Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help G37x iPhone iOS7 Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2013, 08:53 AM
gbpack1997

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
iOS7 Bluetooth - Can't Skip Music Tracks

Picked up my new 2013 G37x sedan (w/ premium & nav) yesterday.

I was able to successfully pair my iPhone for music via bluetooth, but am unable to use the steering wheel and dash controls to skip tracks within any of the music apps.

When I test drove a different vehicle 2 weeks ago, the salesperson connected my phone and everything worked perfectly, including the controls to skip tracks. Now it doesn't, and the only change I can think of is I upgraded my phone to iOS7 during those two weeks.

Anyone else experiencing this issue, or have any suggestions?

Last edited by gbpack1997; 09-27-2013 at 09:20 AM. Reason: change title
Old 09-27-2013, 10:17 AM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by gbpack1997
Picked up my new 2013 G37x sedan (w/ premium & nav) yesterday.

I was able to successfully pair my iPhone for music via bluetooth, but am unable to use the steering wheel and dash controls to skip tracks within any of the music apps.

When I test drove a different vehicle 2 weeks ago, the salesperson connected my phone and everything worked perfectly, including the controls to skip tracks. Now it doesn't, and the only change I can think of is I upgraded my phone to iOS7 during those two weeks.

Anyone else experiencing this issue, or have any suggestions?
Did you try removing the pairing for your IPhone to My Car and repairing it?
Does your I Phone have the same name after the upgrade?

Telcoman
Old 09-27-2013, 10:31 AM
gbpack1997

Originally Posted by telcoman
Did you try removing the pairing for your IPhone to My Car and repairing it?
Does your I Phone have the same name after the upgrade?

Telcoman
The pairing was done yesterday at the dealership when I picked up the new vehicle. The phone was never paired with this vehicle while it had iOS6. I will try to remove and reinstall but not hopeful that will work.

As far as I know, the phone has had the same name since I got it.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:47 AM
Snowlancer2720

Originally Posted by gbpack1997
The pairing was done yesterday at the dealership when I picked up the new vehicle. The phone was never paired with this vehicle while it had iOS6. I will try to remove and reinstall but not hopeful that will work.

As far as I know, the phone has had the same name since I got it.
I had a similar issue when I upgraded to the 5s, you have to pair the phone for both phone and audio.. It's like a two step process.. I first deleted the set phone in the car then paired for Bluetooth phone then went back and did the audio and it works flawlessly now
Old 10-02-2013, 08:20 AM
gbpack1997

Originally Posted by Snowlancer2720
I had a similar issue when I upgraded to the 5s, you have to pair the phone for both phone and audio.. It's like a two step process.. I first deleted the set phone in the car then paired for Bluetooth phone then went back and did the audio and it works flawlessly now
I have deleted my phone and reconnected several times, for both phone and audio, and still doesn't work. Bluetooth connects and I'm able to play the music through the car speakers, just can't use the play/pause/skip functionality in the car.

I'm beginning to think either Apple or Infiniti needs to make some adjustments to firmware for this functionality to be restored.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM
gbpack1997

Resolved!

FYI, I was able to resolve this issue based on a suggestion located in another online forum (can't remember which one to give credit). I performed the following steps:

1. Under Settings/Control Center, turn off both options.
2. Perform a hard reset of the phone.
3. Under Settings/Control Center, turn both options back on.

Simple as that, and now everything works perfectly, including the steering wheel controls.