Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help 2012 G37x Sedan Premium w/ NO NAV...so no AUX and no Bluetooth Audio???

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 01:01 AM
lektrix
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2012 G37x Sedan Premium w/ NO NAV...so no AUX and no Bluetooth Audio???

Just bought an used 2012 G37x Sedan Premium w/ no nav, but it comes with Sunroof, upgraded Bose Speakers (I counted 10 speakers), Bluetooth calling, Backup Camera, Backup Sonar Sensors.

I assumed Bluetooth calling meant all Bluetooth activities would be enabled too but nada..... I assumed NAV meant "Navigation" as in GPS and having a PC guide you where to go but nada, it means Bluetooth audio system too...... I assumed there would be a reliable AUX PORT since there's a big AUX BUTTON but nada.......... even the 19 year old Honda I drove in had an AUX PORT on the aftermarket dash.....

What are my options now for audio streaming... because a search of these forums basically has a lot of people shaking their heads at a modern 2012 vehicle (only 6.5 years old) worth $45,000+ which doesn't contain basic audio/entertainment audio for enjoyment....... sigh!!!!
Old 09-28-2018, 01:35 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by lektrix
I assumed NAV meant "Navigation" as in GPS and having a PC guide you where to go but nada
I don;t understand what you mean by this?...Nav does mean GPS navigation

Bluetooth can jsut be calling or Bluetooth and A2DP (audio streaming)...if you have the nav you should have streaming capabilities for your year car

sounds like you don't have the navigation package

do you have a picture of the climate control/audio buttons on your car?....you can tell if you have navigation as you will have an extra row of buttons at the top left just below the infotainment screen

The AUX is inside the armrest console ...
Old 09-28-2018, 09:04 PM
lektrix
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
I don;t understand what you mean by this?...Nav does mean GPS navigation

Bluetooth can jsut be calling or Bluetooth and A2DP (audio streaming)...if you have the nav you should have streaming capabilities for your year car

sounds like you don't have the navigation package

do you have a picture of the climate control/audio buttons on your car?....you can tell if you have navigation as you will have an extra row of buttons at the top left just below the infotainment screen

The AUX is inside the armrest console ...
No Nav for sure....no gps settings or buttons as far as i can tell. Also the armrest only has a charger and usb port no real aux port. What good is a usb port other than for charging my phone??

If i get an usb to aux (headphone 3.5mm) cable for the car will i be able to play music off my phone???
Old 09-29-2018, 09:13 PM
lektrix
Registered Member

I've searched the forum for hours and hours and I'm really surprised that after 6 years there still appears to be no good, working, easy solution to stream or play music on this wonderful car. Just wow!!! The iPod solution wouldn't be so bad if it was still in the early 2000s and there were no such things as Spotify playlists lol.....
Old 09-30-2018, 08:25 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Also the armrest only has a charger and usb port no real aux port. What good is a usb port other than for charging my phone??
the USB port is for iPods or iPhones. you can get a used one of those fairly cheap, fill it with music, and leave it in the armrest.
if you like to stream music, go search - there are solutions. i don't stream music, so i don't know.

Old 10-01-2018, 12:59 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Landshark
the USB port is for iPods or iPhones. you can get a used one of those fairly cheap, fill it with music, and leave it in the armrest.
if you like to stream music, go search - there are solutions. i don't stream music, so i don't know.
Oh I wasn't aware it only worked with I phones, that is really odd, ihave the older one where it has RCA jacks, I plugged a $20 Bluetooth adapter into the armrest power outlet i with a USB Adapter and it pick up my phone seamlessly when I get in the car...I will say that the latest Android update for my phone (Oreo) does pick it up much faster
Old 10-16-2018, 11:47 PM
lektrix
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
Oh I wasn't aware it only worked with I phones, that is really odd, ihave the older one where it has RCA jacks, I plugged a $20 Bluetooth adapter into the armrest power outlet i with a USB Adapter and it pick up my phone seamlessly when I get in the car...I will say that the latest Android update for my phone (Oreo) does pick it up much faster
Can you please let us know which USB Bluetooth Adapter you used??
Old 10-17-2018, 07:41 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Can you please let us know which USB Bluetooth Adapter you used??
pretty much any of them ...
Amazon Amazon

you will also need a minijack to RCA adapter (this only works if you have the RCA jacks AUX input).

Old 10-17-2018, 09:20 AM
lektrix
Registered Member

No my 2012 non-nav has the usb port for ipod. No rca port or aux.
Old 10-18-2018, 12:44 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ipped-car.html do this.
Old 10-25-2018, 10:11 PM
ross7778

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
An iPhone or iPod will work with the USB port. If you don't have either, this is the only thing that works for bluetooth streaming:

Amazon Amazon

Anything else you try in the USB port either won't work or will have terrible sound and or lag. The USA Spec device takes some effort to install but it works great.
The following users liked this post:
Epiphany (03-24-2019)
Old 03-24-2019, 02:03 AM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 232 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by ross7778
An iPhone or iPod will work with the USB port. If you don't have either, this is the only thing that works for bluetooth streaming:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XUPP4TY/?coliid=IOEJWPGYOEGHH&colid=37P2QNMLR7O5Y&psc=0&re f_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Anything else you try in the USB port either won't work or will have terrible sound and or lag. The USA Spec device takes some effort to install but it works great.
Do this: https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ipped-car.html I've been using it daily for almost a year now. Only downside on my 2012 is my steering wheel control doesn't work to change the track I have to use the **** on the dash.