Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Review CompuStar Remote Start/DAS-II Security Sensor/DroneMobile

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2019, 06:38 PM
kicksdechris
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
CompuStar Remote Start/DAS-II Security Sensor/DroneMobile

So less than a week ago I had CompuStars Infiniti Remote Start System (DC3 + Ni5) installed along with the DAS-II security add on sensors. A few days later I added on the DroneMobile (LTE) added for smartphone control.

I’ve never done upgrades such as this and I have to say I’m really impressed with the ease of performance of the remote start. I’m happy to know that the T-harness used for this didn’t require any cutting or splicing of the OEM wiring. Its simply plug-n-play for the installer and really makes the chances of installation errors almost impossible.

Before I decided to go with CompuStar I did call some local authorized installers and they actually wanted to sell me the Viper System…it doesn’t use a T-harness (or at least the model they were trying to convince of) and said the remote start would be $1200..lol

The next installer I reached out to quoted me $550 for the Compustar Remote Start, 4 in 1 sensor and Drone Mobile and said it was better option over Viper for my vehicle. Seemed like a no brainer to me plus CompuStar seems to be a great company from what I’ve researched. Viper has been around forever but couldn’t justify the price and the installation is more evasive.

The add on security sensor, DAS-II, makes the oem alarm system more complete with alerts for tilt, glass breakage, impact and forward motion for manual transmissions.

The DroneMobile app offers 2 way alerts, start/stop, tracking, geofencing and a plethora of other options. A lot to list so I’m just including some screen shots from the app to give members a preview. It really makes integration with the car more “smart”

So after driving off after installation and doing more of my own homework, I discovered that the factory sensitivity settings for tilt, glass breakage and 2 stage impact were a little low for my liking so I had them adjust it making them more sensitive.

There is also a security feature that shuts off the engine after a remote start that I wasn’t aware of. I was triggering these shut offs when getting into my car and changing the gear. I usually just get in my car and hold down the pedal and change gears but this triggers a shut off on the engine. There’s a procedure that one must do to “take over” and allow normal shifting out of Park. This is for all vehicles that use a smart key so pay close attention to this.

After remote starting, the car remains locked (but running) until you approach and unlock it. From the time you unlock the vehicle you have about 45 seconds to initiate the “take over” or the vehicle shuts off. If you press and hold down the brake pedal after sitting down, it will also shut off…weird right??

So to initiate the “take over” you must depress the brake pedal once and release…do not hold down the pedal. After depressing, you can then push and hold the brake pedal down to switch gears out of Park as you normally would. This is only in cases where you use remote start. If you decide to not use remote start and unlock your car and start as usual, you don’t need to do this pedal procedure.

Overall, I’m super satisfied…honestly I think the experience and product has exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t be happier.

Keep in mind that the drone mobile and its functionalities are not free (after the first month). There are two different tiers. The basic is about $6/month and the Premium that has tracking, geofencing, etc. is about $12/month.

I’d love to hear what other members think of their Remote Start systems..show some love here!!

Old 07-21-2019, 08:36 PM
steveng37
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
I have the compustar remote start with the 2000ft range and 2 way remote. I live in Massachusetts, so it was a blessing in the winter. It's just as useful in the summer. I paid a little over 450 to have mine installed. It's been worth every penny.
The following users liked this post:
kicksdechris (07-21-2019)
Old 08-02-2019, 12:57 AM
MikeyMike510

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow, thank god. I thought I was SOL. I have a 2011 G37s with an Viper alarm and remote start that got installed when the car was new. The modules I think are crapping out. Remote start works 1/2 the time, my key isn't detected at times, and on a few occasions, the alarm would not disarm for some reason! I had to pull the battery! My system is old and I am sure the firmware on the modules is outdated/end of life.

May I ask you what phone do you have and are running the app on? If you hold the unlock key do your windows still roll-down?

The only thing I am worried about is how their support is when it comes to resolving issues through software, e.g. phone app crashes after an update, etc.

I think this is what I need to go for.
Old 08-02-2019, 05:10 AM
kicksdechris
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MikeyMike510
Wow, thank god. I thought I was SOL. I have a 2011 G37s with an Viper alarm and remote start that got installed when the car was new. The modules I think are crapping out. Remote start works 1/2 the time, my key isn't detected at times, and on a few occasions, the alarm would not disarm for some reason! I had to pull the battery! My system is old and I am sure the firmware on the modules is outdated/end of life.

May I ask you what phone do you have and are running the app on? If you hold the unlock key do your windows still roll-down?

The only thing I am worried about is how their support is when it comes to resolving issues through software, e.g. phone app crashes after an update, etc.

I think this is what I need to go for.
i have an iPhone 7+. All key fob functions still work like the window roll down. So far I haven’t had any issues like phone app crashes etc. things have been running pretty smoothly. There will be a major security upgrade with the app coming in about a week and there some details here

https://www.dronemobile.com/blog/aug...curity-upgrade

This will a great test to see how things perform after the update. I’ll update the thread after giving it a spin
The following users liked this post:
IPL Twin (08-06-2019)