Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

All about the Compact Flash Slot

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 06:56 PM
mal_TX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't have an iPod either before I got this car. Try using an iPod hooked up to this car for a few days... the interface for it is so far superior that I promise you'll not want to use the other options ever again.

My iPod is full of 256kb/s mp3s that I ripped from my own real CDs on my computer using Exact Audio Copy and LAME. They live on my jukebox music server. I just drop them into the iPod using the iTunes client. I've never bought any music from iTunes and I don't care for low bitrate or DRM'd media.

The codec on the musicbox doesn't sound as good as my 256k VBR MP3s, and the interface for the CF slot is godawful.

I'm willing to bet everyone here who is saying the musicbox and CF slot are not so bad has not lived with an iPod in the car for any length of time. The MB/CF are better than what I used to do in my 06 Coupe -- 6 CDs full of MP3s -- but it's night/day compared to using the iPod interface.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:00 AM
ohseedee
Registered Member

^^Absolutely
Old 11-21-2007, 06:33 PM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mal_TX
I didn't have an iPod either before I got this car. Try using an iPod hooked up to this car for a few days... the interface for it is so far superior that I promise you'll not want to use the other options ever again.

My iPod is full of 256kb/s mp3s that I ripped from my own real CDs on my computer using Exact Audio Copy and LAME. They live on my jukebox music server. I just drop them into the iPod using the iTunes client. I've never bought any music from iTunes and I don't care for low bitrate or DRM'd media.

The codec on the musicbox doesn't sound as good as my 256k VBR MP3s, and the interface for the CF slot is godawful.

I'm willing to bet everyone here who is saying the musicbox and CF slot are not so bad has not lived with an iPod in the car for any length of time. The MB/CF are better than what I used to do in my 06 Coupe -- 6 CDs full of MP3s -- but it's night/day compared to using the iPod interface.
That may be true, but all I am saying is that for people that don't want/need an iPod, the MB/CF options can be very enjoyable. I personally have zero desire for an iPod, so the fact that my G offers other choices to play my MP3s/Audio CDs is very nice feature.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:31 PM
mal_TX

Originally Posted by Garnet Canuck
That may be true, but all I am saying is that for people that don't want/need an iPod, the MB/CF options can be very enjoyable. I personally have zero desire for an iPod, so the fact that my G offers other choices to play my MP3s/Audio CDs is very nice feature.
All I am saying is if you had one in your car for a day or two, you'd have a desire for an iPod in nothing flat. No question.

Borrow one.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:33 PM
ohseedee
Registered Member

I agree with that. However, I'm sure the costs of adding MB/CF capabilities is much larger then just buying an 80gb Ipod, which is much more convent. But I agree with you, you already have MB/CF and you don't want an ipod so enjoy what you have.

I just would have rather saved a few hundred bucks instead of having my empty MB and my lack of CF cards, while listening to my ipod.

On another note the CF card is a must when you use the MB. Being able to update the music database with track names using a CF card is a nice touch...but again my Ipod has all my track names.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:38 AM
fcarpio

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Do all G37's come with the CF slot? I have not seen mine! Where is it? I only have the premium package and th spoiler on a G37s.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:45 AM
ghideon
Premier Member

Pretty sure you need premium and nav. The CF card slot is in the center stack, towards the bottom right. There's a rubber cover there you need to remove to access it.
Old 11-24-2007, 08:09 AM
Garnet Canuck
Traveling Administrator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fcarpio
Do all G37's come with the CF slot? I have not seen mine! Where is it? I only have the premium package and th spoiler on a G37s.
The CF slot comes with the Nav package. Since you have the Premium package only, you won't have a CF slot. This is where it is located though.

Old 11-24-2007, 12:00 PM
fcarpio

Cool, thanks. I definitely don't have that. What I am going to get me is a 160GB iPod, I hooked up a friend's iPod and the interface is awesome. The iPod even got an infiniti logo on the screen, and on the car's screen it looks almost like XM. I love it! I love my car!!!
Old 11-24-2007, 04:47 PM
xzlnt

How many cars on the market today even offer a CF slot???
BMW offers a USB slot
Old 11-24-2007, 04:49 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xzlnt
BMW offers a USB slot
Go buy one then.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:52 PM
xzlnt

Originally Posted by shumby
Go buy one then.
I already did. Anything else you would like to add douche.
Old 11-24-2007, 05:02 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by xzlnt
I already did. Anything else you would like to add douche.
Well go have fun with it then.

Douche, really?

So I am : A stream of water, often containing medicinal or cleansing agents, that is applied to a body part or cavity for hygienic or therapeutic purposes.

So if i am a douche i have a therapeutic purpose? Sweet. I rock. And in most cases the douche goes into the vagina. Even better I get action.

I think the term you might have been looking for was douche bag used in its slang term.

The term douchebag has been around since the 1960s and if you watch Family Guy, you may already be very familiar with it. This label can be heard in several episodes, including the 2006 season finale where the president's name was Douchebag.
The word douchebag is commonly used as slang, referring to someone (usually male) in an insulting way. Specifically, it means that a person thinks he is cool, but is in actuality self-centered, awkward or irritating. It can also be used as a more general, derogatory term for anyone who is annoying.

The definition of the actual object, a douche bag, refers to the equipment used in douching. Douching is the process of rinsing out the vagina with water (sometimes with added chemicals) by using a bag with a tube and nozzle attached to it. The name comes from the French word doucher (which means, "to shower").

Douching used to be recommended as a method of cleaning the vagina and was even once thought of as a way to prevent pregnancy (by douching right after sex). Doctors now know that the vagina is self-cleansing and douching is considered unnecessary--even dangerous--since it can spread infection. Douching is also not effective as a birth control method and is no longer a common practice.

No one really knows how the term douchebag evolved from its medical meaning to the more popular slang meaning known today.

Possibly the first (and still most infamous) use of the term douchebag was in a 1980 Saturday Night Live skit titled "Lord Douchebag." If you haven't seen the skit or don't know what we're referring to, you can read a transcript of the show here.

The word was also seen a lot in the months before the 2004 presidential election, when Jon Stewart famously called conservative columnist Robert Novak a "douchebag for liberty." South Park ran an episode called "Douche and Turd" about a mascot election, and the site www.johnkerryisadouchebagbut
imvotingforhimanyway.com was created and became instantly popular.

But that would just be mean. So i'll take it as a compliment. Thank you and God bless you and your family.
Old 11-24-2007, 06:08 PM
TopTech

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tmi
Old 11-25-2007, 07:55 AM
fcarpio

Originally Posted by shumby
Well go have fun with it then.

Douche, really?

So I am : A stream of water, often containing medicinal or cleansing agents, that is applied to a body part or cavity for hygienic or therapeutic purposes.

So if i am a douche i have a therapeutic purpose? Sweet. I rock. And in most cases the douche goes into the vagina. Even better I get action.

I think the term you might have been looking for was douche bag used in its slang term.

The term douchebag has been around since the 1960s and if you watch Family Guy, you may already be very familiar with it. This label can be heard in several episodes, including the 2006 season finale where the president's name was Douchebag.
The word douchebag is commonly used as slang, referring to someone (usually male) in an insulting way. Specifically, it means that a person thinks he is cool, but is in actuality self-centered, awkward or irritating. It can also be used as a more general, derogatory term for anyone who is annoying.

The definition of the actual object, a douche bag, refers to the equipment used in douching. Douching is the process of rinsing out the vagina with water (sometimes with added chemicals) by using a bag with a tube and nozzle attached to it. The name comes from the French word doucher (which means, "to shower").

Douching used to be recommended as a method of cleaning the vagina and was even once thought of as a way to prevent pregnancy (by douching right after sex). Doctors now know that the vagina is self-cleansing and douching is considered unnecessary--even dangerous--since it can spread infection. Douching is also not effective as a birth control method and is no longer a common practice.

No one really knows how the term douchebag evolved from its medical meaning to the more popular slang meaning known today.

Possibly the first (and still most infamous) use of the term douchebag was in a 1980 Saturday Night Live skit titled "Lord Douchebag." If you haven't seen the skit or don't know what we're referring to, you can read a transcript of the show here.

The word was also seen a lot in the months before the 2004 presidential election, when Jon Stewart famously called conservative columnist Robert Novak a "douchebag for liberty." South Park ran an episode called "Douche and Turd" about a mascot election, and the site www.johnkerryisadouchebagbut
imvotingforhimanyway.com was created and became instantly popular.

But that would just be mean. So i'll take it as a compliment. Thank you and God bless you and your family.
What a waste of time typing this rant...

I would have gone for a instead.

Last edited by fcarpio; 11-25-2007 at 11:14 AM.

Quick Reply: All about the Compact Flash Slot