Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Sports package without sports seats?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 12:39 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Why would you not want sport seats they are so much better. I'd have paid the extra money just for the seats! My uncle has a G37 too and he's pretty pissed he didn't get those seats!
Old 06-06-2008, 01:38 PM
amm1232710

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ill trade you!
Old 06-06-2008, 01:39 PM
08G

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Why would you not want sport seats they are so much better. I'd have paid the extra money just for the seats! My uncle has a G37 too and he's pretty pissed he didn't get those seats!

Yea the top reason I went with the sports package was for the seats. I love the thigh extensionfeature for long rides. I leave it extended all the time now. I also wanted the wheels and better/cooler looking brakes etc. But the seats were #1.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:11 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm not trying to **** on flames here or anything, but why is everyone bashing this guy?

wanting to change things should not only be accepted here, but loosely encouraged. i.e. changing suspension/wheels/lighting/hood/etc. the same could be said for those components.

if you really want the non-sport seats, you could most definitely get them swapped out at the dealership. most likely, though, they will charge you full price for the new non-sport seats and give you no money in return for the sport seats. a number of years ago, my dad bought a grand cherokee with cloth seats, hated them, then paid 1400 for leather seats to be installed in their place... anything is doable.

i will say, however, that the OP should wait a while before backlashing at an esteemed member here, but i think Blackjack went a little overboard.

PS. i L.O.V.E. my sport seats!
Old 06-06-2008, 02:36 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
I'm not trying to **** on flames here or anything, but why is everyone bashing this guy?

wanting to change things should not only be accepted here, but loosely encouraged. i.e. changing suspension/wheels/lighting/hood/etc. the same could be said for those components.

if you really want the non-sport seats, you could most definitely get them swapped out at the dealership. most likely, though, they will charge you full price for the new non-sport seats and give you no money in return for the sport seats. a number of years ago, my dad bought a grand cherokee with cloth seats, hated them, then paid 1400 for leather seats to be installed in their place... anything is doable.

i will say, however, that the OP should wait a while before backlashing at an esteemed member here, but i think Blackjack went a little overboard.

PS. i L.O.V.E. my sport seats!
I agree with ya finagle... Changing things aka modding is and will always be accepted. The thing we are tired of (and from the responses in this thead, I'm not alone) is people wondering if dealers will do it as part of the purchase and negotiating process... ie. I'll buy the car if you put non-sport seats in my sport G37. I mean I guess you can but having an expectation and attitude that the dealer should is no way to be. It's very childish and immature IMO. Do I think I went overboard? No. Time after time it's people like this that are out on the board bashing the car after they buy it because they think a G37 should have the same feature and act the same way as a Maybach or some car like that. My post was not a bash on the OP specifically, it was more of an expression of my frustration for the way potentials buyers and owners with unrealistic expectations are acting.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:24 PM
nogoodname
Banned

I agree with BlackJack, u can't negotiate for a car to trade seats for free.

Change the seats urself !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-06-2008, 05:20 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
I agree with ya finagle... Changing things aka modding is and will always be accepted. The thing we are tired of (and from the responses in this thead, I'm not alone) is people wondering if dealers will do it as part of the purchase and negotiating process... ie. I'll buy the car if you put non-sport seats in my sport G37. I mean I guess you can but having an expectation and attitude that the dealer should is no way to be. It's very childish and immature IMO. Do I think I went overboard? No. Time after time it's people like this that are out on the board bashing the car after they buy it because they think a G37 should have the same feature and act the same way as a Maybach or some car like that. My post was not a bash on the OP specifically, it was more of an expression of my frustration for the way potentials buyers and owners with unrealistic expectations are acting.
Fair enough.

i do agree about the dealer negotiation bit. that part seems foolish.
Old 06-06-2008, 09:51 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
People, I will post this in here because it regards the Sports Seats. The Sport seats are GREAT. As most of you know, I went on a road trip to New Mexico, Arizona, Southern Cali, and Las Vegas. I spent a lot of time sitting in my are especially the long 10-12 hr drive from Las Vegas to Colorado Springs and my A$$ did not regret it once. I was actually texting the person I hung out with in Southern Cali during the drive and she made a comment on how my backside was probably hurting from the drive. Until that time, I didn't even think about the seats. I was surprised at how comfortable the seats are. It is like sitting in a lazy boy.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:09 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Lazy Boy? It ain't that comfortable. I just like how it tightens around your body and the thigh extention.
Old 06-06-2008, 11:11 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
People, I will post this in here because it regards the Sports Seats. The Sport seats are GREAT. As most of you know, I went on a road trip to New Mexico, Arizona, Southern Cali, and Las Vegas. I spent a lot of time sitting in my are especially the long 10-12 hr drive from Las Vegas to Colorado Springs and my A$$ did not regret it once. I was actually texting the person I hung out with in Southern Cali during the drive and she made a comment on how my backside was probably hurting from the drive. Until that time, I didn't even think about the seats. I was surprised at how comfortable the seats are. It is like sitting in a lazy boy.
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Lazy Boy? It ain't that comfortable. I just like how it tightens around your body and the thigh extention.
No kiddin... there nice but no lazy boy... maybe Ill get Lazyboy to make us some seats... Ill be the first in line for that mod...LMAO!!!!
Old 06-07-2008, 12:22 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Diamond and Max, that was a form of exaguration... Geezz!!!! lol
Old 06-07-2008, 12:37 AM
RhiNoKiLL

I never asked to get my non-sports seats changed for "free". Of course it's not for free, why do you think I mentioned the thread where some dealer said they will install paddleshifters for $. I was simply asking if it is possible if I can pay extra to do it. So for 1 dealership I asked said no PERIOD. Not even if I paid for labor and non sport seats.

I'm not those spoiled immature brats that wants every little detail to be my way and bend the rules for me. I'm working hard to get this car and sports seats are GREAT for support, but it's just to cramped for me... so if you guys didn't assume I was one of the immature spoiled brats... you would have interpreted my thread as....Can I pay extra or somehow get non-sport seats with sports package...

Answers I was given so far... someone will trade me....finalge said I can get them swapped ( i hope so )
Old 06-09-2008, 12:39 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
RhiNoKiLL, the answer to your legitimate question is that there's no option to get the sports package from the factory w/o the seats. Your dealer certainly might swap them for the standard seats if they have another car with the same interior. Early on there were posts here where dealers tried 18's to see if they'd fit on the sports brakes. It's a competitive market plus a lot of Infiniti dealers seem to be pretty accommodating. The thing you should do is discuss it with your dealer.