Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2014, 08:07 PM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
Looks good. What did you use the secure the tablet?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:19 PM
Jagnala

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I used woven nylon ribbon and some adhesive gasket material on the bottom as a spacer. Hopefully it's clear enough in the picture.
Attached Thumbnails How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7-20140623_182545.jpg  
Old 06-25-2014, 08:52 AM
Paratrooper

Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by Jagnala
I used woven nylon ribbon and some adhesive gasket material on the bottom as a spacer. Hopefully it's clear enough in the picture.

Finally we can build a group around this Nexus 7 install, liking the work you did, more advanced than mine for sure. Let me know how the small screen works out.
Old 06-27-2014, 12:21 AM
LooksLikeASport

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Jagnala
Looks good! Also, the 2 USB ports on the front look very clean as well.

Originally Posted by Paratrooper
Finally we can build a group around this Nexus 7 install, liking the work you did, more advanced than mine for sure. Let me know how the small screen works out.
I am glad more people are doing this too! I've been talking about this for months but still don't have all the pieces together. Last part I'm waiting on is a Weiya CV-04. Ordered one from ebay and the guy ended up never shipping it to me after a month of stalling and lying.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:34 AM
JakeG37

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by LooksLikeASport
Last part I'm waiting on is a Weiya CV-04. Ordered one from ebay and the guy ended up never shipping it to me after a month of stalling and lying.
Funny, I had the same thing happen to me, what was the sellers name? iza_gal2012? Please report this to ebay as I have already done. Clearly he/she is a scamming pos.
Old 06-29-2014, 12:24 PM
LooksLikeASport

Originally Posted by JakeG37
Funny, I had the same thing happen to me, what was the sellers name? iza_gal2012? Please report this to ebay as I have already done. Clearly he/she is a scamming pos.
That is the guy! I did report him and I got my money back as well; I hope you were able to get yours back.
Old 06-29-2014, 02:06 PM
JakeG37

That is the guy! I did report him and I got my money back as well; I hope you were able to get yours back.
I see one of the tracking numbers is now showing it on the move, but somehow I had ordered two of these, a week apart from each other. Not sure how I did that but whatever. I requested the one item with no tracking movement to be canceled. He/she has tried to tell me that they were using a USPS drop box and this caused many issues with his/her auctions. Not my problem, and doesnt change the fact I want to cancel the one item that had not shipped. Just had another issue with an item from Amazon (was a FBA) being lost in shipment. Never had so many issues ever and this all in the span of two weeks.
Old 06-29-2014, 03:23 PM
LooksLikeASport

I see one of the tracking numbers is now showing it on the move, but somehow I had ordered two of these, a week apart from each other. Not sure how I did that but whatever. I requested the one item with no tracking movement to be canceled. He/she has tried to tell me that they were using a USPS drop box and this caused many issues with his/her auctions. Not my problem, and doesnt change the fact I want to cancel the one item that had not shipped. Just had another issue with an item from Amazon (was a FBA) being lost in shipment. Never had so many issues ever and this all in the span of two weeks.
Yea...I ordered from him towards the end May, I think on the 28th or 29th. A week later, I never received word about the item having shipped so I messaged him. He didn't respond, so I messaged him AGAIN. Finally, he said it would be shipping out on Friday, June 6th. I didn't get a tracking number from him until the 10th. Another week goes by and the tracking number shows nothing. I had to message him several times before he responded. He said that the label got wet and the item never shipped after he dropped it off. After another week the shipping label still showed nothing after he apparently shipped it again (he assured me the tracking number would be the same). I opened a case against him with eBay and gave him a week to provide proof that the item had actually shipped, otherwise I would escalate the case. He told me to "trust him" (yea....right...). Still nothing so I escalated the case and someone from eBay I guess got in contact with him and looked at the order and the tracking number and our conversations and determined that I was in the right. They refunded the price of the item and the shipping that I paid for as well.

I thought that would be the end of it, but I have since received two messages from this guy on eBay saying something to the effect of, "I did send the package. When it gets there please either pay me or send it back!". The first time I got that message, the tracking number still showed nothing. As of yesterday though, it looks like something IS being shipped to me. Who knows what it is. I definitely won't be sending it back and I won't be paying for it. After wasting a month of my time, I'm done with this guy.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:14 PM
JakeG37

Yea...I ordered from him towards the end May, I think on the 28th or 29th. A week later, I never received word about the item having shipped so I messaged him. He didn't respond, so I messaged him AGAIN. Finally, he said it would be shipping out on Friday, June 6th. I didn't get a tracking number from him until the 10th. Another week goes by and the tracking number shows nothing. I had to message him several times before he responded. He said that the label got wet and the item never shipped after he dropped it off. After another week the shipping label still showed nothing after he apparently shipped it again (he assured me the tracking number would be the same). I opened a case against him with eBay and gave him a week to provide proof that the item had actually shipped, otherwise I would escalate the case. He told me to "trust him" (yea....right...). Still nothing so I escalated the case and someone from eBay I guess got in contact with him and looked at the order and the tracking number and our conversations and determined that I was in the right. They refunded the price of the item and the shipping that I paid for as well.

I thought that would be the end of it, but I have since received two messages from this guy on eBay saying something to the effect of, "I did send the package. When it gets there please either pay me or send it back!". The first time I got that message, the tracking number still showed nothing. As of yesterday though, it looks like something IS being shipped to me. Who knows what it is. I definitely won't be sending it back and I won't be paying for it. After wasting a month of my time, I'm done with this guy.
Yeah he just responded to me saying the same crap that he told you. I am going to escalate this with Ebay as well and maybe they will suspend this morons account. I dont plan on wasting my time returning anything either since this has been a huge inconvenience for me as well. My Nexus 7 project has been on hold for over a month and now work is taking up a lot of my time. By the time I get around to it, someone will come up with some stupid easy solution that will plug and play (ok, probably not but one can dream
Old 06-30-2014, 11:47 PM
LooksLikeASport

To anyone that has purchased a Weiya CV-04, where did you get it? I'm trying to find a reliable source.

Yeah he just responded to me saying the same crap that he told you. I am going to escalate this with Ebay as well and maybe they will suspend this morons account. I dont plan on wasting my time returning anything either since this has been a huge inconvenience for me as well. My Nexus 7 project has been on hold for over a month and now work is taking up a lot of my time. By the time I get around to it, someone will come up with some stupid easy solution that will plug and play (ok, probably not but one can dream
Checked on that tracking number today...of course it was total bull****. The one he gave me now says that it was delivered. It was delivered to the same place that it shipped from. Have you checked the number he gave you lately?
Old 07-01-2014, 12:49 AM
Roland958

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Also got issue with the eBay seller.

Got my money back but wasted almost 3 weeks of waiting.

I found this site and bought from here.

https://www.jammaboards.com/

Got my item with no issue.
Old 07-01-2014, 05:21 PM
LooksLikeASport

Originally Posted by Roland958

Thanks for the info. I saw jammaboards as well but ended up going with eBay on my first try. Just made an order today on Jamma so hopefully that will come through like yours did.
Old 07-02-2014, 11:04 PM
JakeG37

Originally Posted by Roland958

Thanks for the info. I just checked my Ebay tracking info and it says delivered June 30... Trenton, NJ... problem is, I live in Tampa, FL. This *** clown needs to have his account banned by Ebay.
Old 07-03-2014, 09:49 AM
blazeplacid

Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts
minor updates

I have purchased a 2012 32GB Nexus 7 from Amazon for $90 shipped. It's used but looks almost new.

Nexus 7 - $90
Amazon usb hub - $7
Behringer UCA 202 DAC - $25
15' optical cable $11
OBDII Mini bluetooth adapter - $11
Total - $144 so far

Im running the timur usb rom. It works great with the ignition switch off/on function.

My only major problem is that the Nexus wont charge from the lighter port. It will keep the tablet at its current level but it will not charge it. I have turned off all the wake up alarms and removed all the extra apps I will never use. I still get 7-10% battery loss over night.
Any ideas?

Also, if you have even a decent set up, I HIGHLY recommend using a DAC. The headphone out from the DAC sounds much better than the Nexus headphone out. Well worth the money.
I'm using the optical out. Its feeding my Audison Bit ten. The optical connection really makes all the details sound their best. Anothergood part about the DAC is the RCA output. The DACs RCA out will provide a clean signal to your amps. This way you can run an amp from the DAC/Nexus 7.

Here are a few pics of what I have so far.

Name:  20140702_173239_zpsxdztjyaq.jpg
Views: 909
Size:  65.0 KB

Name:  20140703_072006_zpsfcyg4mqs.jpg
Views: 891
Size:  84.4 KB

Name:  20140703_072017_zpsflhekczu.jpg
Views: 914
Size:  63.7 KB
Old 07-06-2014, 04:20 PM
Roland958

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Can anybody please show us in detail how CV04 is wired (photo would be great!!). Just need a picture on CV04 wiring where it was spliced or tap into for both ends. Also, anybody have a diagram for a 09 sedan Bose w/o navigation I know chrismich provided one but my wire colors looks different from what he's got.

Thanks in advance...

Quick Reply: How I displayed the Stock Screen on a Nexus 7