Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Window Roll-Up... WTF!

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2008, 02:13 PM
Gyoza

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
+1 for nitpicking

every time I get out I have to manually close all 3 before turning the car off
Wait until he finds out that he has to put gas in it, MANUALLY!!! WTF!!!!!!!
Old 03-11-2008, 02:29 PM
RedlineSi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, incredible how lazy people are these days. All you have to do is touch 3 buttons for about 1 sec each....LOLZzzzz
Old 03-11-2008, 03:00 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Seems to me it's the people at Infiniti who are lazy. Although, in this case I think it's more of a safty issue.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:36 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by RPMsG37
Ok, I just read that you can use the key to roll up the windows by holding it in the driver side lock. Good to know.

Is there any other way without started the f***ing car??? I can't believe how lame this is. I have had the car for less than a day an I am already incredibly annoyed that every time I get in I have to roll down both windows and open the sun-roof, and then every time I get out I have to manually close all 3 before turning the car off. With so many automatic features, how did Infiniti mess this up so bad?

I know you can roll down windows by holding unlock (which is practically useless since I never take the thing out of my pocket anyway)... so why the f*** can't I roll up the windows and close the sub-roof by holding the lock button???

Really I would like all 3 windows to just auto-close as when the car is locked by remote or door button. Makes perfect sense to me... why would I ever want to lock the car and leave the windows down???

Also, I would love to have remote engine start so I can warm up the car/cabin on cold mornings from inside my house. Has anyone found a way to do that with some aftermarket add-on or something?

dude I can understand being upset about the car not having the auto unlock when parking and auto lock when beginning to drive like the Lexus IS - but this window thing is not really that much an issue. it's pretty typical to not have window roll-up.
Old 03-11-2008, 03:54 PM
xref

pms
Old 03-11-2008, 04:34 PM
YeahRightFoo

This is why you ask the dealer all your questions about the car (features, what is has what it doesn't) before you purchase the car.
Old 03-11-2008, 09:01 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you guys everthink of it in this way? Say you have a dog or a child in the backseat (my mom use to leave me in the car when she went and grabbed something) and now when you hit the lock button all your windows are closed and it is a hot day. Now you are in trouble either do to animal cruelity or child abuse. The child thing is pushing it I know but I see a lot of people who leave their dogs in their cars while they go into a store or something. This could be a major issue then.
Old 03-12-2008, 08:08 AM
gurneyeagle

Originally Posted by bboysteele
Did you guys everthink of it in this way? Say you have a dog or a child in the backseat (my mom use to leave me in the car when she went and grabbed something) and now when you hit the lock button all your windows are closed and it is a hot day. Now you are in trouble either do to animal cruelity or child abuse. The child thing is pushing it I know but I see a lot of people who leave their dogs in their cars while they go into a store or something. This could be a major issue then.
If that's the case, you shouldn't have bought a G37. An SUV would be more appropriate.

The car can't be all things to all people. Two door coupes are a compromise. You buy it for style, not practicality.

For me, that's why my other car is an MDX. I wouldn't attempt to go camping for the weekend with three other people in my G37. I CERTAINLY wouldn't let the wife take it to the grocery store!
Old 03-12-2008, 12:31 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

I think it's more that a kid could get their head closed in the window.

I've seen other posts where people have their windows roll down when their remote is activated in their pocket. Having the windows roll up unexpectedly would be kind of dangerous.

Ever notice that in newer vehicles you have to pull the window button up to close the window? That's because it's easy to step on them when kids are climbing out the window.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:14 PM
junyea

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
other than this: automatic roll up thru kptechnologies, has anyone installed the auto lock/open module from kptechnologies?
Old 05-11-2008, 01:27 AM
KPierson
Banned

I installed one (KPtechnologies Auto Lock) on an '08 G35 sedan but I haven't put one on a G37 yet.
Old 05-11-2008, 01:58 PM
MadLove

The laziness, audacity and self-entitlement of some people... is astounding.
Old 05-11-2008, 09:11 PM
joeposter
Registered Member

Originally Posted by MadLove
The laziness, audacity and self-entitlement of some people... is astounding.
You're referring to those lazy Infiniti engineers, right?
Old 05-11-2008, 09:21 PM
RPMsG37

Really lazy... how hard is it to design the window so it rolls up but auto-rolls down if someone pushes down on it?
Old 05-11-2008, 09:39 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Doesn't bother me one bit.

Quick Reply: Window Roll-Up... WTF!