Other Regions United Kingdom, Japan, Australia, Middle East, Asia

G37 Owners in UAE

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2008, 07:43 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 242 Likes on 192 Posts
G37 Owners in UAE

Was just wondering.. Any G37 owners in the United Arab Emirates? I'm in Dubai myself so those of you hiding in this forum step up haha
Old 09-10-2008, 07:10 PM
aldahery

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
halla walla

i am a g37 owener from UAE - AD
Old 09-10-2008, 11:04 PM
Q8_G37S_Red

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hi hala walah i'm an infiniti owner but i'm in Kuwait your neguber :P (jerankom)
The following users liked this post:
VeXeD (09-08-2014)
Old 09-13-2008, 05:32 AM
Khalid-NS

Ya hala o sahla !
proud G37 owner here from Saudi Arabia !
Old 09-13-2008, 08:29 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Ya 7ayyala b ahl el Riyadh.. do you come to Dubai often? I'm setting up a meet
Old 09-13-2008, 09:46 AM
Q8_G37S_Red

3aad ana wayed aye Dubia bas bodon my car
7asaafa chan sweena meet 3ndokom
Old 09-13-2008, 11:04 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

zein sho el fayda menk men doon your car? haha im joking ahla w sahla feek mata ma sharraft
Old 09-13-2008, 09:30 PM
aldahery

ماشاء الله على الشباب

طلعو وايدين من الربع هنيه

يا حيكم والله

انا كنت اتحرى اني انا وسمير بس
Old 09-14-2008, 01:01 PM
ZiggaZaa

hey

Im in Dubai and since Im keen on gettin a G37, I gotta a few question for you lot here with G37's

first of prior to buying your ride, were you allowed a test drive? Allegedly, they arnt givin out test drives, atleast not at the deira showroom?

Are you lot enjoyin your ride or in hindsight would you have got somthing else.

Do you lot have issues such as the following;

1. Access to door storage is difficult while seated.
2. 08 Paint scratches easily
3. Stock Mufflers may rattle
4. 08 Door handles scratched easily
5. Can't program fully extended seat or steering wheel position
6. Car is very heavy and will never be fast off the line.
7. Wheel paint easily ruined with non-all wheel cleaner.
8. Major blind spot on driver side
9. Some Nav and music box features disabled while moving.
10. Seats wear quickly and can stretch leaving ripples.
11. Seats uncomfortable after 1 hour - firm sides.
12. Very small trunk space
13. 6MT gear shift vibrates at idle, noisy transmission
14. Paddle shifters are slow due to rev matching
15. 5AT downshifts in DS to 2nd can be rough
16. Back seat is for brief case or child with no legs.
17. Door arm rests are too low and design cramps larger drivers.
18. Head space is limited for tall drivers.
19. Uncomfortable seat belt, digs into your neck.
20. Electric seats move very slowly making full access to the back seat tiresome.
21. Driver storage in arm rest is very small
22. Can't adjust seats while seated and door is closed.
23. You chances of getting a speeding ticket will increase, expecially if you modify the exhaust and/or Intake. Engine Sound addiction.
24. Large fender gap on front wheel, really mandates a drop. Not everyone will want to drop the car.
Old 09-14-2008, 09:41 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

yeah they apparently are on "limited stock" they couldnt come up with a better excuse. Would i have bought another car instead? i was considering the Lumina CR8.. but then didnt like its interior and being forced to drive stick bothered me.. im in love with manual trannies.. never in dubai though! a full option 325i costs 230,000 believe it or not.. so i canceled on BMW's [335i for 290,000 believe it or not! thats a 100k more than the G..I'd get my G TT'ed and tuned for track use for a 100k!] I love the G and if I had 190k on me right now i wouldnt even think twice about getting the G.. maybe in a different color though.
now, to your inquiries:
1) not impossible! just not too easy either.. come on man life is hard haha
2) yes it does.. but also fixes easily..my dealer fixed me up with some paint protection though yesterday lets see how that works out
3) not mine.. i drove her for 8000 kms in 2 months and it didnt rattle.. but then it was time to get her some new toys! Thanks again John
4) again.. has to with the with the paint i guess but i managed not to scratch the handles
5) dun understand what you mean by program.. you change change seat position and steering wheel position just fine
6) oh come on she aint that heavy.. unless you want to compare it to an S2k that is! all luxury coupes have somewhat a close weight to that.. its a price you pay for all the gadgets n luxury options.. you want a lighter version wait for the 370Z but then dont go complaining if your head unit and gadgets are the same as the ones on the Nissan Sunny!
7) dunno about that really never tried
8) adjust your mirrors well and dont drive with ur seat extended all the way to the back seat like you some gangsta from satwa lol
9) yes..if you're so keen you can get an over-ride module. but i mean i never felt bothered by it.. if you dunno how to get somewhere set your destination before you're leaving your garage...
10) depends on how much care you take of your car.. especially that you're forced to have a black interior here so they get dirty easily.. rule no.1: no eating or smoking in your car! dunno about the stretching though but also dont apply so much load on a small point.. kneeling with your knee etc
11) im guessin whoever made that comment is big haha i drive for hours on highways from AD to DXB to SHJ and im cool.. well not really im somewhat big too haha
12) very small?? its larger than that on the 35! lol i mean it aint no soccer mom's car obviously.. nor is it a "moving" car
13) why you worried? ours come 5AT wether you like it or not!
14) yeah DS mode shifts faster than the paddles.. im working on that though
15) rough as in super powerful and throw your back to the seat?
16) no that is just BS 2 average sized people can fit in there easily.. some went with me from AD to DXB.. no complaints on size.. only was too hot for them coz they had no in the back AC and the sun was hittin their heads straight through the rear windshield
17) i agree with that one
18) you can lower your seat..my friend is 190cm and was 100% fine
19) it isnt uncomfy it just holds you tight to show passion and love
20) it is SOMEWHAT slow..i manage not so tiresome though
21) yeah this isnt an Escalade
22) has to do with the small clearance between the door and the seat.. you can squish your hand in though..but yet again.. how often do you have to manually fix your seat position? have it stored n you're set
23) hmmm well all i can say choose the roads you drive on with care.. yes you just wanna floor that thing and enjoy the intake tone i agree! no speed tickets in my G so far though plus in dubai u can drive up to 140 on sheikh zayed and up to 160 when ur in AD.. in the US you can never exceed 120 kmph thats why theyre all complaining about it
24) against drops.. car is designed for everyday use lets keep it that way.. on the track its a different story

not many negatives..n to get all those perfected you'd be a looking at a Merc.. but yet again to each its price
not be positive and look at the bright side.. that G37 is just wow!

hope that helped

Cheers,
Sam
Old 09-17-2008, 12:14 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

For those of you who are in the UAE.. theres the G Coupe Club's first official meet.. PM me for more info if you think you can drop by Abu Dhabi on Thursday the 25th of Sept
Cheers,
Sam
Old 09-22-2008, 12:05 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Bumping this.. i know there are a few G37's on this forum from the UAE where you hiding?
Old 10-20-2008, 05:22 AM
bufflex

Hey shabab im 3abdalla from UAE. Im a new member and a new G37S owner so, nice to meet u all.

I’ve been wondering for sometime now, why the hell options in our cars vary from those in the U.S? For instance, they have the built-in Ipod connection (by that I don’t mean the 3 ports AUX) that offers a full control of the damn thing. Another option is heated seats, of course we don’t need any additional heat, but they could’ve changed it to ventilated seats at least! Yeah and about the Music Box, Voice Command and playing video on the NAV screen, anybody has any idea about these features? If you do, please share.

Last edited by bufflex; 10-20-2008 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:33 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

Man welcome to the club. That stupid b*tch that sold me the car told me it had a full iPod interface.. of course I already paid the deposit and am waiting for the car to arrive. Turns out she meant the jacks but what the hell I was too turned on to let that car go.
And yeah we aint got voice command nor a music box.
Would love to check out your car in person? Wanna hear that catback!
Did you order your catback online or did you just buy it locally? I ordered Fast Intentions should be arriving in a week or so cant wait!
Check out pix of out first meet on https://www.myg37.com/forums/picture-share-g-coupe/185517-g-coupe-club-first-meet-25-09-08-uae.html
Cheers,
Old 10-21-2008, 02:28 AM
Q8_G37S_Red

Originally Posted by bufflex
Hey shabab im 3abdalla from UAE. Im a new member and a new G37S owner so, nice to meet u all.

I’ve been wondering for sometime now, why the hell options in our cars vary from those in the U.S? For instance, they have the built-in Ipod connection (by that I don’t mean the 3 ports AUX) that offers a full control of the damn thing. Another option is heated seats, of course we don’t need any additional heat, but they could’ve changed it to ventilated seats at least! Yeah and about the Music Box, Voice Command and playing video on the NAV screen, anybody has any idea about these features? If you do, please share.
Hi 3bduallah i'm Abdulziz from Kuwait i just wana ask you how much does the Cat-Back because i'm really interested in Borla Exhaust

Quick Reply: G37 Owners in UAE