Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Passenger Window Controls Reversed

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 11:56 AM
TheBird_dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Passenger Window Controls Reversed

Hey guys, I have an issue with my 2008 G37S coupe. The passenger window controls are reversed. Pulling the window switch up brings the window down. Pressing the window switch down brings the window up. On top of that the passenger window won't drop when I open/close door. I've searched the forums up and down and haven't found a thread with a similar issue. Looking for a potential solution, thanks in advance!
Old 05-23-2019, 03:32 PM
CJ1957
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Index windows

Not sure if this will solve your issue but have you re-indexed the window switches.

If not and your not aware of the process try this:

1. Get into your car on the drivers side with a key, close all doors and without pressing the brake or clutch pedal, depending on what type of transmission you have, push the start button twice. This will energize the whole car. Your instruments will light up.
2. From the driver side controls, push down slightly on the passenger side window switch and let the window go down no more than half way and stop it.
3. Next, pull up and hold the passenger side window switch to roll up the window all the way to the top making sure you hold the switch up for at least 10 seconds after the window reaches the top.
4. Push once on the start switch to shut down the car.
5. Now sitting in the passenger seat with all doors closed, push the start button twice again to energize the whole car and try the passenger window with the passenger door switch. Hopefully this fixed your issue.

If this did not fix your issue, try the same re-indexing procedure but this time from the passenger door window switch instead of drivers door switches.

Again, not 100% positive this will fix your issue but worth a try???

Old 05-26-2019, 03:53 PM
TheBird_dan

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Appreciate the response. Unfortunately this didn't work. Thanks anyways though!
Old 05-27-2019, 10:08 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by TheBird_dan
Hey guys, I have an issue with my 2008 G37S coupe. The passenger window controls are reversed. Pulling the window switch up brings the window down. Pressing the window switch down brings the window up. On top of that the passenger window won't drop when I open/close door. I've searched the forums up and down and haven't found a thread with a similar issue. Looking for a potential solution, thanks in advance!
has it always done this? or did it used to work normally and now its doesn't?..if it has always done it maybe the previous owner had the switch changed n wired it backwards...pull the switch and swap/resolder the pos and neg at the switch...good luck