Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

Voice Recognition for Climate Control

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 01:44 PM
Ghost Light

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gan78mao
my voice dial isnt working very well either. should i bring it in to check? whenever i saw a number it comes out another.

You may want to train your system to your voice, it will help. If your window is open and you are driving, background noise can affect how well the system understands.

You guys with Temperature problems try using a "Driver" or "Passenger" command before temperature and degrees. Not sure it will help but worth a try.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:46 PM
g35newbps2

doesn't work.. Actually if you go to the command list menu it shows you what commands are there. All I have is climate control on/off.. it's missing the temperature commands all together.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:57 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ghost Light
You may want to train your system to your voice, it will help. If your window is open and you are driving, background noise can affect how well the system understands.

You guys with Temperature problems try using a "Driver" or "Passenger" command before temperature and degrees. Not sure it will help but worth a try.
ok.. thanx so do i get the climate control too? or no?
Old 10-09-2007, 02:00 PM
Ghost Light

You should get the climate control, if you dont then you should contact your dealer and see whats up.. sounds like the problem is more complicated then just user error.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:12 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ok cool
Ill try it out today.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:19 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Hey g35newbps2,

It looks like you and I have the same issue. The techs at my dealership are still waiting on a response from Infiniti to see what needs to be done.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
KAHBOOM

update... The sales associate is telling me that the new coupes may nto have some of the voice commands that the first release had. Personally I think that this is a bunch of BS. I am going to contact Infiniti myself and get to the bottom of this. My point is I bought a car under teh assumption tha tit would have the full features of voice commands as listed in my owners manual. To delete some of the commands without notification is unacceptable.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:22 PM
g35newbps2

Kahboom I agree.... I will be calling my dealership today to find out what's going on.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
KAHBOOM

My dealership called me and said that the official word to them from Infinit was that those comamnds and features were deleted from the newer versions. I am going to raise a stink over this!!!!
The principal alone pisses me off.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Anecdoter

Wtf?

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
My dealership called me and said that the official word to them from Infinit was that those comamnds and features were deleted from the newer versions. I am going to raise a stink over this!!!!
The principal alone pisses me off.
I agree, there is no business case for randomly deleting features from the voice control module - unless those features don't work. Considering that a number of posters on this forum can get there temp commands to work, we know that they are working correctly. I would like to know why Infiniti removed those commands since the only change seems to be the software and that shouldn't cost them any extra money.

Between this issue, the lack of the rear spoiler and the delayed availability of the Auto On/Off headlights, I'm wondering if they pushed this car out of the door too early. Maybe I will hold off on placing my order until all of this is straightened out. Of course, who knows what features they'll remove if I wait too long!
Old 10-12-2007, 03:53 PM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by Anecdoter
I agree, there is no business case for randomly deleting features from the voice control module - unless those features don't work. Considering that a number of posters on this forum can get there temp commands to work, we know that they are working correctly. I would like to know why Infiniti removed those commands since the only change seems to be the software and that shouldn't cost them any extra money.

Between this issue, the lack of the rear spoiler and the delayed availability of the Auto On/Off headlights, I'm wondering if they pushed this car out of the door too early. Maybe I will hold off on placing my order until all of this is straightened out. Of course, who knows what features they'll remove if I wait too long!
I would definitely ask lots of questions and would sit and go through all the features before makign your payment that's for sure. I didn't think that I would need to do that on a $44K car from a premium auto maker but then again I guess that is what we are to expect from a business operating in a corner cutting society nowadays.
My problem is not so much with the featrues not being there as much as they didn't notify us ahead of time and yet the MSRP is the same and the handbok inducates that those features should be there.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:51 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Is this not called Faluse advertising? And I also thought is was againt the law?
Old 10-13-2007, 10:46 AM
KAHBOOM

Well it is officially from Infiniti. I called consumer affairs and they told me that they decided to deletea number of voice commands to "simplify" the system. And they also deleted two comfort and convenience options for the same reason. One of which includes the "lift steering wheel on exot" option.

I think that's all BS. If people want to keep it simple, they can simply chose not to use the options. And I think that the "lift steering wheel on exot" option was certainly not an option that needed simplifying. I now manually lift the wheel to get out now any way.
Old 10-13-2007, 11:41 AM
Brent72

When did these changes go into effect and what other voice commands were deleted?
Old 10-13-2007, 05:03 PM
shumby

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ who is this guy? this is his second ignorant post and he only has 2 posts.

"Whats wrong with using your hand? Unless you guys have the 6mt, some of you are just plain lazy god damn...." Gday

Quick Reply: Voice Recognition for Climate Control