Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

G37 clock spring help!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 05:38 AM
apexCarlos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G37 clock spring help!!!!!

Hello,

The buttons on my steering wheel & my horn went out. I know it's the clock spring and I have the replacement clockspring in my trunk. However, I can't find a tutorial anywhere on how to change it. Is there anybody who can link me to one? Or if you're in the SOUTH FLORIDA AREA, id be willing to pay you to change it for me.

My email is diazcarlos08@outlook.com for the quickest reply.

Thank you!
Old 07-01-2017, 08:12 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site Carlos, I'm going to move this to the electronic folder, hopefully you'll get some help with it.
Brad
Old 07-02-2017, 02:03 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
1. disconnect the battery
2. remove drivers airbag
3. remove steering wheel and pay attention to how wiring is routed or take a pic before removing the steering wheel fully
4. remove the upper and lower steering wheel trim covers
5. remove the screws that hold the clock spring/cable reel. the part may need to be pryed loose with a small pocket screwdriver
6. install the new part and if the part has a locking tab that centers the clock spring/cable reel remove it and do not go turning the clock spring after that as you will lose center position
7. install all components in reverse order and connect electrical wiring and connect battery
The following users liked this post:
blnewt (07-02-2017)