Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Latest XM rates?????????

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 12:02 PM
SM_Shadowman

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didn't mean to blame XMMAN for your problem; it just seemed with his comment about not giving refunds to everyone who called saying their XM wasn't working wasn't really fair. He's right -- of course they shouldn't do that. It's just that what he said is not really applicable to your problem.
Old 03-22-2010, 06:00 PM
ryan risley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone suggest any recommendation for me ?
I am about to activate my XM/Sirius asa first time user but without the LiveTraffic/ Nav option. Am i destined to pay full price for a new activation? If not, any advice is appreciated to negotiate. I would be willing to doa several year pkg if i can get the right price..
Old 03-23-2010, 01:20 AM
jtla

Originally Posted by Beer Magazine
I am waiting until they merge fully so I can just get the $9 additional car. I'm not paying for Sirius in one and XM in the other when they are the same.
Are you saying it cost only $9 more per year for the second car? Does it apply to the $77/year deal as well (i.e. $86/year for 2 cars)? That would be hell of a deal.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:18 AM
XMMAN

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SM_Shadowman
I didn't mean to blame XMMAN for your problem; it just seemed with his comment about not giving refunds to everyone who called saying their XM wasn't working wasn't really fair. He's right -- of course they shouldn't do that. It's just that what he said is not really applicable to your problem.
What I said to BB and the forum may have been taken the wrong way and I apologize for that. I have been in contact with BB though via Private message and we have talked about things.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:47 AM
blitzebill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jtla
Are you saying it cost only $9 more per year for the second car? Does it apply to the $77/year deal as well (i.e. $86/year for 2 cars)? That would be hell of a deal.
+++++++

someone may have already answered this but i'll throw in my situation.

negotiated with XM ( you'd be surprised how much they'll work with you on fees) and got a year for $65 incl taxes..no charge for copyright royalties. decided to add XM to my old Miata with a portable headunit i had sitting around.

the extra XM radio cost on $9 a month, so yes, it's only $9 a month and i got them to waive the activation fee too.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:07 PM
whiddles
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice, i may go for $65
Old 03-26-2010, 08:53 PM
chuwontis

Got the post card from XM radio for $4.99 a month for 6month. I called XM and told them I had the 3 month trial but did not have a chance use it. They gave me a package deal for 6month for XM radio with traffic for $46.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:36 PM
jtla

Originally Posted by blitzebill
+++++++

someone may have already answered this but i'll throw in my situation.

negotiated with XM ( you'd be surprised how much they'll work with you on fees) and got a year for $65 incl taxes..no charge for copyright royalties. decided to add XM to my old Miata with a portable headunit i had sitting around.

the extra XM radio cost on $9 a month, so yes, it's only $9 a month and i got them to waive the activation fee too.
Wait a minute! $9/month is $108/year extra for your portable unit. Why not just get another $65/year deal?
Old 03-26-2010, 10:16 PM
blitzebill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jtla
Wait a minute! $9/month is $108/year extra for your portable unit. Why not just get another $65/year deal?
+++++++

that second radio is in my Miata which comes out to play only between late March and late October. Then it hibernates.

So I'm only paying $9 month for 7 months, then I shut off XM service whilst it hibernates.