Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

OEM Spoiler & Rear Deck Panel Now Available

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 12:23 AM
Comatose

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats odd that you need to drill.. you'd think that the spoiler would reuse the existing holes that the chrome lip used to mount..

Anyway, anyone looking at selling their chrome lip (with hole for NAVI cam) for cheap?? please PM me!
Old 07-12-2008, 04:07 PM
nvrider

Originally Posted by Comatose
Thats odd that you need to drill.. you'd think that the spoiler would reuse the existing holes that the chrome lip used to mount..

Anyway, anyone looking at selling their chrome lip (with hole for NAVI cam) for cheap?? please PM me!
I thought the spoiler goes over the chrome. It's just double sided tape. Plus if you remove the chrome and install the OEM spoiler it could cause leaks so becareful when driving in the rain.
Old 07-12-2008, 04:18 PM
dezicartel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got mine installed and it came out perfect....looks exactly like it came straight from the factory....

it does not go over the chrome spoiler, you have to take the chrome piece off....for the unused holes, they give you plugs with the OEM spoiler, that will prevent leaking....I just got home right now and ran a hose over the spoiler and theres no leaking whatsover

as for the brake light, I have 4 of them now, 2 rear brake lgihts, 1 spoiler lamp, and 1 on the rear deck panel, and they all work...i was thinking of buying the kit to replace the rear deck panel, but after seeing all the lights on, it doesnt look bad at all...sort of sets it apart from the stock spoiler cars...

also in addition to double sided tape, you do need to drill holes, for clips to plug into...its not just the tape.

overall its awesome! no difference between this and the factory equipped car, except the additional brake lamp....
Old 07-12-2008, 06:38 PM
EZDozzit
No Soliciting

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by dezicartel
I just got mine installed and it came out perfect....looks exactly like it came straight from the factory....
Did you have yours installed at the dealer and if so, how many hours did they charge you?
Old 07-12-2008, 07:53 PM
dezicartel

Originally Posted by EZDozzit
Did you have yours installed at the dealer and if so, how many hours did they charge you?
dealer wanted 220 flat rate for the install

i got it installed from a local shop for $80
Old 07-12-2008, 07:54 PM
tundradcabtrd

i picked mine up today at riverside infiniti. i was thinking of installing it myself but after reading the instructions i might not. they charge 110 an hr to install....errr
Old 07-12-2008, 07:57 PM
dezicartel

itll probably run you 220 then...it took approx 1.5 hrs to install

i wanted to install it myself, but the directions discouraged me too...too much drilling using a hole saw
Old 07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
weave

^

A hole saw? I have installed tons of spoilers in my life and have yet to have to use a hole saw....how big are the required holes?

Can you post the install directions?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:00 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tundradcabtrd
i picked mine up today at riverside infiniti. i was thinking of installing it myself but after reading the instructions i might not. they charge 110 an hr to install....errr
can you pm me the price you got it for?
Old 07-12-2008, 08:01 PM
tundradcabtrd

yup thats why i rather get it installed. i gotta find a shop in socall to do it for me
Old 07-12-2008, 09:20 PM
dezicartel

Originally Posted by weave
^

A hole saw? I have installed tons of spoilers in my life and have yet to have to use a hole saw....how big are the required holes?

Can you post the install directions?
i threw away the directions with the box at the installers, but it was a 18 mm hole saw...

directions went something like:

disconnect battery
take out trunk panel
unclip chrome spoiler clips
drill new holes (my template pics earlier in the post show where to drill)
do some wiring stuff and reinstall camera
clip in spoiler
peel off tape, and stick it down

haha

maybe tundradcabtrd can take a pic and post the directions...
Old 07-12-2008, 11:19 PM
jtree007

Originally Posted by dezicartel

it does not go over the chrome spoiler, you have to take the chrome piece off....for the unused holes, they give you plugs with the OEM spoiler, that will prevent leaking....I just got home right now and ran a hose over the spoiler and theres no leaking whatsover

as for the brake light, I have 4 of them now, 2 rear brake lgihts, 1 spoiler lamp, and 1 on the rear deck panel, and they all work...i was thinking of buying the kit to replace the rear deck panel, but after seeing all the lights on, it doesnt look bad at all...sort of sets it apart from the stock spoiler cars...

also in addition to double sided tape, you do need to drill holes, for clips to plug into...its not just the tape.

overall its awesome! no difference between this and the factory equipped car, except the additional brake lamp....
Pictures????
Old 07-13-2008, 12:18 AM
EHUnlucky7x9

So i assume this is mostly for the G's w/o the Nav package? Is it possible to transfer the backup camera onto the new wing?
Old 07-13-2008, 02:59 AM
dezicartel

yeah, i have navigation and got the camera transferred...its for ppl w and w/o the navi...
Old 07-13-2008, 04:51 PM
dezicartel

pics after install

Originally Posted by jtree007
Pictures????
pics after install
Attached Thumbnails OEM Spoiler & Rear Deck Panel Now Available-cimg4994.jpg   OEM Spoiler & Rear Deck Panel Now Available-cimg4995.jpg  

Quick Reply: OEM Spoiler & Rear Deck Panel Now Available