Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Help iPhone 5 problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 09:19 AM
Sarcastik

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've never had an issue I have an 09 sedan and an 08 coupe and they pair everyday without issue, calls an siri are fine on iphone 5
Old 12-08-2012, 01:51 AM
BeefMaster

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sarcastik
I've never had an issue I have an 09 sedan and an 08 coupe and they pair everyday without issue, calls an siri are fine on iphone 5
Well pairing isn't the issue, mine pairs fine. The problem is that the phone call doesn't go straight to bluetooth after picking up. I have to manually go to my cellphone and press the "My Car Bluetooth" button for it to transfer, which really defeats the purpose of bluetooth.
Old 12-08-2012, 02:42 AM
quakerroatmeal
Registered Member

Received 97 Likes on 79 Posts
Seems to be an issue with 2010+ models
Old 12-13-2012, 02:31 AM
BeefMaster

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
I checked with Infiniti. They said they will release one soon but do not know when -_-
Old 12-18-2012, 08:17 PM
ASG37S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same issue here with my iPhone 5, my 4 never had any issues.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:10 PM
tech7

I hear a lot of ppl complain of this matter unfortunately I've learned that when you have newish technology talk to something that's a little outdated there will always to be issues ....just because the phone pairs to the car doesn't mean it will work flawlessly ...I know there are some phones Infiniti is testing and hopefully they release some sort of update to repair this issue
Old 12-19-2012, 11:37 AM
Chicago Beers

I spoke with my local dealership and they said an update for the 2012 would be released in the coming weeks. It was a known apple issue (according to Infiniti) and they were working together on the fix.
Old 12-24-2012, 10:52 AM
HeelsMJ

I have a 2013 coupe I just picked up Wednesday and I am having the same issue. I am a computer engineer and have researched this issue and it is not an Infiniti issue. There is a problem with the Bluetooth chipset in the iPhone 5 Apple is aware if this and is if affecting just about every car. Just Google iPhone 5 Bluetooth issues. They are rampant and cover all kinds of different cars and devices. All we can hope for is Apple fixes it in an update.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:20 PM
clayjk

Originally Posted by HeelsMJ
I have a 2013 coupe I just picked up Wednesday and I am having the same issue. I am a computer engineer and have researched this issue and it is not an Infiniti issue. There is a problem with the Bluetooth chipset in the iPhone 5 Apple is aware if this and is if affecting just about every car. Just Google iPhone 5 Bluetooth issues. They are rampant and cover all kinds of different cars and devices. All we can hope for is Apple fixes it in an update.
From my research I have seen the same thing, that it is a issue with the iPhone 5 BT chipset so the fix would be with a iOS update. I have also started seeing posts from people that have the latest developer preview (beta 3) of iOS 6.1 that are reporting the issue is now fixed for them.

No official word on when iOS 6.1 will be released but most are speculating it will be sometime in January 2013.

Guess we'll just have to hold our breath and keep our fingers crossed for a couple more weeks.
Old 12-29-2012, 11:04 PM
bsbrady

Just following thread
Old 01-09-2013, 03:50 AM
tman

I have Iph5 ios 6.0.2 2012 G37sX NAV. When answering incoming calls, I cannot hear the caller, but the caller can hear me. I hang up and call the person back. 2 way call seems to work ok. So yes there is a problem. In fact, I did not have this problem since updating to ios 6.0.2.
Let us know when someone finds or hears a resolution.

Last edited by tman; 01-09-2013 at 11:44 AM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:03 PM
clayjk

Latest word on the Apple support forums for this issue is that Infiniti is releasing a nav update by the end of January.
https://discussions.apple.com/thread...t=330&tstart=0

Just received the following e-mail from Infiniti

Thank you for contacting Infiniti and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance. We are sorry to hear about the iPhone 5 connectivity concerns that you are currently experiencing.

You may experience the following:
1) Answer incoming call. Call connects. Caller can hear me but you cannot hear the caller.
2) Answer incoming call. Call connects. You cannot hear the caller and the caller cannot hear you.

Your Infiniti retailer will be provided with a software update to correct the concerns described above (in vehicles with navigation) by the end of the month of January. Please contact your Infiniti dealership for an appointment to have the software update performed on your vehicle.

If you have any additional concerns or comments, please feel free to send us another e-mail or contact our Consumer Affairs department directly at 1-800-662-6200 (Option 7).

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to be of service.

Sincerely,

Infiniti
Old 01-11-2013, 02:27 PM
tman

Do dealers charge for these updates? Never had it done before.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:55 PM
bsbrady

Having the same issue, sent an email to infiniti and got back this email:

Thank you for contacting Infiniti and allowing us the opportunity to be of assistance. We are sorry to hear about the iPhone 5 connectivity concerns that you are currently experiencing.

You may experience the following:
1) Answer incoming call. Call connects. Caller can hear me but you cannot hear the caller.
2) Answer incoming call. Call connects. You cannot hear the caller and the caller cannot hear you.

Your Infiniti retailer will be provided with a software update to correct the concerns described above (in vehicles with navigation) by the end of the month of January. Please contact your Infiniti dealership for an appointment to have the software update performed on your vehicle.

Spoke to the service department today and they told me they received the bulletin and should be getting the CD in 3 to 4 days.
Old 01-14-2013, 05:00 PM
tman

Is there a reference number for this update? Wonder if the service dept will need this info since there are more than one updates for all cars. Please pass on the Bulletin #. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Help iPhone 5 problems