Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Weird problem with my nav.....

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 10:25 PM
majin ssj eric

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weird problem with my nav.....

I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you? I started my car the other day (I've had it for 1 week so far) and noticed that when I put it in reverse the backup camera didn't come on (in fact the screen was just black). I quickly realized something was wrong when none of the radio or climate controls were working. I pressed every button and turned every **** and nothing. I then turned the car off and back on and the screen remained black (no Infiniti logo loading or anything). Finally it went to the status screen but the time was wrong and it said "climate control off" even as I could hear the fan running on high. Again, no ***** or buttons would do anything. I started freaking out at this point and turned it on and off 3-4 more times before the Infiniti logo finally loaded up and everything went back to normal. It hasn't done anything out of the ordinary since.

Anyway, I was wondering if this might have something to do with the music box? I have already ripped several hundred songs to the drive but alot of them came from Limewire and I'm wondering if some of the files were corrupted. Do you think this could have caused a problem with the onboard HD not loading? I'm going to wait and see if it does this again before getting too worked up over it. If it does do it again I will be contacting my dealer pronto. Anyway, have any of you guys had any similar issues with the HD not loading or freezing?? Thanks.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:28 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Did you take the Camera Cap off before you put it in reverse?
Old 01-24-2008, 10:31 PM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Did you take the Camera Cap off before you put it in reverse?
I don't know what you mean. This wasn't a problem with the camera but with the HD not loading properly on startup.....
Old 01-24-2008, 10:36 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by majin ssj eric
I don't know what you mean. This wasn't a problem with the camera but with the HD not loading properly on startup.....
Happend to a few people, it should work within 5-10 minutes.
Old 01-24-2008, 10:49 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I was just kiddin... like forgetting to take the cap off a video camera... Ha- Ha... just a lil funny....
Old 01-24-2008, 10:56 PM
vINCe_Inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I was just kiddin... like forgetting to take the cap off a video camera... Ha- Ha... just a lil funny....
Old 01-24-2008, 11:19 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I was just wondering if this has happened to any of you? I started my car the other day (I've had it for 1 week so far) and noticed that when I put it in reverse the backup camera didn't come on (in fact the screen was just black). I quickly realized something was wrong when none of the radio or climate controls were working. I pressed every button and turned every **** and nothing. I then turned the car off and back on and the screen remained black (no Infiniti logo loading or anything). Finally it went to the status screen but the time was wrong and it said "climate control off" even as I could hear the fan running on high. Again, no ***** or buttons would do anything. I started freaking out at this point and turned it on and off 3-4 more times before the Infiniti logo finally loaded up and everything went back to normal. It hasn't done anything out of the ordinary since.

Anyway, I was wondering if this might have something to do with the music box? I have already ripped several hundred songs to the drive but alot of them came from Limewire and I'm wondering if some of the files were corrupted. Do you think this could have caused a problem with the onboard HD not loading? I'm going to wait and see if it does this again before getting too worked up over it. If it does do it again I will be contacting my dealer pronto. Anyway, have any of you guys had any similar issues with the HD not loading or freezing?? Thanks.
Ya this has happened to some members. Next time just turn off your car for five minutes and turn it back on. If you don't want to wait because you are in a hurry then just drive your car and it should reset itself.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:20 PM
majin ssj eric

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Happend to a few people, it should work within 5-10 minutes.
Do you have any more info on what could be causing it??? Anybody else???
Old 01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
drbru

Do you have any more info on what could be causing it??? Anybody else???

ITs a bad "navigation control unit" Im currently having mine replaced as I write this.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:29 PM
bfranks

It happened to me the first week I had mine. I was inputting phone numbers into the system when it locked up. I tried restarting the car and I got the blank screen. Like you, I tried restarting it several times with no luck. After letting it sit for 5-10 minutes it started up fine. I haven't had any other issues (had it almost a month), so hopefully it was an isolated incident.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:38 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by drbru
ITs a bad "navigation control unit" Im currently having mine replaced as I write this.
^I doubt that this is your issue but if it starts to happen often then take it to the dealership like drbru did. It has happened to alot of us and it usually happens after you make some changes to the system like add music, phone numbers, etc.
Old 01-24-2008, 11:52 PM
majin ssj eric

Thanks for the info guys!! Hopefully it will not happen again....
Old 01-24-2008, 11:58 PM
vc128

happened to me a few times...manufacturer defect?
Old 03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Sivle

This happen to me today. I start my engine and my ipod screen came on and it didn't move...the time was wrong...it was probably the exact time when I parked and exited my car...none of the buttons in the center console was working....the fan was on even when there was no lights. After 10 minutes, the nav suddenly does a reset and everything is back to normal. Hope this doesn't happen again.
Old 03-31-2008, 05:30 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
It happened to me last week but hasnt happened again. If it continues Ill take it to the dealer and get a new unit.

Quick Reply: Weird problem with my nav.....