Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Ringing sound inside car

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 03:20 PM
cmjman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ringing sound inside car

Anyone else ever notice a faint.. but irritating high pitched ringing sound inside their car. My G emits this sound almost constantly.. the exception is when the car is 100% stopped. As soon as my car rolls I get a high pitched frequency that comes through the audio system it seems like.

I thought at first I was crazy, but my wife hears it too. What sort of thing could cause this problem. Audio system grounding maybe? I have the bose system if that makes a diffrence.

Any ideas are appreciated. I'll be taking it the dealer soon enough regarding it. I'm sure they are going to think i'm nuts.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:28 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

^^^Your G is possessed by the ghost of KRAZY J now to get rid of it you must first:
1. Get Holy Water...Im sure Zaino has some for sale
2. Get a Mt Fuji pendant on a necklace
3. Water down the G and yell out "The power of VVEL compells u!!!"
Old 04-21-2008, 03:29 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Its your phone. Answer it!!

JK, no I have no idea what that is.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:48 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are you running any aftermarket subs or amps, usually i'd think it's an alternator whine, but if your 100% stock in the stereo dept, i couldn't tell ya.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:05 PM
cudachp

Dealer confirmed it

I noticed the same noise in my G37. I've taken it to two dealerships to get it "fixed". Both heard the sound and confirmed it in several other G37's on the lot. But no fix is available. The first dealer I went to said they submitted it to Infiniti's TechLine...but that was the last I heard from them.
For those of you that haven't heard it...while at a stop, turn off your stereo, roll up your windows and accelerate slowly. It sounds like a hearing test tone.
Old 04-27-2008, 07:07 PM
nogoodname
Banned

Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
^^^Your G is possessed by the ghost of KRAZY J now to get rid of it you must first:
1. Get Holy Water...Im sure Zaino has some for sale
2. Get a Mt Fuji pendant on a necklace
3. Water down the G and yell out "The power of VVEL compells u!!!"
lol
Old 04-28-2008, 12:43 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Ya sound slike a desciption of alternator whine.

I'll have to listen for it when I drive to work tomorrow.
Old 04-28-2008, 06:26 AM
K37

Thats exactly what my problem was a few months ago when i made this an issue on the forum. i took it to the dealers and they insisted it was "normal noise." in my car it comes from the right speaker and it only is heard while the car is in motion. i eventually got used to it but nevertheless it is annoying. if anyone comes up with a dealer fix or such please relay the info.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:44 PM
Callaway
Arm flailing tube man

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i also hear this noise.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:28 PM
cudachp

The first dealer I went to for the issue actually found the sound went away when the audio amp was powered off. They replaced the amp with a new one and the noise remained. Sounds like this issue won't be fixed until enough of us complain to the dealers.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:21 PM
cmjman

Wow.. I had thought this thread died. Looks like I'm not the only one with the prob.
Old 05-01-2008, 01:19 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Maybe they should try a resistor on that speaker to block out the noise.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:32 PM
cudachp

It's not a terrible noise, just annoying when you just want some peace and quiet. Cranking up the stereo helps at other times.
Is there anywhere online to obtain G37 wiring diagrams or parts locations (i.e. audio amp) for tinkering? Maybe put in a band reject filter somewhere on the amp output or the speakers like Kahboom mentioned.
Old 05-03-2008, 12:54 AM
leeladisky

Okay, my vehicle is now doing this - ringing sound. If you turn off the engine and put the car into accessory mode, you can hear it clearly. If I put the NAV control unit into diagnostic mode and then exit, the sound goes away for just the period of time it takes to restart!!!

So - here's where it gets interesting: On Monday, 5/13, my car's NAV Control unit is being replaced. I have a RF (radio frequency) interference problem. I am unable to talk on my cellphone using a bluetooth headset in my vehicle (not the built-in bluetooth, but a headset) without significant static. The static goes away when I turn the vehicle off or also goes away using the same conditions as above (NAV unit in diagnostic mode and then exit diagnostic mode so the unit resets), until either the unit reboots or the vehicle is restarted/accessory mode, etc.

Can someone with this "ringing" problem, try to place a call with their bluetooth headset and see if they get static or interference while the car is running???

We can help narrow this down... if you experience this issue, I would suggest making your dealer replace your NAV control unit!!! RF interference is a shielding issue or an indication that things are about to fail....

Lee
Old 05-14-2008, 12:32 AM
kfr01

I experience this issue as well. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of this issue.

Quick Reply: Ringing sound inside car