Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Bose system not that loud

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 01:39 PM
The Jewbag

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Bose system sucks. My pops had an A8 L with the Bang & Olfsun system and that system was...epic.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:56 PM
chasemyaccord

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree. It's not horrible, but for what we paid, I expected better. I posted about this before and most people responded saying they think it's fine. I would really like to sit in another G and see if it's perhaps a deficiency in my car.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:29 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by The Jewbag
The Bose system sucks. My pops had an A8 L with the Bang & Olfsun system and that system was...epic.
Compairing those two systems isn't fair ...B & O is WAY more higher end ...so is a A8 for that matter.
Old 10-06-2010, 02:30 PM
2008G-Man

Received 167 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by chasemyaccord
I agree. It's not horrible, but for what we paid, I expected better. I posted about this before and most people responded saying they think it's fine. I would really like to sit in another G and see if it's perhaps a deficiency in my car.
I got a G Sedan as a loaner and I could tell a diff between the coupe and the sedan, coupe was louder.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:20 PM
chilibowl

Received 82 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by The Jewbag
Are you ****ing serious? Youre comparing a goddamn 130,000 dollar car to a 40,000 car.
Old 10-06-2010, 03:40 PM
surfjax87

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree it's not the loudest "premium" system out there, but it's plenty loud for me. The premium sound on my parents volvo xc90 was louder, but I haven't had to turn the volume past half way even with the windows down.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
The Bose system is good but not near the best. If you add a mono sub amp and sub woofer you can use your 13 speaker Bose system for mids and highs and channel all the base to the sub. I don't care for a system you can hear blocks away. I just wanted a loud enough system so that when I'm cruising down to the Florida Keys with windows down and sunroof rolled back, I can hear my music over the wind!

Also with the sub-woofer the quality of sound is much better. This was my first MOD 1 week after buying my G.
PS: Bose systems in cars have always lacked good bass IMO.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:28 PM
The Jewbag

Originally Posted by chilibowl
Are you ****ing serious? Youre comparing a goddamn 130,000 dollar car to a 40,000 car.

Not comparing anything, just stating that is was a good system. How the hell could someone compare the two?
Old 10-06-2010, 07:37 PM
soundmike

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by 2008G-Man
I have a digital db meter, I use it for adjusting my surround sound .... I'll take a db reading of the stereo. Have to wait until the G is home ..... I'll take the reading using a XM Station and a close (good signal strength) FM station.
Try different XM stations if you can, not all of them put out the same bandwidth.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:22 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Dont know about you guys but my XM radio sounds like **** compared to a CD. I use CDs mostly because so.
Old 10-07-2010, 02:45 PM
sistylez

Originally Posted by Xcalibur
The Bose system is good but not near the best. If you add a mono sub amp and sub woofer you can use your 13 speaker Bose system for mids and highs and channel all the base to the sub. I don't care for a system you can hear blocks away. I just wanted a loud enough system so that when I'm cruising down to the Florida Keys with windows down and sunroof rolled back, I can hear my music over the wind!

Also with the sub-woofer the quality of sound is much better. This was my first MOD 1 week after buying my G.
Is it 13? I'm not so sure myself but I have seen 11 speakers pop up in sources.

I agree that this Bose system is not that loud. I've read that there are two separate amps in the car. One for the components and one for the subwoofer itself. The component amp is an 8-way channel amp. Is there any way to tweak this amps? I have been thinking of adding a small 10'' myself such as a JL W6 with a mono JL amp and was wondering if I would need a farad capacitor?
Old 10-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Xcalibur
Registered Member

Originally Posted by sistylez
Is it 13? I'm not so sure myself but I have seen 11 speakers pop up in sources.
My bad, its a 11 speaker system. Don't know where I got the 13 lol!
Old 10-07-2010, 03:06 PM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by Tainui
I'm not saying I drive around with the volume wide open all the time either. But I can and it's not painful. They stopped a few dB short of ideal and just a little more would be perfect.
Well said, it just does not get lough enough for me.

Is there anyway to boost the volume, sounds like the speakers have more.
Old 10-07-2010, 03:07 PM
csnpsu

Originally Posted by Tainui
I'm not saying I drive around with the volume wide open all the time either. But I can and it's not painful. They stopped a few dB short of ideal and just a little more would be perfect.
Originally Posted by Xcalibur

Well said as well, not loud enough when your on the highway.
Old 10-08-2010, 04:49 AM
KhaldeanHabibi

i used to have a 07 yukon that had a customer system with well over 4000 watts and when i came to the bose sound system i was pretty satisfied. true its not as loud as my yukon but it makes me happy.

just to let u know not all songs are the same in audio quality so some songs will be lower and some will be higher

Last edited by KhaldeanHabibi; 11-12-2011 at 10:40 AM.

Quick Reply: Bose system not that loud