoa mother fvcker pls some cliffs
Old 01-28-2009, 07:40 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
me too or me not. not sure this is long as hell
Old 01-28-2009, 07:42 PM
MarkM

I agree that the seats have issues. I weigh around 140 and am very good with getting in the seats- I never hit the side bolsters, etc. My car has about 1,000 miles on it and my drivers seat already had wrinkles on the side and there are two sizeable dents in the middle. If I wear cargo shorts, the seats look all wrinkly and the buttons stay imprinted on the leather. My friends even ask me what's wrong with my seats when they get out. We have a 335 in the family that has 22k miles on it and the seats look perfect. Oh well.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:18 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by sonsofliberty
what kind of stupid response is that
if your to lazy to read it then don't
I wrote all that down so people know whats going on
it takes a min. to read so what
next time I'll try to write it out like a Dr. Suess book so you could read it
how does that sound
Old 01-28-2009, 08:20 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by MarkM
I agree that the seats have issues. I weigh around 140 and am very good with getting in the seats- I never hit the side bolsters, etc. My car has about 1,000 miles on it and my drivers seat already had wrinkles on the side and there are two sizeable dents in the middle. If I wear cargo shorts, the seats look all wrinkly and the buttons stay imprinted on the leather. My friends even ask me what's wrong with my seats when they get out. We have a 335 in the family that has 22k miles on it and the seats look perfect. Oh well.
did the service department give you the same b.s. when you mentioned it to them
Old 01-28-2009, 08:25 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
I think it's awesome when clowns get on forums and don't like to read. That's just good stuff.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:30 PM
SFG37S

Yet another rocket scientist.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:39 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

He's an idiot.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:51 PM
sonsofliberty

whoa, sorry i don't have all the time in the world to read everything you guys gotta say. i'm kinda in iraq and only go on in whenever the time permits and i don't got all day ..kinda gotta run missions and **** too. no but it's cool you guys can bash some more if you'd like
Old 01-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Ivoidwarranties
Premier Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts
whoa, sorry i don't have all the time in the world to read everything you guys gotta say. i'm kinda in iraq and only go on in whenever the time permits and i don't got all day ..kinda gotta run missions and **** too. no but it's cool you guys can bash some more if you'd like
Thanks for serving, but if you don't have anything good to say just move on to the next thread. Stay safe and come home healthy.
Old 01-28-2009, 08:57 PM
Reed19x

Dealerships hate guys/girls like us who nitpick about everything, but hell we drive nice cars we wanna keep em nice! My seats have the same problems man. I don't put much in the back seats. The only thing I could think of would be if you take your car to get cleaned or something, the people doing the interior have to crawl in there and clean the back window? I don't know, it's all I could think of.

The leather does seem to be quite "loose" I guess, like leathery skin on a senior citizen, but I suppose that's normal. If it really bothers you that much, buy some RECARO race seats and be ZOMG FAST AND FURIOUS!!!! j/k. If you figure something out be sure to let us all know, I think quite a few people have complained about seat leather issues.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:01 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Haha, am I the only one that got a laugh out of sonsofliberty's first response? I thought it was funny

To the OP, which dealership did you go to? I've been to Cerritos and have gotten my seat fixed for the bubbling problem. Take a picture for us of your seat, maybe the bubble is really minor.

And take your car in for them to check your passenger airbag. That's what that recall letter you received in the mail is for.
Old 01-28-2009, 09:45 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

much love to ya for being there
but like I said
if you don't have time to read it then move on
I mean whats the point of posting a reply like that
anyway
stay safe
Old 01-28-2009, 09:49 PM
dannbla
LA G Club

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Haha, am I the only one that got a laugh out of sonsofliberty's first response? I thought it was funny

To the OP, which dealership did you go to? I've been to Cerritos and have gotten my seat fixed for the bubbling problem. Take a picture for us of your seat, maybe the bubble is really minor.

And take your car in for them to check your passenger airbag. That's what that recall letter you received in the mail is for.
hey whats up UCLA how you been
I take it to Santa Monica Infiniti
I wouldn't recomend them
and yeah I took my ride in already on the 9th for them to check out the sensor
and they said it was fine

Quick Reply: Complaint about seats