Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

2015 INFINITI Q40 4DR with crap audio

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 09:38 AM
operat0r
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry 2015 INFINITI Q40 4DR NONAV NO NAV with crap audio

Updated: Solved: The audio could use a dac or something nice but this will do. Not (DO NOT PLUG IN THE HARNESS WRONG ORDER OR YOU WILL BLOW AT LEAST 4 FUSES ) I had to swap out 3 in the passenger side and 1 for the rear lights on the IPDM E/R next to the battery in a #@$% spot.

pulled the pins and soldered a audio jack to them and fed it though the AC vent :

pin 1 - G : Satellite radio sound signal LH
pin 2 + R : Satellite radio sound signal LH
pin 3 - w : Satellite radio sound signal RH
pin 4 + b : Satellite radio sound signal RH

Reverence:
https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...ml#post4253485

/Q40/2015%20Q40/av.pdf pg 42 : https://rmccurdy.com/.scripts/downloaded/nicoclub.com/

NOT SOLVED 08/21/2019 : So I'm sick of this jank setup .. the software is wonky and works about 1/2 the time .. I have to ƒ@#$ with it for about 5-10 min every time I want to use it ... WIRELINQ is crap.. and I don't want the 600$ BT mod .. I just want AUX in !! I dont care if CD or SAT is spliced!

* NO I'm not using a Apple device ..
* NO I'm not going BT because its crap audio ..
* NO I'm not using MONO or anything like that (discord) because that's even worse then BT...
* NO I'm not using a FM Transmitter because that's just stupid its a 2015 car it should have AUX input ..

maybe I can hack it myself the issue is that the SAT is in the @$%$^ing trunk .. so I would have to find the wires that go to the trunk. I use a long speaker wire with alligator clips on it and a continuity tester (volt meter ) to hunt for it ...

Part No
2591a 1ma5e

Moddel No
cv-vn01e04d

"11 12 Infiniti G25 G37 Radio CD Player 2591A-1MA5E Bulk 711"

SOLVED 01/20/2018 : YAY ! this works and I dont have to have grap BT audio
2015 INFINITI Q40 NONAV ANDROID
IPOD WIRELINQ GROM-WLQ
Electop 2 Pack USB 2.0 A Female to USB Micro Female Adapter Converter
Wsken Mini2 Micro USB Magnetic LED Display Data Sync Fast Charge 3.28ft Cable for Android (Silver)

SOLVED .... SORT OF ... 01/01/2018: 2015 INFINITI Q40 NONAV ANDROID TO IPOD WIRELINQ GROM-WLQ

It works but 1) it's wired and 2) you have to remember to turn the phone off when you are done as this backup Android device is not my primary phone. Basically makes your Android look like a Iphone.It works with DSUB and also the switches on the car stearing wheel !

UPDATE: 12/27/2017: So it looks like Android <= Kitkat 4.4.4 is only supported ... so I guess I can use a old Android or the "smart usb" or get a new car lol ...

UPDATE 12/23/2017 :

Maybe my phone is just @#$% ? ill try my wifes android ... maybe that is why I have no found anything because there is no need for it !?

there is also this android USB cable that makes your android look like a apple )

https://gromaudio.com/store/accessor...converter.html
or something like this..

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...SB3-NIS02.html

but strange thing is the INFINITI site says android works ...

also

https://www.google.com/search?q=mono+router

----------------

Sup G's (see what I did there ? ). New to the forums here I done a few videos for my 03 Maxima on maxima.org but ...

So I got my Q40 assuming it had bluetooth audio or at least AUX in ...turns out no and not even the USB will play over my phone for what ever reason ...other then §@#% FM transmitter do I have any other options ? I am willing to put something behind
the current head unit but I want to keep the OEM one. Maybe some kind of XM transmitter I can plug into my phone AUX to push better quality ? or some kind of dongle I can attach to the current head unit for BT audio ?

Last edited by operat0r; 03-11-2021 at 10:25 AM.
Old 12-21-2017, 12:46 PM
ETrev
Premier Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
I'm not sure how you get your music. But like most people I know, you might not like the method I'm going to offer. I'll at least throw the idea out there for you though.

The USB interface on these cars can only recognize and playback media that is stored in your device's memory (not streamed music.)
If like myself, you actually own and have digital copies of all your music, (most people I know exclusively stream their music from radio apps nowadays) then you could just get a cheap iPod(or even a USB drive for that matter) and put all your music on there and use it through the USB interface. From there you control everything through the car, and the iPod itself will simply display an Infiniti logo on it's screen.
You could also just put the media directly on your phone. But if you have a lot of music, it'll just take up memory on your phone, which probably won't be able to hold even a fraction of it anyways.

As someone who likes owning my music and who also likes keeping it separate from my phone, this option works perfectly for me, and I wouldn't even consider doing it any other way. But I know that most folks love their radio and streaming these days, and treat actually owning music and iPods as archaic relics from the past.

Anyways OP, just giving you one option that works perfectly for myself. I'm sure someone else can chime in with another option. But anything else might involve installing some aftermarket component, which will cost you, and may or may not come with it's own set of troubles and consequences.
Old 12-21-2017, 01:16 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
When I first got my G37 I used a ipod touch I bought on Craigslist for like $50. It served its purpose for awhile. But i hated using iTunes and the whole process of getting new music to put on the iPod was annoying.

so I just use Bluetooth on my phone and stream music.

I would suggest you finding a cheap iPod touch to use
Old 12-21-2017, 02:07 PM
Melophile

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts
They have FM transmitters on Amazon for like ~$20.

The transmitter plugs into the 12v outlet. You connect your music device to the transmitter via Bluetooth. You find a radio frequency that isn't already being used and have the transmitter transmit to that frequency. Once everything is all set up, whatever you play on your music device will be played on the radio frequency you chose.

Can't really vouch for sound quality as I have no experience with one.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:23 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Melophile
They have FM transmitters on Amazon for like ~$20.

The transmitter plugs into the 12v outlet. You connect your music device to the transmitter via Bluetooth. You find a radio frequency that isn't already being used and have the transmitter transmit to that frequency. Once everything is all set up, whatever you play on your music device will be played on the radio frequency you chose.

Can't really vouch for sound quality as I have no experience with one.
sound quality is utter **** lol
Old 12-21-2017, 03:29 PM
HMG37
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Do you have the Premium package? My 12 G37x with Nav has no problem streaming local music, soundcloud, apple music, or Spotify. I use an iPhone fyi.
Old 12-22-2017, 12:32 AM
operat0r
Registered Member

Thanks for the replies!

Originally Posted by HMG37
Do you have the Premium package? My 12 G37x with Nav has no problem streaming local music, soundcloud, apple music, or Spotify. I use an iPhone fyi.
"Premium package" pfffft ... so lame .. I may take it apart to see if I can find RCA or hack some kind of AUX port for a BT transmitter ... this is total bull!@#$% and Infiniti should DIAF for making a car with no way to stream to phone at all ...

Any idea on what the spec for my head unit is ? If I can tap the audio some how I can rigg up BT transmitter and shove it in the dash some place ... or just get a new head unit that's not 1999 style..@#%ing clowns...

see my old post on my USB dump script for Linux
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/infin...mp-reader-card
Old 12-22-2017, 10:55 PM
JayDeePee
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by operat0r
Thanks for the replies!

"Premium package" pfffft ... so lame .. I may take it apart to see if I can find RCA or hack some kind of AUX port for a BT transmitter ... this is total bull!@#$% and Infiniti should DIAF for making a car with no way to stream to phone at all ...

Any idea on what the spec for my head unit is ? If I can tap the audio some how I can rigg up BT transmitter and shove it in the dash some place ... or just get a new head unit that's not 1999 style..@#%ing clowns...

see my old post on my USB dump script for Linux
https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/infin...mp-reader-card
Headunits on these cars can not be replaced. You may be able to tap into SAT radio for aux port access.
Old 12-23-2017, 04:22 PM
operat0r
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JayDeePee
Headunits on these cars can not be replaced. You may be able to tap into SAT radio for aux port access.
Maybe not easily lol but it's all computers ...

"- xm mod - xm radio wires cut and made into the audio input"

DIY: $1 AUX Input Hack! - Drive Accord Honda Forums

https://gromaudio.com/installs/infin...tallation.html

https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item...SB3-NIS02.html

not sure but these guys seem to think a 'smart' usb cable could work ..
https://gromaudio.com/store/all-wlq1mu_wlq1tc_.html

Last edited by operat0r; 12-23-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 12-23-2017, 11:10 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

I have a Galaxy S8 and it works fine.. I've had nothing but other android phones connected to my car and they all work fine. Never had a Apple phone connected to it..
Old 12-24-2017, 12:12 AM
operat0r
Registered Member

Originally Posted by qmantran
I have a Galaxy S8 and it works fine.. I've had nothing but other android phones connected to my car and they all work fine. Never had a Apple phone connected to it..
you Q40 nonav ? and are you using it as mass storage device or actually streaming audio from it ?
Old 12-24-2017, 02:23 PM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
Android doesn't work w/ non nav. Buy a iPhone and be done with it until you get another car. Or try the other options available. But, to me it seems like a new phone is easiest. But, even with a iPhone your still limited to streaming over USB only. No wireless!
Old 12-24-2017, 08:07 PM
operat0r
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kb Cool
Android doesn't work w/ non nav. Buy a iPhone and be done with it until you get another car. Or try the other options available. But, to me it seems like a new phone is easiest. But, even with a iPhone your still limited to streaming over USB only. No wireless!
Thanks Yah I got the wirelinq thing ... even tho my phone is magnetic charge .. (Wsken fyi best magnetic charger for phones
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCZB2KR/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MCZB2KR/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
) ill find a old android phone and use it ...
Old 08-21-2019, 09:57 AM
operat0r
Registered Member

BUMP I hate this!

maybe I can hack it myself the issue is that the SAT is in the @$%$^ing trunk .. so I would have to find the wires that go to the trunk. I use a long speaker wire with alligator clips on it and a continuity tester (volt meter ) to hunt for it ...

Last edited by operat0r; 08-21-2019 at 10:57 AM.
Old 09-11-2019, 10:18 AM
MrBarley
Registered Member

Did you go through with tapping into the XM wires after?

Quick Reply: 2015 INFINITI Q40 4DR with crap audio