Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Homelink garage door opener question

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 12:50 PM
Idaho siirto

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
OK I'm not going to continue this. To the OP, I hope you got your Homelink problem figured out. Remember the "learn" button on the door opener unit....I'm thinking that's the problem. You can always call the 1-800 number if needed. I'm sure you'll get it figured out bro! How long have you lived in TN?
Absolutely. I am good with that.
After going through similar hassle as OP and getting great results from using 1-800, was just passing it on. As we know, some 800's are time consuming & worthless, Homelink's is not.
/ BTW there is absolutely no need for two people (I have the above noted rolling code) or making it a 3 hour project.
So Knoxville, I didn't like your initial snark and took the bait. Butthurt? Not so much, it's just the intrawebs. And this is still a helpful place re the 37 and occasionally entertaining.
So now we both get off the bus...Seriously, it is all good and have a great weekend.
Old 04-03-2009, 05:50 PM
woojoo83
Registered Member

Originally Posted by woojoo83
hey all, i just got my G a few days ago. it's awesome, but i am having trouble getting my G's integrated garage door opener on my rear view mirror to properly work.

i know i know, you're going to say refer to the manual and i did/have and went step-by-step, but still nothing. it's not a huge deal since i still have the original garage opener, but i'd like to be able to take advantage of that feature on this banging car.

anyone have any issues but figure it out? thanks for the help in advance. take it easy
thanks to everyone for all the help. i pushed the "learn/training" button on my garage motor and it solved all of my problems. i didnt push it yesterday because according to our G manual, it says that if i do need to push that button, that the homelink will flash after the initial setting. regardless, it's all good now.

KNOXVILLEG37, i've been in the nashville/clarksville area since dec 2005 in the Army.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:25 PM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by woojoo83
thanks to everyone for all the help. i pushed the "learn/training" button on my garage motor and it solved all of my problems. i didnt push it yesterday because according to our G manual, it says that if i do need to push that button, that the homelink will flash after the initial setting. regardless, it's all good now.

KNOXVILLEG37, i've been in the nashville/clarksville area since dec 2005 in the Army.
Awesome man, glad we could help. I grew up in Hendersonville and live in Knoxville for the time being for work. Will probably head back to Middle TN next year job permitting. Anyways, congrats on your G and your now-functional HomeLink.
Old 04-03-2009, 06:38 PM
woojoo83
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KnoxvilleG37
Awesome man, glad we could help. I grew up in Hendersonville and live in Knoxville for the time being for work. Will probably head back to Middle TN next year job permitting. Anyways, congrats on your G and your now-functional HomeLink.
ah, hendersonville eh. one of my buddies lives down there as a store manager for walgreens. anyhow, have you heard of or been to "Brian's Motorsports"? I went there to get work/mods done on my truck. I think i will head back there for my tint.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:07 AM
KnoxvilleG37

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I can't say that I have heard of Brian's Motorsports. I had an '08 Altima that I got tinted at Cole Bros. in Madison on Old Hickory Blvd. They did a great job with Llumar tint. Guaranteed work too.
Old 04-05-2009, 06:27 AM
G37nS2K

what if you live in APT? where is that "learn" button?
Old 04-05-2009, 09:31 AM
woojoo83
Registered Member

Originally Posted by G37nS2K
what if you live in APT? where is that "learn" button?
as far as gated communities go, if it is not working without pressing the "learn" button, i would be willing to be the same "learn" button found on garage door motors could be found on the apt gate's motor on either side of that swinging/rolling fence.
Old 09-07-2009, 10:00 PM
calvin_hobbes

Originally Posted by NIGHTLFEphantom
I screwed up the first couple of times when I was trying to program mine. I didn't realize I had to press the learn button on the opener unit that's in the garage. But it was pretty easy after..
But yours wasnt a rolling code issue, correct?
When I do mine all indications are that it is set up correctly when i press the homelink button and the actual opener.

Your saying you also have to press the homelink button and the button inside the garage too? Homelink web site has nothing about that. Either does the infiniti manual.
Old 09-08-2009, 12:07 AM
SkyMG37x
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The info is all in the Infiniti homelink guide downloadable from their website, i.e.:

Note: Garage door openers manufactured after 1996 have “rolling code protection.” To program a garage door opener equipped with rolling code protection, you will need to be able to reach the motor of the garage door opener. This is where the “smart” or “learn” program button is located. For this step (#5), you may need a ladder.
Old 05-05-2013, 02:05 PM
PrinceValium

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey everyone...in the manual it says to try two different methods for programming the Home Link. The first method is using a hand held remote. The procedure is clear the button you want to program by holding the first and last Home Link buttons until the light flashes rapidly (20 sec) Once you clear the code you are supposed to press your hand held garage door opener and the button you want to program on the Home Link AT THE SAME TIME until you see the slow flash turn into a fast flash. (happens within 5 seconds usually)

With a rolling code garage door this method DOES NOT WORK.

So according to the manual instead you need program the Home Link for a rolling code garage door. Clear the codes on the Home Link you want to program and then press the LEARN button on your garage door opener and (within 30 seconds) then press the button you want to program 3 times in succession to learn the code. A lot of times this DOES NOT WORK either.

SO....here is an easy way to accomplish this with a rolling code garage door. I learned this trick when having to do the same thing with my Sequoia.

First- Clear the codes for all the Home Link buttons as stated above.
Second- Try using your hand held remote again doing the same procedure as above...you will clear all the codes, then simultaneously push the remote and the button you want to program until the slow flashing light turns to a rapid flashing light. At this point your programming has still failed to work (because of it being a rolling code)

NOW...leave the button in this failed state and THEN push the learn button on your garage door unit and the within 30 seconds push the button you are trying to program and you should see your garage door lights flash that it has successfully programmed the Home Link.

This method works EVERY TIME and will save you a lot of frustration when both of those methods stated in the manual just simply do not work, and you will not need a second person.

Hope this helps someone in the future. :0)

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...I tried to remember the procedure I used on my Sequoia and came here to the forum thinking it was different for the G.
Rob
The following users liked this post:
zil (07-16-2021)
Old 05-15-2013, 01:17 AM
Huc

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 08-14-2013, 10:35 PM
handleandrew
Registered Member

Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by PrinceValium
Hey everyone...in the manual it says to try two different methods for programming the Home Link. The first method is using a hand held remote. The procedure is clear the button you want to program by holding the first and last Home Link buttons until the light flashes rapidly (20 sec) Once you clear the code you are supposed to press your hand held garage door opener and the button you want to program on the Home Link AT THE SAME TIME until you see the slow flash turn into a fast flash. (happens within 5 seconds usually)

With a rolling code garage door this method DOES NOT WORK.

So according to the manual instead you need program the Home Link for a rolling code garage door. Clear the codes on the Home Link you want to program and then press the LEARN button on your garage door opener and (within 30 seconds) then press the button you want to program 3 times in succession to learn the code. A lot of times this DOES NOT WORK either.

SO....here is an easy way to accomplish this with a rolling code garage door. I learned this trick when having to do the same thing with my Sequoia.

First- Clear the codes for all the Home Link buttons as stated above.
Second- Try using your hand held remote again doing the same procedure as above...you will clear all the codes, then simultaneously push the remote and the button you want to program until the slow flashing light turns to a rapid flashing light. At this point your programming has still failed to work (because of it being a rolling code)

NOW...leave the button in this failed state and THEN push the learn button on your garage door unit and the within 30 seconds push the button you are trying to program and you should see your garage door lights flash that it has successfully programmed the Home Link.

This method works EVERY TIME and will save you a lot of frustration when both of those methods stated in the manual just simply do not work, and you will not need a second person.

Hope this helps someone in the future. :0)

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...I tried to remember the procedure I used on my Sequoia and came here to the forum thinking it was different for the G.
Rob

YOU ARE THE MAN (or woman)! i even tired watching the video that is in this thread, first. no success. your procedure WORKED! thank you so much. its been such a pain in the *** trying to get the thing programmed.
Old 02-01-2015, 05:43 PM
lonestar2112

I just tried it and my Liftmaster (2014 build date) will not talk to the Homelink. I tried your technique and still no bueno.

'09G37