B4 'n Afta The forum for posting your G's before and after pictures.

2008 Toyota Camry....HYBRID!

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 03:20 PM
philter25

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
2008 Toyota Camry....HYBRID!

So yea, not a BMW or Audi or Porsche, but a regular old camry.

My father in law had his car parked in a parking lot and a landscaping company was cutting down tree limbs, bushes, and blowing debris across the parking lot and did some serious damage to his car. There were about 2 dozen scratches on the hood ranging from 2 inches to 14.5 inches long, a handful on the sides of the car, and another dozen on the rear.

The landscaping company hired a detailer to "fix" his car but he only made it worse. The guy didnt properly clean the paint first and just pulled up to his house and started with his buffer. He just added more scratches and swirl marks.

So I had to fix his mess also, hence the total car polish.

Before:

Steps:

P21S total auto wash to degrease the car
2 bucket method with Megs Gold Class shampoo
Clay and lube with DI clay and Opt QD

3 step paint correction:

Megs M105 on orange pad on all the scratches
Menzerna Power Finish (PO203S) on Green Pad on entire car
Menzerna PO85RD finishing polish on black pad on entire car

Then a coat of Menzerna FMJ sealant

My father in law helped me following me around with the microfiber towels to buff out the excess polish, dry the car, and buff off the sealant so it saved me some time. Almost a 5 hour job.

After:

Overall, I love LOVE Megs M105. I was able to get a 90% paint correction. There were a few spots where the scratches went all the way through the paint which required touch up paint. I cant wait til I go through my Power Finish to pick up the M205. Hopefully that will make all jobs either a 1 or 2 step job.

I also recognize Im not the best at capturing scratches and the final finish. I have a 1 car garage and needed to do the entire job outside in 80 degree heat and the sun is very very reflective on his metallic paint. The scratches were very very deep and a TON of them. They pretty much covered the front hood. The pictures dont do the Megs M105 credit.
Old 08-09-2010, 03:24 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Great job man. And only 5 hours? Nice.

I personally love the M105/M205 combo. M205 would have made it a 2 step correction without a doubt.

Good job
Old 08-09-2010, 03:48 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Nice job, man!
Old 08-09-2010, 03:50 PM
DmfG37sTT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Me and my sister both got new cars at the same time. she ended up with a nissan altima (red) and just doesnt take care of it. im left to clean it any keep up with maintence. Ill show you some before and after pics whenever I can find them.