Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Anyone using HKS CAMP 2 Engine Monitor?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2011, 01:35 AM
dal1307

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Anyone using HKS CAMP 2 Engine Monitor?

I have dug around with the search tool until my head hurts and I have yet to find any reviews on this system. Does anyone have any they would like to share on the CAMP 2 or other systems?

Thanks in Advance!
Old 01-31-2011, 02:02 AM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have the camp 2 what would you liek to know?
Old 01-31-2011, 03:08 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
LOL Dal.... I think Weiboy is running HKS Camp 2 too (or maybe it's Blitz, i forget) ... but Shumby is definitely a good guy to ask about stuff like this!
Old 01-31-2011, 09:40 AM
dal1307

Originally Posted by shumby
I have the camp 2 what would you liek to know?
Shumby,
Did you install yourself and if so, what was the difficulty level? Do you have any of the optional sensors? How do you like the system and what are the good and bad points about it?

Thanks,
Dave
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 AM
dal1307

Originally Posted by GraphiteG37S
LOL Dal.... I think Weiboy is running HKS Camp 2 too (or maybe it's Blitz, i forget) ... but Shumby is definitely a good guy to ask about stuff like this!
Yeah, he is the one that got me started looking at these LOL! I plan to hit him up for info also.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:26 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dal1307
Yeah, he is the one that got me started looking at these LOL! I plan to hit him up for info also.
Oh man! I better STFU hahaha!

Yes, I'm running the hks camp2, I only got 3 optional sensors hooked up to It which is oil temp, oil pressure and boost. The sensors are not easy to tap into our car's. I had to buy a oil pan spacer and tap the oil temp there, had to get a oil distribution adapter from GTM and tap it from the stock oil pressure sensor for the hks pressure sensor to work. The boost was easy, just tap it into a manifold vac line lol.

There's 2 more sensors which is egt(exhaust gas temp) and fuel pressure which I don't have. You have to tap the egt into your headers to get an accurate reading. I'm not sure where to tap the fuel pressure at tho. ALso, the hks camp2 cannot support AFR. Gotta get a either a single air/fuel gauge or if you're a baller get the hks afk knock amp LOL.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:31 AM
dal1307

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
Oh man! I better STFU hahaha!

Yes, I'm running the hks camp2, I only got 3 optional sensors hooked up to It which is oil temp, oil pressure and boost. The sensors are not easy to tap into our car's. I had to buy a oil pan spacer and tap the oil temp there, had to get a oil distribution adapter from GTM and tap it from the stock oil pressure sensor for the hks pressure sensor to work. The boost was easy, just tap it into a manifold vac line lol.

There's 2 more sensors which is egt(exhaust gas temp) and fuel pressure which I don't have. You have to tap the egt into your headers to get an accurate reading. I'm not sure where to tap the fuel pressure at tho. ALso, the hks camp2 cannot support AFR. Gotta get a either a single air/fuel gauge or if you're a baller get the hks afk knock amp LOL.
Thanks for the information Weiboy, this is what I was looking for. I could not remember which gages you were running. It sounds like some of the extra sensors are a PIA to install. I will keep saving my pennies and maybe get serious about gages this summer.

Shumby if you have anything to add I would still appreciate hearing from you, or anyone else also.
Old 01-31-2011, 10:47 AM
Weiboy718

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dal1307
Thanks for the information Weiboy, this is what I was looking for. I could not remember which gages you were running. It sounds like some of the extra sensors are a PIA to install. I will keep saving my pennies and maybe get serious about gages this summer.

Shumby if you have anything to add I would still appreciate hearing from you, or anyone else also.
No problem, I don't think you'll hear anything from shunby anytime soon cuz he's getting raped in Russia as we speak hahaha.

But yeah, the sensors are a pain and should be left for the pro's to mess with. I'm sure your shop can do It no problems. One more thing to add is do you want to be able to listen to music while watching your gauges? There's this module that is available for our car that bypass your factory screen and enables you to do that. Best of all is You don't have to splice into your factory wirings. I have all that info for you when you're ready. Shumby done it, Frank done it also. Both got no complaints and loving it
Old 01-31-2011, 11:26 AM
dal1307

Originally Posted by Weiboy718
No problem, I don't think you'll hear anything from shunby anytime soon cuz he's getting raped in Russia as we speak hahaha.

But yeah, the sensors are a pain and should be left for the pro's to mess with. I'm sure your shop can do It no problems. One more thing to add is do you want to be able to listen to music while watching your gauges? There's this module that is available for our car that bypass your factory screen and enables you to do that. Best of all is You don't have to splice into your factory wirings. I have all that info for you when you're ready. Shumby done it, Frank done it also. Both got no complaints and loving it
I would definitely want to be able to listen to music while displaying the gages. I will hit you guys up for info when I get ready to pull the trigger.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:25 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
If your just wanting some gauges to monitor look at the PLX Kiwi Wifi. I have it for my iPhone and it works great. It shows everything from engine rpm, to intake temp and coolant temp, to a/f ratios. Pretty much the only thing it doesn't monitor that I wish it would is engine oil temp. I have a windshield mount for my iphone and just put it right under my rear view mirror and it works great. They also have a bluetooth version for the droid phones too.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by wakeboardr116
If your just wanting some gauges to monitor look at the PLX Kiwi Wifi. I have it for my iPhone and it works great. It shows everything from engine rpm, to intake temp and coolant temp, to a/f ratios. Pretty much the only thing it doesn't monitor that I wish it would is engine oil temp. I have a windshield mount for my iphone and just put it right under my rear view mirror and it works great. They also have a bluetooth version for the droid phones too.
Do you have to connect through WiFi on the iPhone or is connected through Bluetooth??

Dal, I think Wei also has a video somewhere here on the forums of him using his bypass to view his gauges and listen to music at the same time... I forget which thread it's in though.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:49 PM
dal1307

Do you have to connect through WiFi on the iPhone or is connected through Bluetooth??

Dal, I think Wei also has a video somewhere here on the forums of him using his bypass to view his gauges and listen to music at the same time... I forget which thread it's in though.
Thanks guys. The phone option is kind of interesting. My only problem there is that I use a blackberry that is supplied by my work so I have not jumped in and bought an iPhone or Droid based phone for myself since the work phone and service is free. It might be worth it though.

I will look around for Wei's post later this evening.
Old 01-31-2011, 12:57 PM
wakeboardr116

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Yes for the iPhone they have a wifi module. For the Droid phones they have a bluetooth module (not sure why they don't have one that works for both lol). Here's a link to their site. PLX Kiwi - Kiwi Wifi, Kiwi Bluetooth, Kiwi MPG, Kiwi Drive Green OBD 2 Devices
Old 01-31-2011, 09:28 PM
dal1307

Bump for the night crew
Old 01-31-2011, 09:51 PM
Fezzik

Received 57 Likes on 11 Posts
for fuel pressure you will need to get an adapter that looks like a spacer that can go between the fuel damper and metal hose that goes to the fuel rail. I'm hopefully going to do a carputer myself like modme did. I want to be able to everything. There is no best of all worlds solution except the carputer route at the moment to get all readings.

Quick Reply: Anyone using HKS CAMP 2 Engine Monitor?