Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Near current location? ya right? Navigation bug.

Old 01-05-2011, 11:57 PM
lzzhang10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Near current location? ya right? Navigation bug.

Let's say you type in "best buy" using the near "current location function"
I often get best buy that are 100 miles away at the closest.

The only way I can find Best Buy nearby is enter my city manually, near city->last 5 cities->Houston.
only then would the best Buy a mile from me get listed.

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Let me know Thanks.
Old 01-06-2011, 12:16 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I have an 08 and when it does this there is a button (at the top of the screen I think) that lets you sort them by distance so it show locations nearest to you first. It think it says "By Distance".

It is stupid that it doesn't automatically list multiple destinations by distance as a default. I can't figure out any order whatsoever that the results are listed in, they seem totally random.
Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 AM
datboiroy

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I have an 08 and when it does this there is a button (at the top of the screen I think) that lets you sort them by distance so it show locations nearest to you first. It think it says "By Distance".

It is stupid that it doesn't automatically list multiple destinations by distance as a default. I can't figure out any order whatsoever that the results are listed in, they seem totally random.
i have to do that too, i get annoyed of that. whenever my gf is in my car, she always says "you paid over 40k for it to do this?" gets me frustrated! my kenwood indash with garmin navi didn't do that.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:58 AM
lzzhang10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just tried at in my car, they do list by distance automatically.. but just not the closest one first( the closest was 3 miles but the first selection was 9 miles)
Almost like the G want you to drive it a little more lol...
anyways I found the sort button, it is a little different than the 08/09. Thanks BB