Site Feedback & Suggestions For posting feedback and suggestions regarding MyG37.com

Fixed:Windshield whistling wind leak

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2015, 12:49 AM
SkylineG

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Fixed:Windshield whistling wind leak

I am so happy. I finally was able to get rid of the high pitch whistling wind leak sound coming from the bottom of my windshield. I've been experiecing this for well over a year now and it was the one thing that bothered the hell outta me. I took it to the dealer twice, first time it wasn't a windy day so no fix. The second time the dealer told me that the don't do windshields and my won't fix it becaue also I was out of regular warranty and only have extended powertrain warranty.

I followed the diy to remove the windshield cowl and bought some weatherstrip adhesive and waterproof tape and resealed the bottom of my windshield. First time it didn't work because it wasn't a thorough job, this was yesterday. I even booked an appointment with the auto glass place this weekend and try to have them reseal it or to see what was the issue. If they had told me that they can fix it and pay $1000 to replacethe windshield, I would have done it. But today i decided that I was gonna try it again before forking out some major cash. And I took my time to carefully apply the weatherstrip along the bottom the windshield over the factory seal and wrapped it with watherproof tape and ta daaa. It totslly worked. The wind noise was gone and i was even going 160km/hr to fully test it, i used to hear it at about 120km/hr. Anyway i am in love with my g all over again. The feeling is even better than when i installed my kw v3's.

I know that some members here are experiencig this issue and haven't been able to fix it. Try this and if it works i am sure it would put s big dmile on your face, good luck.
The following users liked this post:
South3rn (04-17-2015)