Vendor Comments/Reviews/Feedback Comments, Reviews, and Feedback on MyG37 Vendors

Forged Specialties (BEWARE)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 12:11 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
Forged Specialties (BEWARE)

My story is a simple one ...... I ordered the (FS-14) Forged Specialties wheels through Chris Quintana at WheelsDirectOnline . Suppose to be a high quality 3 piece German wheel. Was priced right and sent money via paypal. Suppose to be a 3 mnth turn around time . While I was waiting I started to notice weird threads popping up on a 370z forum about how these are actually made in China. Ok ???? So I called Chris .... He assured me these wheels are not Chinese wheels. The face and barrel is made in Germany . Lips are made in China and they are assembled in the US. This goes back and forth and I finally settled for what he was telling me .... So past 3 mnths.. The wheels arrive..

I was really excited .. Opened one box and was happy . I opened the 3 remaining boxes and here starts the issues. Chrome was already starting to peel on 3 wheels . The finish was absolutely horrible. Wheels are all scratched and banged up . I stand back and looked at these wheels. I have been Duped..

Here are pics of the wheels as they arrived .... THE PICS WITH NO DATE AND HAVE FEB. ON THEM ARE WHEN THEY ARRIVED. THE PICS WITH THE MARCH DATE ARE AFTER I SENT THEM OFF AND CHRIS REPAIRED THEM... SORRY FOR THE GOOF !!!!

So I posted this in the Gencoupe Forum and there is another Forged specialties satisfied customer .. Read NXXT comment .Great job Chris !!!!
http://www.gencoupe.com/wheels-tires...es-beware.html
Attached Thumbnails Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_0915.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1106.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1062.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1082.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1122.jpg  

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 11-15-2011 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:18 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

More pics.... So as you can see these are quality wheels .. Bubbling paint , horrible finish, dings and dents and flaking chrome. So at this point I am pissed .. Really pissed !!! I am thinking I sold my Gold Volk GT-30 wheels for this crap .. So I call Chris and tell him everything and send pics. He agrees to to fix the wheels but I have to ship them to Florida. He also tells me he inspected "Every" wheel and this was caused by UPS... Oh .... OK !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1114.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1148.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1075.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1066.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1098.jpg  

Old 11-14-2011, 12:21 AM
speedracer g37
Registered Member

Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts
weak. almost looks like they were used.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:24 AM
ECain18

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Wow refund promptly if i were you. Thats terrible man im sorry you have to deal with that
Old 11-14-2011, 12:30 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

So while these are being repaired I was actually getting a really bad feeling about these wheels. I searched and searched and bingo ... I found gold . To make it short and simple these wheels are Chinese made . The guy who makes the wheels name is Ye Ming . He also can be reached at ye1966@163.com . I will get back to this story... 4 weeks passed and guess what ??? The wheels show up and can you guess??? Thats right .... They are in worse condition and Chris Quintana took his trusty rattle can to these and here is how they turned out .... I call him the rattle can man ... Look at that perfect rattle can over spray . Doesnt get much better than that. I know Chris Quintana .. It was UPS fault ..
Attached Thumbnails Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1145.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1149.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1150.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1157.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1158.jpg  

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 11-14-2011 at 09:52 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 12:32 AM
CaptainObvious
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
used wheels
Old 11-14-2011, 12:46 AM
Presto

Received 73 Likes on 66 Posts
what the hell? really terrible quality, sorry to hear about this.
can you get a refund through your credit card?

are they a sponsor here? lets hope the mods dont lock this up. such shady crappy companies deserved to be name and shamed over the whole interwebs!!!
Old 11-14-2011, 12:51 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Enough is Enough ... I start emailing, blowing up Chris Quintana phone and sending text. He claims that he doesnt know what happened and its a UPS issue again . I demand to speak to the owner of Forged Specialties since no one answers their phone and after a week a guy by the name of Clyde calls me . He is telling me he is the owner of Forged Specialties. I tell him what happened and he agrees to fix everything again and so I ship them off. Chris ay WheelsDirectOnline is out of Miami , Florida . Forged Specialties is out of California and off they go . Clyde calls me to let me know that he received the wheels and he says I can have them repainted free of charge . I choose black with semi gloss . Another mnth goes by and I receive my wheels. And they look Awesome ... I put them on and guess what .... Can you say thin paint ... Here is some more pics ... After I email Clyde the pics he said its brake dust . Not thin paint !!!! OMFG !!!
Attached Thumbnails Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1253.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_1252.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_0335.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_0336.jpg   Forged Specialties (BEWARE)-img_0334.jpg  

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 11-14-2011 at 01:23 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:01 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Shoulda stayed with Volks man. Can't go wrong there. Anyways nice brakes...
Old 11-14-2011, 01:12 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

At this point I already sold the Volks and just want some nice wheels. Clyde does not know how this happened and agrees to refund me 300.00 . All is done and I move on .. At least I think I did.. In Sept. I am cruising along and my right side of my car starts to pull to the right and TPMS light come son ... WTF ???? I have the car towed and the tire shop that I took it too cannot find anything wrong with the tire. The fill it up with air and submerge it in water .. Bubbles start coming up from the wheel .. My wheel is leaking . FOCK !!! I drop the wheel of at a repair shop and they call me 2 hrs later . The silicone used to seal the wheel is falling apart . They said the wheel is fine and it needs to be resealed . $100.00 later the G is back on the road . I text Chris Quintana about what happened and he said the tire shop must of ripped or punctured the silicone . Not Forged Specialties fault . I dont want to fight the battle and go on with life .

Nov. 8th .. Another leaking wheel ... Take it to the same repair shop and this time I take pics .. Not only is the seal falling off the wheel . Chrome is bubbling around the fasteners and starting to flake off . There is alot of corrosion around the wheel as well . These are brand new wheels and only 5 mnths old after they have ben repaired , repainted and have new lips .. More pics... This pics will not upload for some reason and here is a link of the thread that I started on the 370z forum and was closed ....
http://www.the370z.com/wheels-tires/...ecialties.html

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 11-14-2011 at 01:28 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 01:39 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

So here we are today ... To sum it up .... Chris is the owner of Forged Specialties .. You can actually google the company and guess who's name pops up ?? Chris Quintana .. Chris is also Clyde , Danny and multiple other names . His forum name is Lemansz20.. Any time there is a thread about his wheels ( Forged Specialties ) Lemansz20 pops up and makes comments . These wheels are made in China. I contacted Ye Ming at ye1966@163.com as a potential buyer of his wheels. I sent him some pics of Forged Specialties wheels to copy and he said he couldnt because he is the maker of the wheel and it is exclusive to Chris . He did day he could alter it some so I could sell it under my company name .. So No German wheel here . I will be paying $300.00 per wheel to have the lips stripped of the faulty chrome and corrosion , polished and properly sealed. Forged Specialties has offered to put new polished lips on and fix the seal . No one in their right mine would allow them to touch these after all this . I hope no one gets taken by this lying company and their crap they are trying to sell .. Please see links of same issues popping up of it being a Chinese wheel ... Thanx All !!

http://forgedspecialties.com/
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=112679
Old 11-14-2011, 01:40 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Dude that's ridiculous man. I'm really sorry to hear about your bad turn of events with these wheels. I bet you paid a lot for them too. As usual, seems the wheel place is denying everything.
Old 11-14-2011, 02:57 AM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

It's funny .. In the camaro forum that I posted lemansz20 says his name is Danny. When I called Forged Specialties Chris answered the phone . When i asked him what his name was he said Danny .. This guy knows I know his voice and kept saying his name is Danny.. Such a scumbag ...

Here is another thread ... Chris-1 is Chris Quintana A.K.A. Forged Specialties... Lookie .. Lookie .. There is a comment by Lemannsz20 ... Funny !!!!

http://www.the370z.com/wheels-tires/...e-shoot-4.html

This guy (Chris Quintana ) is really not the sharpest tool in the shed. Remember Lemansz20 saying his name is Danny in the Camaro Forum ? Chris Quintana even Duped GetYourWheels into thinking that he is Danny as well. Here is a link of me trying to connect the dots. Lemansz20 is Danny on the Camaro forum. GetYourWheels contact is Danny. I called Forged Specialties and Chris answers the phone and says his name is danny . You could really tell this guy was sweating on the phone as I was calling him out. Even as we hung up he said his name was Danny...
http://www.the370z.com/wheels-tires/...toshoot-9.html

Even on our own forum there is a thread about Forged Specialties .. Guess who makes a comment ????????? Lemansz20 ....
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...es-fs-m20.html

Last edited by NeverBoneStock; 11-14-2011 at 10:10 AM.
Old 11-14-2011, 03:52 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
. I think that's terrible a manufacture would misinform buyers on where their wheels are made, and then try to make up false accounts to try to hide their identity. I hope they have a change of heart and decide to send you your money, I would not buy anything from these guys.
Old 11-14-2011, 04:13 AM
GraphiteG37S

Received 19 Likes on 16 Posts
All I gotta say is WOW... Sorry to hear that man. I bet you paid out the nose for these wheels. Seems like youve been waiting for a long time, and if it were me I would have fought the entire purchase with my credit card a long time ago. What a scumbag company!

This is what I can't understand, all these no name, brand new companies popping up out of no where charging ridiculous pricing for their crappy wheels and service. They even have the audacity to put the word "forged" on their company name even though I'm willing to bet these are not forged at all.

Sorry to hear, should have kept the Volks man, they even look pretty similar to your GT30s.

Quick Reply: Forged Specialties (BEWARE)