Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bovee 1000 Tune2Air on 2012 G37 Journey

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2018, 05:08 PM
luster107
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bovee 1000 Tune2Air on 2012 G37 Journey

Hello all,

I recently ordered the Bovee 1000
here here
and the dockstubz +
here here
in hopes of getting Bluetooth streaming on my 2012 Non-nav journey.

However the usb port does not seem to recognize my Bovee 1000.

I am wondering if anyone has a similar setup and if so how did you get it to work?

Thanks
Old 11-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Londorh

I have a 2012 g37x sedan with bose and no nav and I tried the Bovee Bluetooth device as well. It didn't work for me at all and I ended up returning it. I purchased the grom wirelinq from grom audio for $50. It plugs into the usb in the center console and into the phone. I am using the note 8 so I purchased the usb c cable and it worked. It is not wireless but I was able to play music from tidal, spotify, and the device itself with little issues. All of the steering wheel controls worked as well and on the screen I had the Artist name, album name, and album title showing. Its a decent solution for the price. My only issues is sometimes getting it to connect when I first start the car. I may have to plug it in and unplug it twice on some occasions but otherwise it works well If you don't mind using a wire.
Old 11-11-2018, 03:14 AM
luster107
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Londorh
I have a 2012 g37x sedan with bose and no nav and I tried the Bovee Bluetooth device as well. It didn't work for me at all and I ended up returning it. I purchased the grom wirelinq from grom audio for $50. It plugs into the usb in the center console and into the phone. I am using the note 8 so I purchased the usb c cable and it worked. It is not wireless but I was able to play music from tidal, spotify, and the device itself with little issues. All of the steering wheel controls worked as well and on the screen I had the Artist name, album name, and album title showing. Its a decent solution for the price. My only issues is sometimes getting it to connect when I first start the car. I may have to plug it in and unplug it twice on some occasions but otherwise it works well If you don't mind using a wire.
Have you tried connecting the USB C to like a wireless receiver so you can stream wireless?
Old 11-11-2018, 04:06 AM
kon17
Premier Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I have an 09 G37S and purchased two Bovee 1000 and my G didn't recognize it so I gave up and purchased a bluetooth receiver and it has been working perfectly fine for me

Amazon Amazon
The following users liked this post:
B-diddy23 (04-20-2019)
Old 11-11-2018, 01:36 PM
Londorh

Originally Posted by luster107
Have you tried connecting the USB C to like a wireless receiver so you can stream wireless?
I didn't. Everything I looked at was hit or miss. I went with the wirelinq because the company I bought it from guaranteed it would work with the car. Before I bought it I would just load music on to my ipod and use that.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:19 AM
mven74
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by luster107
Hello all,

I recently ordered the Bovee 1000 here and the dockstubz + here in hopes of getting Bluetooth streaming on my 2012 Non-nav journey.

However the usb port does not seem to recognize my Bovee 1000.

I am wondering if anyone has a similar setup and if so how did you get it to work?

Thanks
I tried the Bovee. It was a waste of money. I'm currently using usa spec bluetooth that i got from crutchfield. I've been using it for a few months now. Sound quality is very good. I use google music, waze, pandora, etc. Only negative is to andvance music, i have to use the **** on the radio.
Old 11-18-2018, 10:37 PM
Londorh

If you don't mind, would you be able to post a link to what your using? I would like to check it out.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:04 PM
ross7778

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm also using the USA Spec.

It's a little pricey and takes about 30 minutes to install but it works perfectly. The sound is great too.

Amazon Amazon
Old 11-27-2018, 06:49 PM
jpowersjr2
Registered Member

Received 218 Likes on 194 Posts
Mine works . It is the one that connects to the factory iPod plug though (30-pin on the other end) on my '08 coupe with NAV.

While it's not perfect (sometimes takes several minutes to connect instead of instantaneously) mine has been a great investment. The sound quality is great and is still loud. I can deal with the small issues I have instead of messing with AUX/3.5mm.

Just my .02 cents.
Old 12-05-2018, 08:44 PM
emarciniak
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have an 08 g35 sedan so it might be abit different but I ordered the bovee 1000 and had no power over the 30 pin ipod connection. I bought a thing that was pretty much the same as the dock stubz.

Amazon Amazon

It's a 12v to 5v ipod adapter with micro usb for power. Without the extra usb for power I couldn't get rhe bovee to turn on.
Old 02-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Aaron Foster

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2
Mine works . It is the one that connects to the factory iPod plug though (30-pin on the other end) on my '08 coupe with NAV.

While it's not perfect (sometimes takes several minutes to connect instead of instantaneously) mine has been a great investment. The sound quality is great and is still loud. I can deal with the small issues I have instead of messing with AUX/3.5mm.

Just my .02 cents.

Which one do you have? Is it still working for you?
Old 03-17-2019, 03:30 AM
jcbone
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
My friend just purchased a 2010 G37 coupe with no nav and I wasn't aware the no navigation package only had the USB port for streaming. He also has an android phone so this should be the perfect solution. I'm assuming this will work as well for the 2010 model year with the USB port as well right? I have an 08 G37S coupe and bought the bovee because a fellow member recommended it and has worked perfectly for me with the IPOD pin input. Sucks that one doesn't work with the usb port or else I would recommend that one but the grom one looks like the best alternative for the price. Thanks!
Old 06-16-2022, 08:42 AM
Vqblu
Registered Member

Help :)

Hey could u provide where you bought your bovee?

Originally Posted by jpowersjr2

Just my .02 cents.
Old 06-16-2022, 06:12 PM
Zelf24
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Vqblu
Hey could u provide where you bought your bovee?
https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00T2EVK...v_ov_lig_dp_it
Old 06-16-2022, 07:41 PM
Vqblu
Registered Member

Didnt work

I actually bought that same one before (amazon says) and it didn’t work for me. Just wanted the exact place you got yours at but thanks for the reply!

Quick Reply: Bovee 1000 Tune2Air on 2012 G37 Journey