Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

play music through bluetooth on g37

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 11:32 AM
blackfunk
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Use this. There's no ID info but it gets the job done.

Amazon.com: Mpow® Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock and 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker: Computers & Accessories Amazon.com: Mpow® Bluetooth A2DP Music Audio Receiver Adapter for Bose Sounddock and 30-Pin iPod iPhone Dock Speaker: Computers & Accessories
Old 12-04-2013, 04:22 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
I recommend:

Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Electronics Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Electronics

Forward and back buttons + mic + middle button that can activate siri or pause music.
Old 12-05-2013, 08:48 PM
TheradicalO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they sell 30 pin bluetooth adapters at FRYS electronics but dont know all the functions that will work with it
Old 12-05-2013, 10:05 PM
Jmorales5922

Originally Posted by blackfunk

My 2010 G37 does not come with an aux or RCA inputs, I only have a USB port and the cigarette jack. So if I attach this to an old iPhone 30 pin cable and then attach into the USB port it should work fine in my car?

Thanks for all the help! I have a samsung galaxy note 3 and since I got the car 2 months ago I've been stuck just listening to XM lol
Old 12-06-2013, 02:49 AM
Deathscythe

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I recommend:

Amazon.com: Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth Hands-Free Car Kit for Cars with Aux Input Jack (3.5 mm) - supports aptX: Electronics

Forward and back buttons + mic + middle button that can activate siri or pause music.
I second this recommendation. Just got mine from Amazon today and tested it out. Works great. My '07 G35x has RCA inputs, so I have to use a 3.5mm female to RCA male adapter. Music streams perfectly (though I may need a ground loop isolator to get rid of that faint humming noise when there's silence), and voice commands/calls etc. work great as well.

I use a Nokia Lumia 920 WindowsPhone, and the button on the bluetooth puck works fine with it - able to start/stop/skip tracks, and long-press activates voice command.

Paired with the Nokia CR-200 qi-wireless car dock, I now I have a fully wireless solution for charging and music
Old 12-06-2013, 01:40 PM
cruzmisl

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Deathscythe
I second this recommendation. Just got mine from Amazon today and tested it out. Works great. My '07 G35x has RCA inputs, so I have to use a 3.5mm female to RCA male adapter. Music streams perfectly (though I may need a ground loop isolator to get rid of that faint humming noise when there's silence), and voice commands/calls etc. work great as well.

I use a Nokia Lumia 920 WindowsPhone, and the button on the bluetooth puck works fine with it - able to start/stop/skip tracks, and long-press activates voice command.

Paired with the Nokia CR-200 qi-wireless car dock, I now I have a fully wireless solution for charging and music
I forgot to mention that I did buy the ground loop isolator that Amazon recommends with this. It got rid of the hum on my car and my sister's Lexus (she bought the same setup).
Old 12-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Jmorales5922

Originally Posted by Jmorales5922

My 2010 G37 does not come with an aux or RCA inputs, I only have a USB port and the cigarette jack. So if I attach this to an old iPhone 30 pin cable and then attach into the USB port it should work fine in my car?

Thanks for all the help! I have a samsung galaxy note 3 and since I got the car 2 months ago I've been stuck just listening to XM lol
Bump! Anyone can confirm that this will work?
Old 12-07-2013, 02:38 AM
Deathscythe

Originally Posted by cruzmisl
I forgot to mention that I did buy the ground loop isolator that Amazon recommends with this. It got rid of the hum on my car and my sister's Lexus (she bought the same setup).
Awesome, good to know! Thanks
Old 06-02-2014, 10:49 PM
jms515

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does anyone know if Kinovo is better than Mpow? Kinovo is more than twice price.

How do you control music? Just from phone? (I think the answer may be related to my first question but just trying to clarify)

Thanks.
Old 06-07-2014, 12:17 AM
WhiteSkyline

that's rad
Old 06-07-2014, 12:37 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by jms515
Does anyone know if Kinovo is better than Mpow? Kinovo is more than twice price.

How do you control music? Just from phone? (I think the answer may be related to my first question but just trying to clarify)

Thanks.
I do know kinivo works flawlessly and the sound quality is top notch. I stated in another thread that it sounds better and louder than the supplied factory 30 pin connection. I didn't add the ground loop and I have no problem with noise interference. I don't use the Bluetooth puck. I stow everything in the clamshell and use Siri through the car stereo and mic to operate all apps and playlists.
Old 12-04-2014, 12:15 AM
Zod

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just wanted to post here to thank everyone that put out recommendations on the best Bluetooth adapter for our cars, and to help out anyone now looking at this thread for wireless voice/music solutions.

After looking on amazon and reading recommendations here I was going to pull the trigger on the
Kinivo Kinivo
(after considering HomeSpot NFC and the older Mpow units). Right up until while skimming through Amazon I saw that Mpow just came out with a new
updated unit updated unit
that looks exactly like the Kinivo.

It's basically an exact clone of the Kinivo, this time with AptX tech. However, with this unit you can connect two Bluetooth devices at the same time, they can both be used simultaneously with calls and won't cancel each other out. Also, this unit comes with a USB cable for power, that comes included with a Cigarette port adapter (it can be detached). This is a great feature and something I wished the Kinivo had because I already have a nice 3 port USB adapter in my car and wanted a way to keep using that. It also sports a magnetic base for the unit itself which can detach from wherever you choose to tape it to on your car.

Note that they also do recommend buying the
Ground Loop Noise Isolator Ground Loop Noise Isolator
for optimal use and sound quality as other posters mentioned above.

I will be getting mine in the mail in the next few days and if there are any major issues with this unit I will make sure to update this post.
Old 12-04-2014, 02:06 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
thumbs up. i am considering this.
Amazon.com: LAYEN® i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver Adapter. With aptX for Superior Sound Quality! Stream Music Wirelessly from your Phone / Tablet / iPod / PC etc to Docking Station, Speakers, Stereo, Bose, Pure, Klipsch, B&W, JBL etc!: Electroni Amazon.com: LAYEN® i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver Adapter. With aptX for Superior Sound Quality! Stream Music Wirelessly from your Phone / Tablet / iPod / PC etc to Docking Station, Speakers, Stereo, Bose, Pure, Klipsch, B&W, JBL etc!: Electroni

I tried a similar device a few years back that supported only a2dp, which sounded horrible. this is aptx and connects directly to the factory iPod jack.
Old 12-05-2014, 11:57 AM
teefar

30 pin bluetooth adapters?? I had no idea! Thanks for this post.
Old 12-05-2014, 02:10 PM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by speedracer g37
thumbs up. i am considering this. Amazon.com: LAYEN® i-DOCK Bluetooth 4.0 Music Receiver Adapter. With aptX for Superior Sound Quality! Stream Music Wirelessly from your Phone / Tablet / iPod / PC etc to Docking Station, Speakers, Stereo, Bose, Pure, Klipsch, B&W, JBL etc!: Electroni

I tried a similar device a few years back that supported only a2dp, which sounded horrible. this is aptx and connects directly to the factory iPod jack.
Curious about this device. Is it for iPhone only?

Quick Reply: play music through bluetooth on g37